Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Martyrofsand

Senior Member

04-05-2012

What champs would you say counters Ahri mid and what is the best way to play around them?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacredMesa View Post
What champs would you say counters Ahri mid and what is the best way to play around them?
Galio, LB, Kass, and actually pretty much any ranged AD...

Galio can shove minion to Ahri's turret, making it really hard for her to farm
LB's burst make Ahri's dps looks like a joke
Kass can just silence Ahri

As for ranged AD, they will outdamage and usually outrange Ahri most of the time, some ranged AD such as Caitlyn and MF can even zone Ahri out with the heavy harass.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

G Lovv

Junior Member

04-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
Well, I will just help you to keep your IP cost as low as possible while getting the most out of it.

Buy these champions:
1. Sivir
2. Soraka
3. Warwick
4. Taric
5. Udyr
6. Galio

Udyr and Warwick can both jungle and solo top really well, while Galio can be play for both solo top and ap mid (and counter Cass, LB as well, two most annoying champions that can win mid lanes)
Awesome, thanks for the tip and the prompt response!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Solatoral

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-05-2012

How do you gank early as Skarner? (pre6 that is).

Often I TRY but without any success because he has a mediocre "gap closer" early on. I often get called a noob and "lrn2jungle" which upsets me. Because when I'm 6+ I help the team a lot. I participate in fights, I stay together, I manage to grab someone out of position, or suppress the carry. I do my job, but the early levels really make me sad because I dont know how to do anything compared to a lee sin gank.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solatoral View Post
How do you gank early as Skarner? (pre6 that is).

Often I TRY but without any success because he has a mediocre "gap closer" early on. I often get called a noob and "lrn2jungle" which upsets me. Because when I'm 6+ I help the team a lot. I participate in fights, I stay together, I manage to grab someone out of position, or suppress the carry. I do my job, but the early levels really make me sad because I dont know how to do anything compared to a lee sin gank.
You won't be able to gank as good as Lee sin, but the movement speed buff and permaslow from Skarner is still really good

Remember, Skarner's slow apply after charging it up, so charge it up before you want to slow the enemy

Also, one of the biggest mistake that Skarner players usually do is that they autoattack and ran out of position to keep the slow on the enemy, sometime it is better to keep walking forward rather than autoattacking.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheGoldenRebel

Member

04-05-2012

So, I have been playing ww jungle ( 47% winrate, not too bad ) from time to time and I usually get ( not in this particular order ) :

Madreds Bloodrazor ( sometimes i get Spirit visage first and then switch to Madreds ),
Boots of Swiftness ( depends, sometimes merc treads ),
Malady
Wit's End
Bloodthirster
Frozen Mallet

Anyways, I was wondering, would ap top work? Start with a Dorans Ring Maybe even a bit hybrid with Hextech Gunblade and Frozen Heart for mana, Spirit visage would work well, what do you think? Can this be pulled off? Because I know some people tried it, but I don't think it worked for them.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Best Fizz EU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-05-2012

Every time I jungle, I ALWAYS end up under-leveled by mid-game. I try to be jungling as much as I can when I don't see a good gank, and rush wriggle's (I only play Lee Sin jungle atm). I also stay out of lanes early-game unless I'm ganking, because if I was told correctly, I should not push the lanes, steal cs, or sap exp from the lanes early-game. I just played a game where I went 6/1/3, and was still 2 levels under my other team mates. Any tips to stay leveled?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy 0rton View Post
So, I have been playing ww jungle ( 47% winrate, not too bad ) from time to time and I usually get ( not in this particular order ) :

Madreds Bloodrazor ( sometimes i get Spirit visage first and then switch to Madreds ),
Boots of Swiftness ( depends, sometimes merc treads ),
Malady
Wit's End
Bloodthirster
Frozen Mallet

Anyways, I was wondering, would ap top work? Start with a Dorans Ring Maybe even a bit hybrid with Hextech Gunblade and Frozen Heart for mana, Spirit visage would work well, what do you think? Can this be pulled off? Because I know some people tried it, but I don't think it worked for them.
Madred bloodrazor is really expensive and ineffective during early game as your first major item. It shines when it is late game and people have gotten a lot of health, but before that, don't rush it.

Malady is good on certain on-hit build, but while warwick must remains close and stay in the front line, you should think about building him more tanky, the same reason goes with bloodthirster.

AP wick is actually really annoying to lane against, however, even though the harass and sustain from AP wick is good, usually you will see him melt in a major team fight. so you need to think about how to make that up.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Pikmin View Post
Every time I jungle, I ALWAYS end up under-leveled by mid-game. I try to be jungling as much as I can when I don't see a good gank, and rush wriggle's (I only play Lee Sin jungle atm). I also stay out of lanes early-game unless I'm ganking, because if I was told correctly, I should not push the lanes, steal cs, or sap exp from the lanes early-game. I just played a game where I went 6/1/3, and was still 2 levels under my other team mates. Any tips to stay leveled?
3 things to beware of when you are playing Lee Sin jungle

1. Did you perfectly space out your ability to maximize the passive?
2. Are you leveling the abilities right? (Ex: Maxing shield will be safe jungle, but not fast jungle)
3. Are you ganking enough?

Most of the Lee Sin players that I know are really passive in the jungle, often leveling up shield even though it is unnecessary, and often fail to find why Lee Sin is such a strong champion (Ex: Never think about ganking at level 2 even when there is an opening)

Gank more! Counter jungle more! You shouldn't be that far behind, considering that your jungle speed is decent and you can often sustain for a long time! (Well, make sure you don't stay in jungle for too long, buying some new items can improve your jungle time by quite a lot)

Underlevel is fine, but underfarm and not increasing the pressure on the enemy is not.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheGoldenRebel

Member

04-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
Madred bloodrazor is really expensive and ineffective during early game as your first major item. It shines when it is late game and people have gotten a lot of health, but before that, don't rush it.

Malady is good on certain on-hit build, but while warwick must remains close and stay in the front line, you should think about building him more tanky, the same reason goes with bloodthirster.

AP wick is actually really annoying to lane against, however, even though the harass and sustain from AP wick is good, usually you will see him melt in a major team fight. so you need to think about how to make that up.
I only get Madred Bloodrazor if I do really well, if I don't, I get wriggles first and spirit visage, and then switch them out for Bloodrazor later on.

More tanky, so sunfire? Works well with ult and chasing, and pretty tanky, and if I'll try AP ww, I think Rylai's would work well, HP, AP, and a slow for when I use q (or ult)

What about if I go a little bit tanky as AP ww, with Rylai's and Spirit Visage, maybe even frozen mallet if I try hybrid (does rylai's and frozen mallet stack? I don't think so, cause it's a unique passive right?) Maybe I could start off with Haunting Guise ( 25AP, 200HP, & +20 mpr)

Edit: I am going to try hybrid ww right now , hopefully it will somehow work.