Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Boom Swagz

01-22-2012

I like playing the role of the jungler and i feel i do my job fine, i gank lanes and i also steal blue buff + watch the times at which i do things but sometimes i get those teams when there's nothing you can do because the team has a support and you dont, so is the only way to win games is if i learn to support and go bot every game?
im currently stuck at the 1150-1270 elo range

til Days of Blue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepowerpete View Post
How do u take jungleing into late game?
I am in pretty terrible elo hell(1190) and i usually jungle, i usually do well early game but end up falling off late game and not being useful
You don't jungle after early game.

Ganks, take buff, counter jungle enemy, and take dragon and map control.

I dare to say that you doesn't gank enough and had stayed in jungle for too long.

til Days of Blue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
Why are people so obessed with building attack speed on characters with attack speed steroids?
They think they can do more damage by doing more hits, little knowing that finding a balance between doing big hits and quick hits will do more damage.

til Days of Blue

01-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBoomBoxLimiterx View Post
I like playing the role of the jungler and i feel i do my job fine, i gank lanes and i also steal blue buff + watch the times at which i do things but sometimes i get those teams when there's nothing you can do because the team has a support and you dont, so is the only way to win games is if i learn to support and go bot every game?
im currently stuck at the 1150-1270 elo range
Which junglers do you play?

With team that doesn't have support, play aggressively early game, force the enemy to lose their lane and allow your bottom lane to turn into a kill lane, CS doesn't even matter at that point if your lane is so far up ahead (which usually mean killing the lane twice...which is actually pretty easy if you play aggressive jungler such as Lee sin or Shaco.

Boom Swagz

01-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
Which junglers do you play?

With team that doesn't have support, play aggressively early game, force the enemy to lose their lane and allow your bottom lane to turn into a kill lane, CS doesn't even matter at that point if your lane is so far up ahead (which usually mean killing the lane twice...which is actually pretty easy if you play aggressive jungler such as Lee sin or Shaco.
I play shaco (not that much anymore, lose interest, was my main), lee sin (sometimes),
amumu (if we need a ap tank role), riven (a lot because i recently got her skin), udyr (but i suck at him i dont know why), and tryndamere (but i dont like him anymore)
Most of my junglers there ^

til Days of Blue

01-22-2012

Quote:
I play shaco (not that much anymore, lose interest, was my main), lee sin (sometimes),
amumu (if we need a ap tank role), riven (a lot because i recently got her skin), udyr (but i suck at him i dont know why), and tryndamere (but i dont like him anymore)
Most of my junglers there ^
Out of the list, I will only recommend Riven, Udyr and Lee sin.

Tryndamere's jungle kinda put him behind in term of farming, and Amumu's jungle is easily counter able, and Shaco keeps getting ban anyway.

Boom Swagz

01-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
Out of the list, I will only recommend Riven, Udyr and Lee sin.

Tryndamere's jungle kinda put him behind in term of farming, and Amumu's jungle is easily counter able, and Shaco keeps getting ban anyway.
can i get some help with udyr?, i always do bad as him, for some reason i dont put out enough damage, and if i build tanky dps (which i usually do) its mostly ineffective, yet i see so many udyr players putting out tons of damage...

til Days of Blue

01-22-2012

Quote:
can i get some help with udyr?, i always do bad as him, for some reason i dont put out enough damage, and if i build tanky dps (which i usually do) its mostly ineffective, yet i see so many udyr players putting out tons of damage...
Usually the big differences is using Tiger stance...

The tiger stance is only good for the first hit, that is it...after that, you better switch to the other stances.

With that being said, Tiger Udyr is a lot weaker now =[.

ThorHammerz

01-22-2012

I'm thinking of playing Lux again as an AP mid, but some problems keep cropping up whenever I get the urge to do so.

1) Maybe it's just bad luck, but almost every game in mid now I have to face Le Blanc. How would you stay alive (and still get farm!) as Lux vs. Le Blanc mid? I can't go close enough to even auto attack to proc Illumination because then LB will combo for 40% of my HP. Spells don't do enough until at least level 5 for her E (the AoE). What starting items would you recommend?

2) Lux goes OOM quite a bit - what mana sustain item (catalyst, other?) would be good on Lux? (at the 7-10 minute recall - depending on whether or not I get fed/good CS/countered + anally violated), and also for endgame mana problems. Tear of Goddess into Archangels (not turning it till late late when i have gold to blow/i get 600+ mana on it)?

3) Is it more beneficial to go max CDR, over heavy AP (ie maybe 10-15% CDR)? Noting that I can only secure blue buff maybe a half of the time, because the 2/8/2 jungler thinks he can do a better job with blue (and dies 2 minutes later).

4) Which boots would you recommend? Sorcerer's Boots, or Ionians? (I get merc treads if I face heavy CC of course)

- This is for Normal Blind Pick, at about the level 28ish MMR. Thanks!

til Days of Blue

01-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorHammerz View Post
I'm thinking of playing Lux again as an AP mid, but some problems keep cropping up whenever I get the urge to do so.

1) Maybe it's just bad luck, but almost every game in mid now I have to face Le Blanc. How would you stay alive (and still get farm!) as Lux vs. Le Blanc mid? I can't go close enough to even auto attack to proc Illumination because then LB will combo for 40% of my HP. Spells don't do enough until at least level 5 for her E (the AoE). What starting items would you recommend?

2) Lux goes OOM quite a bit - what mana sustain item (catalyst, other?) would be good on Lux? (at the 7-10 minute recall - depending on whether or not I get fed/good CS/countered + anally violated), and also for endgame mana problems. Tear of Goddess into Archangels (not turning it till late late when i have gold to blow/i get 600+ mana on it)?

3) Is it more beneficial to go max CDR, over heavy AP (ie maybe 10-15% CDR)? Noting that I can only secure blue buff maybe a half of the time, because the 2/8/2 jungler thinks he can do a better job with blue (and dies 2 minutes later).

4) Which boots would you recommend? Sorcerer's Boots, or Ionians? (I get merc treads if I face heavy CC of course)

- This is for Normal Blind Pick, at about the level 28ish MMR. Thanks!
1. Leblanc beats all AP mid early game, there is not much you can do to avoid that.
2.RoA if you can get blue buff, otherwise, you might need to go tear for the mana pool, but I don't recommend it.
3. A balance of AP and cdr will be nice, as lux, you want to maintain your zone, while not being too weak on damage.
4. Ionians if you are playing support, Sorcerer's boots if you are playing AP carry.