Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaisun View Post
Hey, I consider myself a mediocre player, but I really want to get better. I hesitate to play ranked very often, unless I'm with my duo partner, but I want to raise my elo anyway still. To do that, I need to get better until I can actually carry a team if needs be. Unfortunately, my position I work best in, is solo top, not the ap or ad carry. What should I do to get better?
Can you list the champions that you use and usually what kind of trouble you encounter?

SayWay911

04-01-2012

In general I play AP characters can you tell me how do I get better in general?

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayWay911 View Post
In general I play AP characters can you tell me how do I get better in general?
Ward both side of the mid jungle and be more aggressive on ganking for top or bottom lane.

LegendsOfSushi

04-02-2012

1. Ok I pretty much main Ahri because she is such a fun champ. I'm buying flat runes for her because I want that good early game harass ability(90% of times I'm mid). But should I get the AP runes that increase slowly everytime I lvl up? Not sure here.

2. Not sure if my brother is a ****** or not. Since my bro is lvl 30 and I'm lvl 28. I buy tier 3 runes. My brother told me once I reach to lvl 30 I could buy better runes. Is this true or is he stupid?

Amaltron

Recruiter

04-02-2012

I currently am quite proficient with Graves, Kog, Vayne, and Sivir.
At the moment, I want to pick up Caitlyn and MF but do really bad with them. I understand the weaknesses and strengths of Cait and MF but still cannot play them at a proficient level. I feel as though they do not co-relate with my style of play but I still do want to pick them up as I want to master all the AD carries. Do you have any tips on how I can go against my playstyle and develop a way to play them?

jjakji

04-02-2012

KEN Where do I get a replayer for LOL so I can watch replays of my matchs? Also Midding as Ryze which do you prefer on combos.. QWEQ QWQEQ.. with ult ofcourse QRWEQ..

FaerellG

04-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by QQGoSu View Post
KEN Where do I get a replayer for LOL so I can watch replays of my matchs? Also Midding as Ryze which do you prefer on combos.. QWEQ QWQEQ.. with ult ofcourse QRWEQ..
http://www.leaguereplays.com/

jjakji

04-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaerellG View Post
thx mang

ExecutionerK

04-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastBubbletea View Post
1. Ok I pretty much main Ahri because she is such a fun champ. I'm buying flat runes for her because I want that good early game harass ability(90% of times I'm mid). But should I get the AP runes that increase slowly everytime I lvl up? Not sure here.

2. Not sure if my brother is a ****** or not. Since my bro is lvl 30 and I'm lvl 28. I buy tier 3 runes. My brother told me once I reach to lvl 30 I could buy better runes. Is this true or is he stupid?
Flat and AP/lvl runes both work decently on Ahri, it is your choice

No, tier 3 runes are the highest tier in LoL (as of 4/2/2012)

ExecutionerK

04-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaltron View Post
I currently am quite proficient with Graves, Kog, Vayne, and Sivir.
At the moment, I want to pick up Caitlyn and MF but do really bad with them. I understand the weaknesses and strengths of Cait and MF but still cannot play them at a proficient level. I feel as though they do not co-relate with my style of play but I still do want to pick them up as I want to master all the AD carries. Do you have any tips on how I can go against my playstyle and develop a way to play them?
Some ranged AD is just different compare to the others, from what I see is that you prefer carry that either farm to victory or trade really well. Perhaps what you need to work on is kiting and make use of harassment, for Caitlyn and MF both needed to harass the enemy to win a lane.

The first step should be kiting, hit and run strag when you are fighting the enemy, then the next one will be more harasses, such as shooting the enemy when they are trying to get their last hit.