Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Joe is a player

03-22-2012

Can you give some tips on getting out of ELO hell...(my elo is unfortunately 834 because of trolls, leavers, and feeders) how do i deal with them?

LegendGuide

03-22-2012

Quote:
JSKILLET1:
Can you give some tips on getting out of ELO hell...(my elo is unfortunately 834 because of trolls, leavers, and feeders) how do i deal with them?

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1919567&highlight=team+stay+positive

ExecutionerK

03-22-2012

Quote:
LegendGuide:
Is it better to be winning in kills, or winning in turrets?

Winning in turrets is usually better, because it is global gold + you get close to enemy nexus

ExecutionerK

03-22-2012

Quote:
JSKILLET1:

Step 1. Don't blame your team for trolls, leavers or feeders, if you can go as deep as 834, chances are that you lack something in your gameplay,

**Usually people's true ELO is + or - 200 after the first 20 games, 834 = you are at most 1k ELO player

Step 2. Communicate with the team
Try to get your team to work with you, I cannot tell you how many times games have been won by just communicating

Step 3. Win your lane, and gank other lanes
Pretty straight forward for this one, you win your lane, then you DON'T FARM, but proceed to help other lanes.

This way, you have 2 semi-fed lane, rather than one fed lane, which is much more difficult for enemy to shut down.

Hipster Panda

03-22-2012

This is my favorite thread that I have come across on these forums, because you really make an effort to answer all questions posed to you, and you do so in a logical and effective manner. I really enjoy reading your responses, and I feel like they make me a better player.

AP mid has always been my weakest category. I'm pretty confident in my ability to dominate top lane, I can jungle and gank effectively, I can support well (Janna <3) and I'm a decent AD carry (though I find myself relying on Caitlyn for dominance), but I can't seem to consistently do well in mid.

I used to play Akali mid all the time and would carry games by myself. I never ended up grabbing gunblade, so that nerf didn't bother me much. It just seems like every new champion that comes out has more and more cc, and it became more difficult to succeed with her in mid. That, and the quicker jungle makes ganking easier and more common, and she NEEDS her farm. I usually rushed sheen, with mostly positive results, but I digress.

So I ask you, if you had to choose a top three list of mid champions to learn, what would it be? I can do Midplank alright if I have to take on like a Kassadin or Morgana or something, but I'm really looking for an AP carry that I can excel with.

Thanks in advance.

Sokolniki

03-22-2012

I have to thank you Ken, and all the others who work on this thread. Today, I finally worked up the courage to do the Ranked Solo/Duo Queue. After finishing my first 10 placement matches, I ended up with a 1415 Rating with 8 wins and 2 losses. Having read up on supports from you and your site, I was able to play Sona confidently and competently for 8 of those matches. I used a Kayle in another match as the AD Carry, and one match Jungling as Shyvana and having tweeked my build to be a little tankier a little bit sooner, I was able to repeatedly gank mid and bottom (Our Jarvan had Solo Top on total lock down) for successful kills and assists. and stole blue for my mid several times.

As far as I can tell, I managed to dodge the so called "ELO Hell" and the frustrations related to it thanks to the quick and detailed answers you have given to both me and many others who have come here, and for that, you have my sincerest thanks.

Maybe soon I could find myself answering questions on here as an 1800+ player.

Hardscar

03-22-2012

After spending several days playing a Nautilus build I went back to Tristana and messed around with her as well, and I definitely have learned a bit more caution in mid with her. However I'm wondering how she would work as a jungler in competition play.

With her low health she's susceptible to ganks but with her rocket jump ability she's able to get away from a lot of situations. With an exhaust/smite summoner spell combination and a fast build into wriggles after berserker's boots, it seems as if she would make a good jungler.

I currently have a 10+ % attack speed 20+ armor penetration Rune build that I use for her, but the runes might change for jungling.

I suspect she might just be a bit too crunchy for competitive jungling unless one is just absurdly good at instantly responding to gank attempts. I'm not that person, but would like to see if I really need to be

LarcyBrown

03-22-2012

Quote:
ExecutionerKen:
I haven't have the time to look at the replay yet, but according to builds I see some major problem

1. No wriggles
Shyvana is really strong in jungle, and she can easily proc that wriggle especially with her Q, you are missing a lot of potential clear time improvement or counter jungling by not buying wriggle.

2. Building armor too late
I can see that you are trying to build a thornmail as you already got cloth armor and chain armor, but it is still too late, you need the armor earlier when you see the enemy talon is doing so much damage, not to mention that the enemy team is AD base other than malzahar

3. Building Warmog

Although your team is really good in term of crowd control (sona and annie stun), you want Frozen Mallet more than Warmog, Frozen Mallet is just amazing on Shyvana as it allows her to peel off the enemy from Vayne much easier. (also going to be her only constant CC in team fight

seems to me if u use the exact same build as every other shyvanna player, wits end frozen mallet mercury threads.....you cant tank enough with it and you cant do enough damage with it.Sometimes it seems if u dun do the damage urself u cant depend on ur team to do it for you....and that with the same kit extra pro player use as shyvnna for you you cant do shiz with it......which is why i didnt get wriggles that game.........maybe i should just not do jungling...my win ratio for it in ranked isnt good ._.But yeah it was more of a filler spot then anything else.

When i play shyv in ranked with the recommanded build no one wants to initate usually and no one wants to fight im bored outta my skull until i end up geting myself involve in a 3 vs 1 exausted and lose the fight lolz

ExecutionerK

03-22-2012

Quote:
Hipster Panda:
This is my favorite thread that I have come across on these forums, because you really make an effort to answer all questions posed to you, and you do so in a logical and effective manner. I really enjoy reading your responses, and I feel like they make me a better player.

AP mid has always been my weakest category. I'm pretty confident in my ability to dominate top lane, I can jungle and gank effectively, I can support well (Janna <3) and I'm a decent AD carry (though I find myself relying on Caitlyn for dominance), but I can't seem to consistently do well in mid.

I used to play Akali mid all the time and would carry games by myself. I never ended up grabbing gunblade, so that nerf didn't bother me much. It just seems like every new champion that comes out has more and more cc, and it became more difficult to succeed with her in mid. That, and the quicker jungle makes ganking easier and more common, and she NEEDS her farm. I usually rushed sheen, with mostly positive results, but I digress.

So I ask you, if you had to choose a top three list of mid champions to learn, what would it be? I can do Midplank alright if I have to take on like a Kassadin or Morgana or something, but I'm really looking for an AP carry that I can excel with.

Thanks in advance.

Hm...I think Ryze, Morgana, and Annie will be good champions to start off with, for they are cheap, easy to use, and more importantly, always good for both laning and team fight.

ExecutionerK

03-22-2012

Quote:
Sokolniki:
I have to thank you Ken, and all the others who work on this thread. Today, I finally worked up the courage to do the Ranked Solo/Duo Queue. After finishing my first 10 placement matches, I ended up with a 1415 Rating with 8 wins and 2 losses. Having read up on supports from you and your site, I was able to play Sona confidently and competently for 8 of those matches. I used a Kayle in another match as the AD Carry, and one match Jungling as Shyvana and having tweeked my build to be a little tankier a little bit sooner, I was able to repeatedly gank mid and bottom (Our Jarvan had Solo Top on total lock down) for successful kills and assists. and stole blue for my mid several times.

As far as I can tell, I managed to dodge the so called "ELO Hell" and the frustrations related to it thanks to the quick and detailed answers you have given to both me and many others who have come here, and for that, you have my sincerest thanks.

Maybe soon I could find myself answering questions on here as an 1800+ player.

the so call "ELO hell" doesn't exist, as long as you are prepare for ranked

I went over your Sona's build though, and I would like to leave a note for you

Starting from philo stone is always great, but if you build tear afterward, you will often found yourself lack gold if you build the shurelya right away, I think you need to build a HoG so that you have a stable income after building the shurelya, and HoG still provide you decent health pool to tank.

I also saw that you built a rabadon deathcap in some games, I would also prefer to drop that and build an Aegis, which benefits your team more than buying a deathcap, as Sona's range after laning is not long, and aura items will generally help the teammates more than you think.