Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kam2kazi View Post
Do you play draft or blind pick?

Like which do you play more often? and why?
Ignored...This is help thread= ="

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by S B View Post
I know you've given some Irelia advice before but...

I've bought her a while back and I haven't really used her as much, now I'm wanting to use my investment.

I've also played a few games as Panth, Had good scores but I don't feel as big of a threat later on. Who do you prefer, Irelia or Panth?

Also, I know Triforce is a must on Irelia, how about other AD items? lifesteal? Attack speed? Warmogs/atmas? I need Irelia help period lol
Normally all Irelia want for offensive item is trinity force, mainly because Irelia is build as a tanky dps. If you buy any other offensive item, she will be able to get focus down in a teamfight.

You want an Irelia that does damage, yet so tanky that no one want to burst you as your teammates will do more damage overtime.

I prefer Irelia over Pantheon because Pantheon's late game suck compare to Irelia's. Also, Pantheon is more of an early - mid game champion, while Irelia is a farm base champion, they are quite different in many senses.

Sokolniki

01-15-2012

So I'm only lvl 21, settled on Anivia as my go to champion and typically play a mana intensive laning phase. I've dedicated my Seals to Mp5/level and my Glyphs to AP/Level. My Quints are presently 2 Mp5/level, I plan on making the 3rd an AP/level and changing one of my Mp5/level quints to another AP/level quint once I get my last 3 seal slots. So in other words, I should end up with 9 Mp5/level Seals, 1 Mp5/level Quint, 9 AP/level Glyphs, 2 Ap/level Quints. Does this sound reasonable and what should my Marks be? More AP/level or Spell Pen?

Presently I have Summoners Insight, Expanded Mind, Improved Recall, Swiftness, Meditation, Transmutation, Runic Affinity, Sage, Intelligence and Mastermind all maxed out. 8 of 9 Offensive masteries seem pretty common sense with 3 points Mental Force, 4 points Sorcery and 1 point Arcane Knowledge... but the last point, should it go to maxing Mental Force or go with Summoner's Wrath for ignite?

My typical ability order in the mid lane is to just max out Q and E (Priority to E for most champs) before putting a point into W, and grabbing R on 6 vs most champs though stronger solo laners I typically push it back to 8. Does this sound about right? (I grab w for dual laning on lvl 4 for spotting the brush)

Typical Item Build is Meki's + 2 Health Pots (Thinking to switch to two mana pots now that I've switched to the spellvamp mastery) to open, Tear of Goddess and Sorceror's Boots are case dependent but usually take up my first two item slots, then Archangel's Staff. Then I typically build towards RoA and then Deathcap. Which leaves 2 items. Typically, these have been Void Staff and either Zhonya's Hourglass or Abyssal depending on the general make up of the opponents. Is this at least acceptable?

And then last but not least, I do reasonably well solo laning against most champs... but Kassadin leaves me scratching my head. I've laned against him twice, but the only solution I could come up with was to let him push the lane to my turret and farm with a maxed range Q when the waves collide in center and wait for a good gank opportunity. So my question is.... is this all you really can do against a mid lane Kass as Anivia?

ExecutionerKen

01-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokolniki View Post
So I'm only lvl 21, settled on Anivia as my go to champion and typically play a mana intensive laning phase. I've dedicated my Seals to Mp5/level and my Glyphs to AP/Level. My Quints are presently 2 Mp5/level, I plan on making the 3rd an AP/level and changing one of my Mp5/level quints to another AP/level quint once I get my last 3 seal slots. So in other words, I should end up with 9 Mp5/level Seals, 1 Mp5/level Quint, 9 AP/level Glyphs, 2 Ap/level Quints. Does this sound reasonable and what should my Marks be? More AP/level or Spell Pen?

Presently I have Summoners Insight, Expanded Mind, Improved Recall, Swiftness, Meditation, Transmutation, Runic Affinity, Sage, Intelligence and Mastermind all maxed out. 8 of 9 Offensive masteries seem pretty common sense with 3 points Mental Force, 4 points Sorcery and 1 point Arcane Knowledge... but the last point, should it go to maxing Mental Force or go with Summoner's Wrath for ignite?

My typical ability order in the mid lane is to just max out Q and E (Priority to E for most champs) before putting a point into W, and grabbing R on 6 vs most champs though stronger solo laners I typically push it back to 8. Does this sound about right? (I grab w for dual laning on lvl 4 for spotting the brush)

Typical Item Build is Meki's + 2 Health Pots (Thinking to switch to two mana pots now that I've switched to the spellvamp mastery) to open, Tear of Goddess and Sorceror's Boots are case dependent but usually take up my first two item slots, then Archangel's Staff. Then I typically build towards RoA and then Deathcap. Which leaves 2 items. Typically, these have been Void Staff and either Zhonya's Hourglass or Abyssal depending on the general make up of the opponents. Is this at least acceptable?

And then last but not least, I do reasonably well solo laning against most champs... but Kassadin leaves me scratching my head. I've laned against him twice, but the only solution I could come up with was to let him push the lane to my turret and farm with a maxed range Q when the waves collide in center and wait for a good gank opportunity. So my question is.... is this all you really can do against a mid lane Kass as Anivia?
1. Both masteries choice is fine

2. As for building, you don't want to build both Archangel and RoA, take one of them, otherwise, you delay your deathcap for too long.
If you can get blue buff, then RoA, if you can't, Archangel.
The rest of the build looks fine

3. Kass counters all mages.
If you really want to get him, one of the only way is to throw your Q to him, right when his silence is travelling, then frostbite right after the silence is gone.

This method only works if the enemy kass fail to dodge the Q, however.

In conclusion, there is really not much you can do to kass but farm up.

Sokolniki

01-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
3. Kass counters all mages.
If you really want to get him, one of the only way is to throw your Q to him, right when his silence is travelling, then frostbite right after the silence is gone.

This method only works if the enemy kass fail to dodge the Q, however.

In conclusion, there is really not much you can do to kass but farm up.
I was afraid that was the case, regardless, thanks. I've been finding a good deal of success with going Tear > Boots > Deathcap > Archangels in the solo queues after reading your advice on the build... just need to figure out what I should use in the slot I have open now that I no longer build RoA.

Sir Jungleton

01-16-2012

i hear ad soraka works well

chinfinger

01-22-2012

I am about 1300 elo now and about 20 games into ranked. I watch chaox play graves a lot and notice he brings heal flash and builds wriggles first. is there any reason I should not do this in my elo(graves is my main and i play him if i can)? some people on my team don't think i should. why is this?

also, I am having trouble positioning myself in team fights due to the fact that everyone focuses me. i feel like my damage wins fights but is it more important to just run away if i'm being focused? also in those fights, usually the tank is only one in range but should i hit him until a squishy comes in range or should I compromise my position and find the squishy?

lastly, how do i deal with a lane when the support is mainly there just for harass. e.g. nid, ali, lux etc. it is very hard to get cs and win lane against those people.

thanks.

S B

01-22-2012

Rageblade or Nashors tooth on hybrid Kennen? (Yes, AD Kennen does sound interesting, I'm thinking Nashors would be a better pick on Kennen although Rageblade does give more AD).

Etherimp

01-22-2012

I play a lot of tanky DPS and junglers (amumu, rammus, irelia, morde, jarvan, etc).. I also dabble in Caitlyn Bot from time to time if I have a pocket support that I am in voice-comm with... but that's beside the point.

Solo-Top, I normally have no problem out-farming my opponents (and even most of my team). I normally end games with more than 200 cs. Problem is, I also usually DO NOT get a lot of kills during laning phase (if any at all), so,

#1. - Are there any tips or tricks you can share with us to securing first blood (or securing kills at all) when playing solo-top tanky dps? Whether that means ganking another lane or baiting out a kill top lane.

In normal games when I solo-queue it's almost impossible to expect junglers to do their job, and other lanes not to feed. It's also very difficult, as a jungler, to depend upon my team to not do stupid things like push their lane.. or ignore the fact that I am attempting to gank someone, so they just stand back and do nothing when gank time comes. . . Or worse yet, they over-commit and towerdive even though the kill is not imminent, and the enemy has blown summoners.

#2. - What is the easiest jungler to get fed early game with thru ganks/jungle control? Same question for Solo-top.

Weajiin

01-22-2012

I used to play Soraka almost every match from level 10-30 and about 400 matches after that. She then was changed / nerfed especially in her ability power ratios. The builds that I tweaked got the most out of her. Once I finally started playing ranked matches there was a problem. Lower elo players try to follow higher elo players to the letter. I wasn't gp/5 and warding so I got a lot of flak.

1. I realize warding is essential but should it all be placed on one player? If I am throwing down 150-225 gold on wards every time I go to spawn, that severely inhibits my ability to really support with Soraka.

2. I feel a Fiendish Codex and Boots of Lucidity are going to help my team more than a Philosopher's Stone and brief periods of sight on the map. Am I wrong to ignore the warding and instead check my mini-map once every two seconds?