Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaicha View Post
When porting back for the 2nd time in the game with Boots + Dorans Ring, 850 gold, a ward and 2 health potions (assuming you are playing standard AP mid, say Ahri or Casseopia) do you

A) Sell your potions and ward to get 2 more Dorans Ring
B) Buy Sorceror's Shoes and a couple more potions/wards
C) Sell a potion and buy Mana Crystal + Health Crystal
D) Sell a potion and buy 2 Amplifying Tomes
I will buy sorceror's boot and buy another ward, 2 wards allow you to perfectly cover your mid and part of enemy jungle, and the sorceror's boot's magic pen can help your damage by a lot.

DMPuffy

03-13-2012

As AP Sion, do you want to pick up a revolver in any situations or just keep picking up potions? I've tried both, but I always just end up selling the revolver to pick up another item early and not really using it all that much.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonards View Post
As AP Sion, do you want to pick up a revolver in any situations or just keep picking up potions? I've tried both, but I always just end up selling the revolver to pick up another item early and not really using it all that much.
Revolver is usually too slow, AP sion's true power is his ganking ability. and revolver is sustain in lane, they are countering each other.

Meazy

03-14-2012

I really enjoy playing Shen and feel I do it fairly well. I normally start health crystal -> HoG and boots. Then my next time back what I buy is where sometimes I differentiate. If I am solo top and I have enough $ I may get the sword that slows (forget name and I'm at work) and gives health. I don't upgrade it until very late in the game. Other times I'll go straight to building warmogs or an aegis. I play him as a tank but sometimes feel that I can "get away with" buying that sword item (around 1.4k combined cost) if I rake in enough gold early, and then build straight tank, ie warmogs, aegis, randuins, etc. Is that a good move? I find the slow very effective for Shen when I am front line and really helps with additional light cc once taunt is over.

A couple other questions...... I have heard of people buying the item that releases "chain lightning" every 4th hit and has health + attk spd built in (again forget name). I realize the perks of AS on Shen but I never feel like there is a good time to buy that and feel like the $ is better spent on anything else. Is that item really viable on Shen?

Last question, is Shen better served as solo top or bottom? I never play him or build him as "support", but I find that he does allow your ad to farm effectively bottom. I just like him top as the other guys rarely are able to gank me bc of his great escapability with taunt. Sorry for the novel - I'll hang up and listen. Thanks!

DMPuffy

03-14-2012

What's your opinion on Haunting Guise?

Folly Inc

03-14-2012

I took a gamble on Executioners Calling against WW. It really choked down his healing but it didn't do anything to slow his actual damage output. Should I have built something else first? or is EC just not worth the time?

DMPuffy

03-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folly Inc View Post
I took a gamble on Executioners Calling against WW. It really choked down his healing but it didn't do anything to slow his actual damage output. Should I have built something else first? or is EC just not worth the time?
Who were you playing? Some MR (QSS probably) would have been a better option perhaps.

The Good Manco

03-14-2012

I love playing AD carries. I am fairly successful with them but I noticed the one sure-fire way to shut me down is when I face a competent bruiser who dives. When I am dived by one I try to kite them away but that results in my team having no dps and losing. What is the best option in this case? I suspect I should just take the hits and do what dps to their carries I can before I go down.

ExecutionerKen

03-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meazy View Post
I really enjoy playing Shen and feel I do it fairly well. I normally start health crystal -> HoG and boots. Then my next time back what I buy is where sometimes I differentiate. If I am solo top and I have enough $ I may get the sword that slows (forget name and I'm at work) and gives health. I don't upgrade it until very late in the game. Other times I'll go straight to building warmogs or an aegis. I play him as a tank but sometimes feel that I can "get away with" buying that sword item (around 1.4k combined cost) if I rake in enough gold early, and then build straight tank, ie warmogs, aegis, randuins, etc. Is that a good move? I find the slow very effective for Shen when I am front line and really helps with additional light cc once taunt is over.

A couple other questions...... I have heard of people buying the item that releases "chain lightning" every 4th hit and has health + attk spd built in (again forget name). I realize the perks of AS on Shen but I never feel like there is a good time to buy that and feel like the $ is better spent on anything else. Is that item really viable on Shen?

Last question, is Shen better served as solo top or bottom? I never play him or build him as "support", but I find that he does allow your ad to farm effectively bottom. I just like him top as the other guys rarely are able to gank me bc of his great escapability with taunt. Sorry for the novel - I'll hang up and listen. Thanks!
You were probably talking about the sword that is in the hextech gunblade build, which calls something like bridgewater (I don't remember, like no one build it first except jax lol) That is probably not needed, as Shen doesn't need the slow, if you need the slow, a Rylai will work much better to make his Vapor blade slowing the enemy all the time

Often I find Warmog Shen to be too slow, as it takes huge amount of time to get you to farm up, I believe that Frozen Mallet is much better unless you are fed, but hey, if you are fed and can finish Warmog quick, then do it, the bonus health works on Shen really well, and sticking in an Atma after that will allow you to do heavy damage with your melee attack

Aegis is always a good choice.

Shen should be played as solo top, mainly because Shen scales well with level and farm. A well farmed Shen can tank decently and do damage, and when he is level 6 he can assist different lanes with his ultimate, making him a really strong champion to assist the team

Support Shen also works, but the fact is that you lack the money to buy things as you need to give up minions to the AD carry, in other words, you want to make bottom a kill lane if Shen is playing as support, his taunt and damage output is good for forming bottom lane kill comp, and can usually dominate bottom lane.

***Edit: Wit's end is much better if you want attack speed.

ExecutionerKen

03-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonards View Post
What's your opinion on Haunting Guise?
Strong mid game item, worthless late game item

My personally opinion will be never get Haunting Guise if the enemy have anything more than a Negathron Cloak, you are better off building AP compare to buying HG, yet during mid game a sorc's boot is usually more than enough magic pen for most AP carry.

In another words, it sucks in most situations.