Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DMPuffy

03-12-2012

Quote:
xM4TTx:
hey, I play nunu a lot and was wondering if someone could give me a good updated jungle build for him. I have been playing him a lot in the jungle and am just not sure I am building items correctly. What are the "best"/most viable in competetive play items for nunu? thanks =)

http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=6

ExecutionerK

03-12-2012

Quote:
Stonards:
http://solomid.net/guides.php?g=6

Looks legit to me, although I will not use armor pen mark and quints.

But that is only personal opinion.

BÆM

03-13-2012

Not sure if this is the right thread... But a big reason i don't like tf is his pick a card. Waiting for his cards to cycle through. is there a) some strategy to playing tf and not having to watch when the correct color comes up? and b) think riot would ever change it to a sort of "tap" system? 1 tap for yellow, 2 for red, 3 for blue?

another question. When playing support/carry bot, usually the support buys gp5 right? why would it not be a good idea for the support to get the last hits on minions for the first 5 min so she can get to her gp5 items and then sit back for the rest of the game. I realize you want the carry to have as much as possible, but it just seems the support (at least when i play) gets gimped sooo much from walking around buying wards and that's it.

Rèvi

03-13-2012

What are your thoughts on using gp10 runes/masteries/items on non-support characters?

ExecutionerK

03-13-2012

Quote:
Omniv:
Not sure if this is the right thread... But a big reason i don't like tf is his pick a card. Waiting for his cards to cycle through. is there a) some strategy to playing tf and not having to watch when the correct color comes up? and b) think riot would ever change it to a sort of "tap" system? 1 tap for yellow, 2 for red, 3 for blue?

another question. When playing support/carry bot, usually the support buys gp5 right? why would it not be a good idea for the support to get the last hits on minions for the first 5 min so she can get to her gp5 items and then sit back for the rest of the game. I realize you want the carry to have as much as possible, but it just seems the support (at least when i play) gets gimped sooo much from walking around buying wards and that's it.

TF's pick a card is fine the way it is, the reason it is really hard to pick and position while dodging enemy skill shot is why there are so few good TF player exists, I actually think TF is one of the most difficult AP mid that is currently available, and the reason why he can have huge impact on all lanes if played correctly.

It is actually legit for support to pick up few minions for the first gp10 item, but remember to talk with your carry first. Personally I usually start the game off by telling my AD carry that I will pick up the minion that he will obviously miss, and most people are fine as long as you told them

Also, when the minions are under the turret, don't worry about stealing cs much more, it is about getting the cs versus losing the cs, I am sure that it is better to have the gold than losing all of the gold

(That is what I am seeing at 1800, lower elo will probably rage at you, just be sure to talk with the players)

ExecutionerK

03-13-2012

Quote:
Rèvi:
What are your thoughts on using gp10 runes/masteries/items on non-support characters?

Possible, but not on AP mid and Solo top, these two roles generally are heavily impacted by runes and masteries, and they will need them to win the lanes.

FaerellG

03-13-2012

Speaking of GP10 items, what do you think about using them in a double-bruiser lane?
Would it be wise to have each bruiser get one? Most of them could make use of a philo stone or HoG.

ExecutionerK

03-13-2012

Quote:
FaerellG:
Speaking of GP10 items, what do you think about using them in a double-bruiser lane?
Would it be wise to have each bruiser get one? Most of them could make use of a philo stone or HoG.

Only one gp10 at most, for two gp10 item will delay other builds too much, while one gp10 item (such as philo stone) can benefit them a lot on early laning.

ExecutionerK

03-13-2012

bump

Kaicha

03-13-2012

When porting back for the 2nd time in the game with Boots + Dorans Ring, 850 gold, a ward and 2 health potions (assuming you are playing standard AP mid, say Ahri or Casseopia) do you

A) Sell your potions and ward to get 2 more Dorans Ring
B) Buy Sorceror's Shoes and a couple more potions/wards
C) Sell a potion and buy Mana Crystal + Health Crystal
D) Sell a potion and buy 2 Amplifying Tomes