Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonards View Post
Who would you say has more burst damage early game without being up against a wall, Vayne or Tristana?
Tristana, if you level up your rocket jump first, it does a lot of damage and slow the enemy.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BendyBread

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
Lux's constant dps is okay, but the fact that she lack burst and a good AoE CC skills make her kinda bad after mid game.

Due to the skillset of Lux, she is much better off as a ap carry in premade, in pub game, ap carries like cass, annie, swain, kennen, anivia, and brand all do much better due to the fact that your team can see all of the damage or crowd control you are putting on the enemy,
How do you carry with Swain? I've played him about 10-15 games and I really do love him. As a top he's not too bad, and in mid he's pretty good if you can hit nevermore (which I can, thank god).

The problem is, once mid-late comes around, I feel as if I do no damage, and instead I'm just tankmage swain. Is that his role, or am I just playing him incorrectly to carry?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solatoral View Post
How do you carry with Swain? I've played him about 10-15 games and I really do love him. As a top he's not too bad, and in mid he's pretty good if you can hit nevermore (which I can, thank god).

The problem is, once mid-late comes around, I feel as if I do no damage, and instead I'm just tankmage swain. Is that his role, or am I just playing him incorrectly to carry?
If you are playing Swain with Blue, not only you will do damage, you can also tank, making him one of the scariest mage if played correctly (and his team can just rampage as long as they can while he is in his ultimate form)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hiladralus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

03-11-2012

Who do you think are the most competitive champions at 1800+ ELO?

What do you think of splash damage with a Fiona?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiladralus View Post
Who do you think are the most competitive champions at 1800+ ELO?

What do you think of splash damage with a Fiona?
Most competitive? Probably Cass, either banned or taken every single game, due to her ability to cc the whole team, good DPS, and works with all team comp.

You are thinking about tiamat Fiona? It does work if you take 1 or 2, not much more than that as you want other items though.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FaerellG

Senior Member

03-11-2012

I posted this in another thread, but what do you think of Kayle as a support?

I know she's kind of weak as a support, but if you get to late game, she becomes like a second carry. Do you think this strategy could work?

The idea is that Kayle packs Gold per 10 masteries and items and gives all the farm to the AD carry in bot. But whenever someone isn't present, Kayle goes and farms a bunch. Between Gold per 10 and occasional farm (especially once you hit mid game, you have more opportunities to farm), you can get pretty high damage.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Perplexities

Junior Member

03-12-2012

1) How do you know which team compositions are good and which are not? For example, in one game I played, we were dominating their team in kills, cs, towers, etc. We had more cc than them, an equal amount of carries, and about the same aoe damage. However, after mid game, they destroyed us in every team fight. It wasn't even an ambush, but a straight out fight in mid lane. I apologize for not being able to remember the team compositions, but judging from my statement, do you think it was a team composition problem? Or was it something else?

2) How big of a role do team compositions play in games?

3) How do you know what items to build, and what champions to pick to counter champion x? I know that Ryze counters Garen, and that Quicksilver Sash counters Malzahar. But I simply don't have enough knowledge to know how to counter most champions.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaerellG View Post
I posted this in another thread, but what do you think of Kayle as a support?

I know she's kind of weak as a support, but if you get to late game, she becomes like a second carry. Do you think this strategy could work?

The idea is that Kayle packs Gold per 10 masteries and items and gives all the farm to the AD carry in bot. But whenever someone isn't present, Kayle goes and farms a bunch. Between Gold per 10 and occasional farm (especially once you hit mid game, you have more opportunities to farm), you can get pretty high damage.
Rather than letting Kayle go support, I would put her up top, where she can actually farm and do damage.

Kayle's scale really well if she farms up, however, playing a support role with Kayle means she will not have much output until 30 or even 40 minutes into the game, usually by then the game have been decided and Kayle can no longer carry the team back into the game.

The other thing is that rather having support Kayle to farm at mid game, I would actually give all the farm to the range AD, they have the best output overall if they have full gears, and it never hurts them to have spare gold to buy a Guardian Angel.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perplexities View Post
1) How do you know which team compositions are good and which are not? For example, in one game I played, we were dominating their team in kills, cs, towers, etc. We had more cc than them, an equal amount of carries, and about the same aoe damage. However, after mid game, they destroyed us in every team fight. It wasn't even an ambush, but a straight out fight in mid lane. I apologize for not being able to remember the team compositions, but judging from my statement, do you think it was a team composition problem? Or was it something else?

2) How big of a role do team compositions play in games?

3) How do you know what items to build, and what champions to pick to counter champion x? I know that Ryze counters Garen, and that Quicksilver Sash counters Malzahar. But I simply don't have enough knowledge to know how to counter most champions.
1. I really need the team compositions to answer this, but in general if your team have more cc and equal amount of carries, then the problems should be position, protection, and focus.

2. Huge part of it, there are some champions that work really well with each other, example will be Galio + Nunu, Maokai for heavy AoE damage comp, Wukong for diving enemy carries while another strong DPS (Cass, Ryze) can maintain their constant output with some crowd control effects.

Basic rules for team comp is that you must have at least 3 of the following.
1. Crowd control to protect/ stop the enemy from killing your carries.
2. Good range, not a whole team of melee, nor a whole team of range
3. Sustain, being able to lifesteal and spell vamp is fine, but not at the cost of using all of your mana
4. Balance between early game and late game power
(Full early game champions team either win hard or lose hard, same with late game team)
5. Good distribution of gold. You won't want the late game carry Vayne to have less gold than the jungler, usually.

3. Think about the skillset of the enemy champion and yours, for example, if they enemy have heavy CC, then you should probably buy a banshee or Qss, if the enemy have great dps, then you might want some lifesteal or spell vamp to sustain in a fight. It all comes down to the knowledge and team comp that decides what you want to buy.

Of course, there are still some core item, such as Rabadon deathcap on most AP carry, (Ryze should build mana, not AP, of course) and maybe a WoTA if they can spell vamp well. Supports should always have philo stone and HoG, then Aegis, Shurelya. Most junglers also want Wriggle as a core to speed up doing buff and dragon (Fiddle, Maokai as exception)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xM4TTx

Member

03-12-2012

hey, I play nunu a lot and was wondering if someone could give me a good updated jungle build for him. I have been playing him a lot in the jungle and am just not sure I am building items correctly. What are the "best"/most viable in competetive play items for nunu? thanks =)