Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garaze View Post
Due to my LoLReplay not working, is it possible if you could play a game with me? Normal, ranked doesn't really matter, I just want to see if you can help me
I will play with you later, you can try to add me first, I am current in a game.

Richard Lazer

03-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
Two standard rune set is recommended to have before buying new champions

AD, AP.

my runes (since I main jungle or support) is
Reds: 6 attack speed an 3 armorpen
Yellows: flat armor
Blues: Mr perlevel or flat CDR i don't know witch
Quints: Armorpen

Reds: Magicpen
Yellows: Flat armor
Blues: 5 flat and 4 per level ap
Qunits: Gp10

are these good since the top one fills ad junglers like noct ww lee sin and floria it can also be a ad set and the bottom one is ap jungler like amumu and singed bot also works with support or ap mid

edit i like these since no one likes support or jungle and i can fill other roles if there is a free champ i like

Richard Lazer

03-09-2012

can i get in a normal game with you some time i want to see how good players actualy play

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Lazer View Post
can i get in a normal game with you some time i want to see how good players actualy play
Add me first, I will play a game later in tonight with you, need a short break to get things done first

Richard Lazer

03-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
Add me first, I will play a game later in tonight with you, need a short break to get things done first
nope not tonight i will add you if i get a chace but school come first so i don;t know when i will be on and alble to play

MÓri

03-10-2012

Ken <3

KentukyWaterfall

03-10-2012

I have been playing Jarvan in the jungle recently with mixed results (about even wins and losses). I really like his kit and ganking potential, but something just doesn't feel right.

I start Wolves > Blue > Wraiths and then gank mid. Generally I can get the mid to blow flash. Then I Red > Wraiths/Golems (depending on if I am going to gank mid again or gank top/bot). I get one point in each skill by level 3 to maximize my CC, though I'm always level two when I gank mid.

I find that I rarely secure any kills in my first jungle run which usually has two gank attempts unless the lanes are pushed, Is there a way to improve my kill potential?

Also, since I rarely get a gank kill on my first run through, should I build HoG or Philo Stone? Thanks.

IcupRainbowz

03-10-2012

Climbing Elo?

Well in season 1 i did pretty bad and didn't even finish the placements matches. Starting season two i was in a ranked team that competed in go4lol every weekend and i was the support player so i was meh, lets play support in ranked which didn't work out for me for mostly 2 reasons: 1) I wasn't the best support, i would start forgetting wards later in to the game. 2) Some people are to bad to be supported.
About a month and a half ago i noticed that i had greatly improved in gameplay so i hit the ranked ladder with a friend and easily climbed from 800 to 1130. Now my duo qeue friend is inactive so i wanted to ask: If i truely got better should i not fear solo qeue and go in solo or should i just get another duo friend at my elo?

ps: could i also know that what in your opinion are the best solo top and ap caries to pick when your first pick and would be mostlikely alot harder to counter. (can't normally wait and trade with someone cause some random guy will just grab the role im playing and not be able to carry)

ExecutionerK

03-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentukyWaterfall View Post
I have been playing Jarvan in the jungle recently with mixed results (about even wins and losses). I really like his kit and ganking potential, but something just doesn't feel right.

I start Wolves > Blue > Wraiths and then gank mid. Generally I can get the mid to blow flash. Then I Red > Wraiths/Golems (depending on if I am going to gank mid again or gank top/bot). I get one point in each skill by level 3 to maximize my CC, though I'm always level two when I gank mid.

I find that I rarely secure any kills in my first jungle run which usually has two gank attempts unless the lanes are pushed, Is there a way to improve my kill potential?

Also, since I rarely get a gank kill on my first run through, should I build HoG or Philo Stone? Thanks.
For Jarvan jungle, I recommend you to try to gank right after blue buff, before you finish your wraith, this is due to the experience that the enemy mid can get.

Assuming both mid is level 1, when a Jarvan goes in at level 2, you guys have much more chances to blow the enemy flash compare to all 3 are level 2, and if you ap mid actually have a decent cc (like Ryze's snare, Sion's stun) then you should have no problem killing the enemy

I recommend only taking HoG or Philo, two gp10 items are usually too much and delay your items on a jungler, standard recommendation will be getting wriggle and HoG, giving you enough damage and armor with lifesteal to sustain in jungle, and having some bonus HP and gp10 when you are ganking.

ExecutionerK

03-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcupRainbowz View Post
Climbing Elo?

Well in season 1 i did pretty bad and didn't even finish the placements matches. Starting season two i was in a ranked team that competed in go4lol every weekend and i was the support player so i was meh, lets play support in ranked which didn't work out for me for mostly 2 reasons: 1) I wasn't the best support, i would start forgetting wards later in to the game. 2) Some people are to bad to be supported.
About a month and a half ago i noticed that i had greatly improved in gameplay so i hit the ranked ladder with a friend and easily climbed from 800 to 1130. Now my duo qeue friend is inactive so i wanted to ask: If i truely got better should i not fear solo qeue and go in solo or should i just get another duo friend at my elo?

ps: could i also know that what in your opinion are the best solo top and ap caries to pick when your first pick and would be mostlikely alot harder to counter. (can't normally wait and trade with someone cause some random guy will just grab the role im playing and not be able to carry)
Supports must remember all the times on wards, buffs, baron and dragon timer, as well as counter warding.

In my personal opinion, support decides the fate of the bottom lane just as much as the AD carry, sometimes even more than the AD carry if you are playing characters with a lot of CC (Leona, Alistar etc.) however, there is one main problem with supports below 1400s, is that no one get what you are doing, and most AD carries or junglers will not be good enough for you to actually worth supporting, making support role a really bad choice at those ELO

Rather than doing support, I think you should try to create a kill lane bottom, a guy that doesn't need much farm but does good damage and crowd control like blitzcrank might need a lot of skills to play with, but also a legit support that your team will not rage.

Best solo top are AD Nidalee and Rumble in my opinion, both of them are really hard to counterpick (Basically close to no counter pick), as for AP mid, Cassiopedia is a really good choice, I also found Galio to be a solid one to destroy enemy mid.