Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cherejin

Member

03-08-2012

Sooo. . .I've been playing Sona A LOT (summoner level 17) and I've been trying out this guide with mixed success: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/sona-epic-dmg-epic-heals-2-16-12-19367

What do you think of it? Is the full support Sona dead after nerfs as the AP guide suggests?

I think I prefer the more defensive support style. . .feel more useful that way.

Also for playing that defensive support type, would you say sona or soraka is better?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Richard Lazer

Member

03-08-2012

Quote:
Subberz:
Any tips for 2 v 1ing? it seems to be the new meta in normals *sigh*

Also i was talking about 2 kill lanes top and bot, like Leona Cait top Natalus graves bot etc. Top lane is going to be useless for the team so its 5 v 4 basicly i guess jungler could get out of control but clearing their jungle opposed to taking a turret doesn't seem like an even trade to me

P.S Thanks for all the help i' really appreciate it


its not the meta its just lower level players and people who play blind pick don't think about team comp as much and you need runes and some masteries to jungle also i have won 1v2 top its not impossible you just have to play safe so you can level faster so once they push you to two you can ult them forcing one peron to go b then harass the other so they always have one person in lane at a time due to them haveing to b alot


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerK

Senior Member

03-08-2012

Quote:
Cherejin:
Sooo. . .I've been playing Sona A LOT (summoner level 17) and I've been trying out this guide with mixed success: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/sona-epic-dmg-epic-heals-2-16-12-19367

What do you think of it? Is the full support Sona dead after nerfs as the AP guide suggests?

I think I prefer the more defensive support style. . .feel more useful that way.

Also for playing that defensive support type, would you say sona or soraka is better?


Sona is an aggressive support, her damage output is usually higher than the ranged AD at early level.

The guide that you are following is really bad, two things that I must mention is about sona's autoattack and contribution in team fight.

First of all, Sona's power chord does high amount of damage At early level, what this mean is that if you try to stick in a lich bane before you have any AP to back it up, you won't be doing much as
1. you don't have ap
2. you don't have a good autoattack range
3. you not making good use of your money

I suggest you to look over this guide http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=10138

Finally, if you prefer defensive style support, Soraka or Janna will be much better for you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cherejin

Member

03-08-2012

Quote:
ExecutionerKen:
Sona is an aggressive support, her damage output is usually higher than the ranged AD at early level.

The guide that you are following is really bad, two things that I must mention is about sona's autoattack and contribution in team fight.

First of all, Sona's power chord does high amount of damage At early level, what this mean is that if you try to stick in a lich bane before you have any AP to back it up, you won't be doing much as
1. you don't have ap
2. you don't have a good autoattack range
3. you not making good use of your money

I suggest you to look over this guide http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=10138

Finally, if you prefer defensive style support, Soraka or Janna will be much better for you.


Heh heh, thanks. I guess I fell victim to the QQ that Sona was no longer viable after her nerfs.

I think I phrased it badly when I said defensive, I was thinking more that I like healing supports who don't get kills. That and your comment about Soraka being a better defensive made me realize that I just like Sona. :| I'm usually pretty good about poking early game, need to improve mid late. Then again maybe it's just time I try Soraka out again. Her hooves bother me. Agh.

Thank you very much for your help! The guide you gave is much like one I used to follow before Sona's nerfs, I will do some switching around when I get home from work.

Oh oh also, do you think exhaust or flash is better for a support?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sokolniki

Senior Member

03-08-2012

I've been trying out AP Nadilee, and something I've really grown to like is playing 9/0/21, building AP, and going bot lane with the AD with Heal and Clarity to allow the AD Carry stay in lane forever and remain fairly aggressive, using my heals to keep them sustained and my Javelin throws to harass or soften up the enemy bot lane for my Carry to get kills on. It worked best with Vayne as lane partner. I'd continue going heavy on AP and getting 40 CDR going into the late game for heals and Javelin pokes along with the true AP Carry of our team.

I also managed to do the same thing as Kayle with Graves as my lane partner, I let him get CS and score the kills while I mostly softened up the opponents, again, I had Heal and Clarity to allow my lane partner to play, and I went boots + 4 and made Nashor's my first major item since it plays well into late game Kayle play styles, while also improving her heal by a moderate amount to allow me to continue supporting my Graves partner, and then shifted into an AD build as the mid game started up and we started establishing jungle control (Effectively becoming a 2x AD Carry team late game, one well funded and the other moderately funded)

Have you heard of any high ELO teams that have done this sort of thing with any measure of success?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheMagykal

Member

03-08-2012

Anivia's Wall, how do you suggest I use it? I main Anivia, and I would say I'm decent, but her wall has always stumped me. Aside from the usual trap-you-to-the wall, or close-a-gap, what else can I use it for, say in an open space early-mid game when the wall is only level 1-2?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerK

Senior Member

03-08-2012

Quote:
Cherejin:
Heh heh, thanks. I guess I fell victim to the QQ that Sona was no longer viable after her nerfs.

I think I phrased it badly when I said defensive, I was thinking more that I like healing supports who don't get kills. That and your comment about Soraka being a better defensive made me realize that I just like Sona. :| I'm usually pretty good about poking early game, need to improve mid late. Then again maybe it's just time I try Soraka out again. Her hooves bother me. Agh.

Thank you very much for your help! The guide you gave is much like one I used to follow before Sona's nerfs, I will do some switching around when I get home from work.

Oh oh also, do you think exhaust or flash is better for a support?


It depend on your champion, Sona needs a flash because she want it to position herself for ultimate or using it as escape, while Janna with so many CC probably doesn't need it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerK

Senior Member

03-08-2012

Quote:
Sokolniki:
I've been trying out AP Nadilee, and something I've really grown to like is playing 9/0/21, building AP, and going bot lane with the AD with Heal and Clarity to allow the AD Carry stay in lane forever and remain fairly aggressive, using my heals to keep them sustained and my Javelin throws to harass or soften up the enemy bot lane for my Carry to get kills on. It worked best with Vayne as lane partner. I'd continue going heavy on AP and getting 40 CDR going into the late game for heals and Javelin pokes along with the true AP Carry of our team.

I also managed to do the same thing as Kayle with Graves as my lane partner, I let him get CS and score the kills while I mostly softened up the opponents, again, I had Heal and Clarity to allow my lane partner to play, and I went boots + 4 and made Nashor's my first major item since it plays well into late game Kayle play styles, while also improving her heal by a moderate amount to allow me to continue supporting my Graves partner, and then shifted into an AD build as the mid game started up and we started establishing jungle control (Effectively becoming a 2x AD Carry team late game, one well funded and the other moderately funded)

Have you heard of any high ELO teams that have done this sort of thing with any measure of success?


AP Nid requires farm, same thing goes with Kayle, that is why the high ELO teams are not doing it so often

In term of heal, Soraka and Alistar can easily out heal a Nidalee, in term of Attack speed buff, a Nunu support is also better than Nidalee (with movement speed buff as well) this is why the major team are not investing in these supports I believe.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerK

Senior Member

03-08-2012

Quote:
TheMagykal:
Anivia's Wall, how do you suggest I use it? I main Anivia, and I would say I'm decent, but her wall has always stumped me. Aside from the usual trap-you-to-the wall, or close-a-gap, what else can I use it for, say in an open space early-mid game when the wall is only level 1-2?


Use the map element with your wall so that it seems longer and larger.

Common example will be tight jungle space, or putting it right beside a turret, so you use the turret as part of your wall as well.

Also, you can use the wall so that it is easier to land your stun, for example, if you land a wall that is not horizontal to the enemy, they will tend to go to the side that allows them to go back first, that direction will allow you to land your Q much easier.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Garaze

Senior Member

03-09-2012

Due to my LoLReplay not working, is it possible if you could play a game with me? Normal, ranked doesn't really matter, I just want to see if you can help me