Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elikzer Dumage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2012

Hello there!

I'm new to the game, and honestly, quite bad at it. I normally play Annie and only recently started playing Veigar, and was wondering, who is a champion that I should start playing to help me get better? Or should I just keep playing the way I am now, and use the old routine of 'Practice makes Perfect'? Also, who is a good champion overall? I was thinking of buying Kennen or Xerath, but I am not sure. I kinda like to have good burst damage, but am open to trying anything new, preferably an AP carry though, or really any AP at all.

Thank you for your time,
Elikzer

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elikzer Dumage View Post
Hello there!

I'm new to the game, and honestly, quite bad at it. I normally play Annie and only recently started playing Veigar, and was wondering, who is a champion that I should start playing to help me get better? Or should I just keep playing the way I am now, and use the old routine of 'Practice makes Perfect'? Also, who is a good champion overall? I was thinking of buying Kennen or Xerath, but I am not sure. I kinda like to have good burst damage, but am open to trying anything new, preferably an AP carry though, or really any AP at all.

Thank you for your time,
Elikzer
I just went over your match history and think this will help you

1. Always buy boot
**Veigar is really slow without boot, he is also very squishy, meaning he is going to need some movement speed
2. Try to build DFG on Veigar
DFG is a common accepted "Core" (Must have) item on Veigar, it allows you to burst any enemy that doesn't stack MR in a full combo
3. Last hit!
Veigar is a character that is really weak at early game, so don't risk anything and try to keep farming! Especially with your Baleful Strike (Q) it gives you AP if you last hit with it!

Elikzer Dumage

03-07-2012

Is it sad that i had to do research to find out what DFG is?

Anyway, thanks for the support, hopefully I won't suck as much now :P

Richard Lazer

03-07-2012

should i get a new champ or finsh getting my runes

ExecutionerKen

03-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Lazer View Post
should i get a new champ or finsh getting my runes
Two standard rune set is recommended to have before buying new champions

AD, AP.

ZBuZ

03-07-2012

which champs can i play VERY aggressively as? ik theres counters and conditions and stuff but im just wondering which ones i wouldnt have to paly as passively as

CaptainScrubberz

03-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
No jungler actually work in some cases, the things with no jungler though, is that you must replace him with a champion that can either zone or kill the enemy solo lane quick, and destroy that lane before the jungler can come out to help him

This tactic was used from time to time, the disadvantage though, is that you give up the buff and jungle experience to the enemy, and the enemy jungler can easily get out of control

If the support try to hide in the river bush, the bottom lane should kill her, that is not the job of jungler, but the bottom lane itself. Sitting at the river bush is just bad positioning on the support part (think about how she will be trapped if the jungler comes from top while the bottom lane's player will trap her path back to turret.

Any tips for 2 v 1ing? it seems to be the new meta in normals *sigh*

Also i was talking about 2 kill lanes top and bot, like Leona Cait top Natalus graves bot etc. Top lane is going to be useless for the team so its 5 v 4 basicly i guess jungler could get out of control but clearing their jungle opposed to taking a turret doesn't seem like an even trade to me

P.S Thanks for all the help i' really appreciate it

ExecutionerKen

03-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMaria View Post
which champs can i play VERY aggressively as? ik theres counters and conditions and stuff but im just wondering which ones i wouldnt have to paly as passively as
Nasus, Veigar, Gragas, Kassadin, Kog, Vayne

These champions are all requires to level up or farm up to become a real threat, don't leave these guys alone at all cost.

BendyBread

03-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
Nasus, Veigar, Gragas, Kassadin, Kog, Vayne

These champions are all requires to level up or farm up to become a real threat, don't leave these guys alone at all cost.
May I add Cassiopeia? know she can farm perfectly safely and stuff. But an aggressive Cass can outpush mid if she's good, and even get kills. If she harasses them low enough or gets a kill, she can easily gank other lanes.

ExecutionerKen

03-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solatoral View Post
May I add Cassiopeia? know she can farm perfectly safely and stuff. But an aggressive Cass can outpush mid if she's good, and even get kills. If she harasses them low enough or gets a kill, she can easily gank other lanes.
Cass is more like in between, her skill set allows her to dominate at any game phrase, meaning she is not completely one sided like Veigar or Vayne.