Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

til Days of Blue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbabies View Post
I'd like some tips on jungling. I mainly play support, which i'm pretty good at, and I also mid occasionally.
BUT, I know that you can't always play the same thing over and over while working with a team. Especially if someone else takes support and mid. I've noticed lately one thing a lot of people don't wanna go jungling, and i've observed friends play junglers so it looks kinda fun.

Who is a good jungler to start out with?
Who are the overall easy junglers?
and any tips that could be provided on these junglers or others is all helpful.

Thanks c:
Good jungler to start out with: Rammus, Warwick, Shyvana
Overall easy jungler: Rammus, Warwick, Udyr, Shyvana, and maybe Skarner

There are two general path that most junglers use,
wolves -> blue -> wraith -> golem -> red,
or wraith -> red -> ganks

For example, junglers like Rammus or Skarner usually want to start with wolves -> blue path, because they need mana to jungle faster, while junglers such as warwick, udyr, Shyvana, and Lee Sin have the opinion to start from wraith -> Red because they don't need blue buff and red buff allow them to gank earlier.

CaptainScrubberz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2012

So Why doesn't no jungler work? replace the jungle with a kill lane top and the top laner can't do much against it even if he hugs tower. Jungle ganks are pretty useless to since the support would hide in the river bush

til Days of Blue

03-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subberz View Post
So Why doesn't no jungler work? replace the jungle with a kill lane top and the top laner can't do much against it even if he hugs tower. Jungle ganks are pretty useless to since the support would hide in the river bush
No jungler actually work in some cases, the things with no jungler though, is that you must replace him with a champion that can either zone or kill the enemy solo lane quick, and destroy that lane before the jungler can come out to help him

This tactic was used from time to time, the disadvantage though, is that you give up the buff and jungle experience to the enemy, and the enemy jungler can easily get out of control

If the support try to hide in the river bush, the bottom lane should kill her, that is not the job of jungler, but the bottom lane itself. Sitting at the river bush is just bad positioning on the support part (think about how she will be trapped if the jungler comes from top while the bottom lane's player will trap her path back to turret.

ikillutwice

03-07-2012

is it better in solo queue to pick what the team needs or to claim a role and hope the rest of the team will fit to you?

ikillutwice

03-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
No jungler actually work in some cases, the things with no jungler though, is that you must replace him with a champion that can either zone or kill the enemy solo lane quick, and destroy that lane before the jungler can come out to help him

This tactic was used from time to time, the disadvantage though, is that you give up the buff and jungle experience to the enemy, and the enemy jungler can easily get out of control

If the support try to hide in the river bush, the bottom lane should kill her, that is not the job of jungler, but the bottom lane itself. Sitting at the river bush is just bad positioning on the support part (think about how she will be trapped if the jungler comes from top while the bottom lane's player will trap her path back to turret.
what if you send a kill lane and use a roamer that way the jungler doesn't get out of control
Like perhaps- Alistar, Xin, Ken

til Days of Blue

03-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikillutwice View Post
is it better in solo queue to pick what the team needs or to claim a role and hope the rest of the team will fit to you?
In solo queue, it is best to call out the role that you want or best at, then try to fit into the team

If you call out what you wanted first, your teammates have an understanding of what you want, and you have a higher chance to get it.

til Days of Blue

03-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikillutwice View Post
what if you send a kill lane and use a roamer that way the jungler doesn't get out of control
Like perhaps- Alistar, Xin, Ken
Roamer was actually quite common back in the days when EU isn't as popular, Alistar is a good roamer, but probably not Kennen, Xin is kinda in between the two.

However, you also need to have some understanding of the enemy jungler, for example, if the enemy have a shyvana, chances is that they can ignore a low damage roamer like alistar the whole time they are taking your buff and jungle creeps.

Kara Zetki

03-07-2012

Hi I have two questions,

1. What do you think of Veigar, I have a few friends who play him and say he is very scary when played correctly I was wondering if he is worth the time investment to learn particularly at my elo (1100)

2. During those big streamed LoL tournaments like today and yesterday for example, my duo partner thinks after those streams is the best time to do ranked because people will try to copy the pros and fail hard (which from winning 5 matches easily in a row I'm thinking its abit true) do you find this to be somewhat true or no?

til Days of Blue

03-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Zetki View Post
Hi I have two questions,

1. What do you think of Veigar, I have a few friends who play him and say he is very scary when played correctly I was wondering if he is worth the time investment to learn particularly at my elo (1100)

2. During those big streamed LoL tournaments like today and yesterday for example, my duo partner thinks after those streams is the best time to do ranked because people will try to copy the pros and fail hard (which from winning 5 matches easily in a row I'm thinking its abit true) do you find this to be somewhat true or no?
1. Veigar is indeed very scary when he is in the right hand, he is definitely worth the time to be invest in at any ELO range
**Last time when I was playing tournament match against Crs Crumbzz, the top 10 players of NA server, he banned my Veigar after one game that I got him, this is mostly because of his stun and amazing burst that can take down any AP or AD carry in a full combo.

2. That just depends on the enemies lol, I rarely pay attention to those streams and only look at them when there are something special about them, for the main differences between their gameplays and mine is team work, and more time is needed to practice on basic skill.
Just stick to the stuff that you had work for all the time, last hit, map control, and you should have no problem winning most of the games.

Kara Zetki

03-07-2012

Thanks for letting me know about Veigar he is strange but I'm definitely going to learn him. Hmm that is impressive.

Haha well I guess I'm abit of a lucky charm for ranked then. I dont have an issue with last hitting or map control I always buy wards and ward certain areas I know the enemy will likely be or pass and when I jungle I counter jungle pretty hard, and I generally out farm everyone in the entire match. It's usually teamwork that throws game because there are so many trolls or brain dead people in ranked -_- but thanks again