Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Richard Lazer

03-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillieStyle View Post
I have tried Cait and I die like mad. she is too squishy for me. I tried TF on a free week and hated him. Trying to figure out which card to use was annoying. I just want to know what I'm doing wrong with annie.
TF takes time to learn but if you get the hang of him is is good but trying jungling if you can last hit good or go in to a 1v1 match with a friend and learn ow to cs with your chasen champ

killerb0y

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillieStyle View Post
I have tried Cait and I die like mad. she is too squishy for me. I tried TF on a free week and hated him. Trying to figure out which card to use was annoying. I just want to know what I'm doing wrong with annie.
It sounds like you're spamming your spells to get last hits; while on Annie, that's actually not a problem (since your Q refunds mana if you get a kill), try to learn to last hit with auto-attacks. It will be harder, but just take some time to practice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Lazer View Post
I am looking for an unconventional or a nonblue reliant junlger

PS i hate lee sin, and i don;t want a 6300 ip champ if possible

PPS i have been thinking about trundle is he good?
Trundle is a good jungle, though I actually find that he needs blue more than WW. You can try Udyr; he's blue reliant for the first run through the jungle, but after that you'll be fine.

Richard Lazer

03-04-2012

I will try my ww again buy give my seconed blue a way and see if i can solo dargon if that works then i will get noct or some other jungle

DMPuffy

03-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Lazer View Post
TF takes time to learn but if you get the hang of him is is good but trying jungling if you can last hit good or go in to a 1v1 match with a friend and learn ow to cs with your chasen champ
What?

lastchancexi

03-04-2012

I'm starting to love jungle shyvana. She never needs blue, never needs to leave the jungle after getting wriggles, and does great damage. If only her ganks were a little better.

til Days of Blue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastchancexi View Post
I'm starting to love jungle shyvana. She never needs blue, never needs to leave the jungle after getting wriggles, and does great damage. If only her ganks were a little better.
her cc is bad, but her damage and counter jungle is REALLY GOOD

Rectal Necrosis

03-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
That is the "easy" way to win, which doesn't work on higher level of game play. Pretty much every single high ELO players know how to form a team that is balance in damage and crowd-control with the ability to tank.

Also, there is no "over-powered" champion or team, however, there are champions that can counter a lot of other champions, making them seem to be "OP" but they are not (Example such as Kassadin against all AP mage, but he can get shut down by ranged DPS)
I feel like unless I have a badge I'm going to get talked down to here.

And believe me, I've see the "high elo" comp. "Ok guys, ranged DPS and support go bot lane, jungle udyr/trundle/lee/yorick/etc, put rumble solo top, and let the mage run mid". I just feel like the tankiest teams win. This is why all I ever see anymore is the atmogs build.

"Heh... look at that... a corki with a warmogs and an atmas next to a corki and an atmas".

Ye can'nae deny the fact that the tankier ye are in a team-fight, the longer ye live. It's basic math.

My issue is simply this: In yer oh so high and mighty 1800s area, is the same low-blowing cheap **** I see here in the 1400s still around? If I have to lane against another soraka graves combo, I may literally put a crystal arrow to me chin and fire.

d3rpinat0r

03-04-2012

To start off, I'm a beginner, but this situation came up in a recent pub game, and I wasn't sure what to do. I was playing Amumu (sole tank for team) and was at level 8, it's mid/early-game and nothing was going on at the time. Top and bot towers were still above half health. My teammates were either jungling or farming at mid/bot tower. I decide to go top tower since I saw minion wave creeping into our tower. Janna on enemy team meets me up at top tower short time later. All of a sudden bot tower is 4v4 and enemy team is pushing and winning team fight. Should I have left my lane to help bot? I had teleport and ult off cooldown so it could've made a difference, but there was a good chance we'd lose top tower.

til Days of Blue

03-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rectal Necrosis View Post
I feel like unless I have a badge I'm going to get talked down to here.

And believe me, I've see the "high elo" comp. "Ok guys, ranged DPS and support go bot lane, jungle udyr/trundle/lee/yorick/etc, put rumble solo top, and let the mage run mid". I just feel like the tankiest teams win. This is why all I ever see anymore is the atmogs build.

"Heh... look at that... a corki with a warmogs and an atmas next to a corki and an atmas".

Ye can'nae deny the fact that the tankier ye are in a team-fight, the longer ye live. It's basic math.

My issue is simply this: In yer oh so high and mighty 1800s area, is the same low-blowing cheap **** I see here in the 1400s still around? If I have to lane against another soraka graves combo, I may literally put a crystal arrow to me chin and fire.
The longer you live in a fight doesn't necessary mean you will be the victor.

1. The money that you spend in tanking can be used on buying damage, your example with atmorg corki and atma corki cannot be used to prove as atma corki is at least 3000 cash behind on the enemy, if he has a bloodthirster, it is most likely that he will win because he lifesteals while atmorg corki doesn't have lifesteal.

The reason for people to build tanky is because dead people doesn't do damage. In my ELO, all of the ranged AD are basically building pure glass cannon, and relying the team to protect them. They will not build any thing like banshee or Qss unless it is really needed (example, Veigar on enemy team). Tanky team allows you to make mistake, but it doesn't outplay a team that builds damage if they are both equal on gold.

Edit: Graves + Soraka combo? Put a MF and Janna/ Sona/ Alistar, that is enough to shut them down.

til Days of Blue

03-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3rpinat0r View Post
To start off, I'm a beginner, but this situation came up in a recent pub game, and I wasn't sure what to do. I was playing Amumu (sole tank for team) and was at level 8, it's mid/early-game and nothing was going on at the time. Top and bot towers were still above half health. My teammates were either jungling or farming at mid/bot tower. I decide to go top tower since I saw minion wave creeping into our tower. Janna on enemy team meets me up at top tower short time later. All of a sudden bot tower is 4v4 and enemy team is pushing and winning team fight. Should I have left my lane to help bot? I had teleport and ult off cooldown so it could've made a difference, but there was a good chance we'd lose top tower.
Ask yourself few questions

1. Will it be worthwhile for you to teleport down there? (Yes --> go to Q2, No --> Q3)
2. Will you make a differences and turn that fight at least to a positive trade? If it is yes, DO IT, if it is no, Q4)
3. Are they going to lose even if you help? (Obvious answer here, Yes -> don't worry, No -> Consider helping)
4. Will the trade establish you more advantage? (Example: take another turret and dragon) Yes -> go teleport down there, No -> don't worry about it.