Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

til Days of Blue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subberz View Post
What kind of runes do you run for AP? I've been hearing Magic pen / movement speed is better than flat AP runes that most people use. Thoughts on this?
There are 3 major different AP rune set

1. Magic pen mark, AP/lvl seal, AP/lvl Glyph, Quints of choice
Pro: More AP late game
Con: Doesn't have MR or Armor, meaning they will lose trades early on. (And also no mana regen)

2. Magic pen mark, Mana regen seal, Flat MR Glyph, Quints of choice
Pro: Flat MR Glyph is needed for early game champion, such as Cassiopedia or LB, so that you don't get force out of the lane before level 6
Con: Much less power than any other set

3. Magic pen mark, Armor/mana regen seal (a mix of two), 2 Magic pen Glyph, 7 flat AP Glyph, Quints of choice
Pro: Push yourself to get 30 magic pen with soc boot, making your spell to do close to true damage if the enemy doesn't go with flat MR glyph
Con: Don't get burst down.

til Days of Blue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Lazer View Post
why do solo top laner get wriggle's is that a jungle item?
It offers amazing sustain and a ward that is both needed for most top bruisers.

FaerellG

03-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post

Con: Doesn't have MR or Armor, meaning they will lose trades early on. (And also no mana regen)

Pro: Flat MR Glyph is needed for early game champion, such as Cassiopedia or LB, so that you don't get force out of the lane before level 6

3. Magic pen mark, Armor/mana regen seal (a mix of two), 2 Magic pen Glyph, 7 flat AP Glyph, Quints of choice
Pro: Push yourself to get 30 magic pen with soc boot, making your spell to do close to true damage if the enemy doesn't go with flat MR glyph
So I noticed that you don't pack CDR in any of your AP rune-sets. Do you just build CDR entirely in your items?
What do you think of CDR runes in general?

Enraged Pickle

03-04-2012

I always have problems with playing a ranged champion that needs to farm because when I try to get CS or something, I misclick and end up running to where I click. >_< So I aim to play either bruisers or someone I can do well with 0 CS during laning phase (if at bot).

When I play a bruiser, I can usually go solo top or jungle. But when I jungle, I seem to fail with the timing of ganks. For example, I see a lane over extend, so I rush up. But by the time I get there, it was pushed back such that, to my estimation, if I go gank, it'll fail. So I give up and go back jungling. Or sometimes, when I go and counter a gank, the enemy leaves, so I leave too. I see them back elsewhere, so I go on jungling. Then they basically just run back and gank again now that I'm gone.

I guess I can try standing around longer, but is that really the best way? If you just stand and idle waiting to counter gank or gank that might not occur, aren't you just losing experience and gold?

As for solo top, I seem to have some difficulties at times. For example, Nasus against a ranged. You said Nasus is a good solo top. But if he is laning against a ranged, say Nidalee for example, you have no gap closer, you have no real ranged skill, so you have to run up to her and smack her? She also have a lot of poking capabilities. A pre-6 gank is alright usually, but at the same time, Nasus would have difficulties getting cs. At least, I was having trouble. Like you said in another comment, those little pokes adds up.

Ugh, so confused.

CaptainScrubberz

03-04-2012

Quote:

I was asking for what type of quints sorry for not being specific forgot to type that in

til Days of Blue

03-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaerellG View Post
So I noticed that you don't pack CDR in any of your AP rune-sets. Do you just build CDR entirely in your items?
What do you think of CDR runes in general?
CDR is usually not a high priority in AP rune set, there are some champions who scale well with CDR (such as Veigar or Lux) but in most builds people use their items to build CDR (Example such as Ryze who builds CDR purely on masteries and items)

CDR runes are not bad, it just that you want to pack a bigger punch sometime, rather than a light and rapid punch.

til Days of Blue

03-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enraged Pickle View Post
I always have problems with playing a ranged champion that needs to farm because when I try to get CS or something, I misclick and end up running to where I click. >_< So I aim to play either bruisers or someone I can do well with 0 CS during laning phase (if at bot).

When I play a bruiser, I can usually go solo top or jungle. But when I jungle, I seem to fail with the timing of ganks. For example, I see a lane over extend, so I rush up. But by the time I get there, it was pushed back such that, to my estimation, if I go gank, it'll fail. So I give up and go back jungling. Or sometimes, when I go and counter a gank, the enemy leaves, so I leave too. I see them back elsewhere, so I go on jungling. Then they basically just run back and gank again now that I'm gone.

I guess I can try standing around longer, but is that really the best way? If you just stand and idle waiting to counter gank or gank that might not occur, aren't you just losing experience and gold?

As for solo top, I seem to have some difficulties at times. For example, Nasus against a ranged. You said Nasus is a good solo top. But if he is laning against a ranged, say Nidalee for example, you have no gap closer, you have no real ranged skill, so you have to run up to her and smack her? She also have a lot of poking capabilities. A pre-6 gank is alright usually, but at the same time, Nasus would have difficulties getting cs. At least, I was having trouble. Like you said in another comment, those little pokes adds up.

Ugh, so confused.
It seems to me that you have couples of problems

First of all, the last hit part with your champion.

If you cannot last hit with a ranged champion, something is really wrong, you might want to practice your skills in a custom game alone, at that is the basic core of all skills.

Secondly, Nasus top is situational, although if he can farm up his Q, he is god tier, but there are many solo top that can shut him down, Rumble, Nid, Kennen, Yorick....etc. So don't pick him unless the enemy solo top isn't a direct counter to you.

Thirdly, about the timing for gank

Every single time before you gank, try to counts the caster minion for you and the enemy, if the enemy have more caster minions, the lane will usually keep pushing, which means you can gank, otherwise, the lanes will push toward the enemy, making it more difficult to gank.

til Days of Blue

03-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subberz View Post
I was asking for what type of quints sorry for not being specific forgot to type that in
For quints, usually it is between HP quints, Movement quints, and AP quints

HP quints are use if the enemy have high burst, movement for dodging skill shots, AP for more power

Magic pen quints are usually not needed, but I had heard of people running it on Brand due to his ablaze passive does benefit from magic pen.

Sqeed Hunter

03-04-2012

Quote:
I haven't seen much high ELO players playing with Fiora yet, mainly because she lacks CC.

Usual build that I had seen and had success with is Wriggle, boot, Wit's end, Phage, Atma, Frozen mallet. Her ult proc on-hit effect, making these items really good to make up with her lack of CC.

Fiora is a 1v1 duelist, her passive allow her to regen health after and during a fight, make sure you trade hits with the enemy then let the passive regen back, and force another fight again, you should have no problem denying the enemy xp and gold.
Thanks for the quick reply, going to give that build a shot and see how I go. Is there any other champs that play similar to her but with cc in their kit? Ones that are maybe used in higher ELO games? (I hope to play ranked and get good some day... eventually)

Thanks again,

Sqeed

Richard Lazer

03-04-2012

I am looking for an unconventional or a nonblue reliant junlger

PS i hate lee sin, and i don;t want a 6300 ip champ if possible

PPS i have been thinking about trundle is he good?