Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

til Days of Blue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulma View Post
Do you think rushing a Zhonya's is a good idea against someone like fizz? or assasins in general?
Rushing Zhonya just because you need the active is bad. However, if the enemy is AD assassin, then Zhonya is really good as you make good use out of that armor stat

aka, don't rush it against AP assassin in most cases, but it is possible as a rush item against AD assassin.

AsianDiction

03-29-2013

Got a quick question for you,

Orianna, is it normal for me to feel like I don't do the damage that is required of a AP caster? When I go for a q,w combo, it doesn't chunk their health, even a carry. My build path has been more towards RoA, zhonya if ad fed, abyssal if ap and rabadons if I feel I don't need to be worried about anyone jumping on me. Is this a legit path?

I understand she is more utility mage rather damage mage, but seen plays where that 1 good Ori ult just hits all 5 and halves their hp. I never get this type of damage even if I hit all 5 players. Question is this normal?

Thanks in advance!

til Days of Blue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianDiction View Post
Got a quick question for you,

Orianna, is it normal for me to feel like I don't do the damage that is required of a AP caster? When I go for a q,w combo, it doesn't chunk their health, even a carry. My build path has been more towards RoA, zhonya if ad fed, abyssal if ap and rabadons if I feel I don't need to be worried about anyone jumping on me. Is this a legit path?

I understand she is more utility mage rather damage mage, but seen plays where that 1 good Ori ult just hits all 5 and halves their hp. I never get this type of damage even if I hit all 5 players. Question is this normal?

Thanks in advance!
RoA is often too slow. and a lot of the money went to the health and mana.

Majority of the orianna players now go for CDR build with Athene as core, then get Zhonya/ deathcap, voidstaff. This allows them to do much more burst and dps via cdr.

til Days of Blue

03-29-2013

Silly bump for stream test run.

til Days of Blue

03-31-2013

bump, way too many small questions.

Duhizy

04-06-2013

WAKE UP, now is not the time for your thread to be dead, we are in war with North Korea XD. A question a question about skill shots, mine are actually pretty accurate; however, i feel like when i play against plat or diamond players that when i try to trade with them that they are easily able to juke my skills and I their's. If im playing aram against a good player then we basically both shot out a skill shot and we both juke each others and things go no were fast, Is there anything you could recommend to make me land more of my skills? Assume that I am able to predict my enemies path well when your reply

til Days of Blue

04-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by duhizy View Post
WAKE UP, now is not the time for your thread to be dead, we are in war with North Korea XD. A question a question about skill shots, mine are actually pretty accurate; however, i feel like when i play against plat or diamond players that when i try to trade with them that they are easily able to juke my skills and I their's. If im playing aram against a good player then we basically both shot out a skill shot and we both juke each others and things go no were fast, Is there anything you could recommend to make me land more of my skills? Assume that I am able to predict my enemies path well when your reply
There are a lot of habits that players pick up over time. For example, if a Twitch goes into the brush and doesn't autoattack creeps for a while, he most likely went stealth and is on top of you. On the other hand, if you are playing Ezreal or Nidalee. Most likely you guys will prefer to throw the skill shots from brush rather than in the opening in order to make them more unpredictable.

The core skill in this situation is to adapt to the enemies' movement and habits. A lot of the diamond players often move a little bit before they throw they skill shot, attempting to make the enemies thinking they are just moving around. Example such as Ahri side stepping for no reason when you are not throwing a skill shot, because side stepping will often allow you to get closer to the enemy minions (aka easier to last hit) thus he baited you into going within his skill shot range.

Most of the time you should read those small movement rather than playing hyper aggressive during level 1-3. Once you pick it up by level 4, if you did some poking during level 1-3, you will most likely be able to pick up a kill or force a summoner spell, which will turn the lane heavily in your favor.

TheLoNeLiGhT

04-06-2013

I apologize if this has already been asked, I would rather not just look through the 229 pages :P .

Anyway, I am in bronze, and used to play mainly adc, but I found that it would be very hard to carry games because I would have to rely somewhat on the support. I play primarily mid now, in hopes of carrying harder.

Anyway, my question is who are some mid champs that can easily snowball and carry a game. Thank you in advance

til Days of Blue

04-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLoNeLiGhT View Post
I apologize if this has already been asked, I would rather not just look through the 229 pages :P .

Anyway, I am in bronze, and used to play mainly adc, but I found that it would be very hard to carry games because I would have to rely somewhat on the support. I play primarily mid now, in hopes of carrying harder.

Anyway, my question is who are some mid champs that can easily snowball and carry a game. Thank you in advance
Kennen, Ryze, Anivia, Lux and more. Most of these champions scale really hard and are good for teamfights.

TheLoNeLiGhT

04-07-2013

Alright, thank you .

Also, what are your thoughts on AP Yi? I tried him out a fair bit and he can do so much damage with a few kills, but he is so squishy as well.