Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iDpark

03-19-2013

Ken, I don't know what I can do to improve my support play.
How can you get better skills, or outplay the other bot lane?

I feel like my knowledge of the game is solid, along with understand of team comps, bot lane strengths and weaknesses.
I do feel like I don't set up enough kills as support, or make enough of an impact elsewhere on the map. (even as soraka)

(sorry about the extremely general question.)

Here's one you can answer better,
how do you use lulu's ult in fights, do you try to use it on your intiator, for the knockup, or save it for your carries to save them from assassins?
I do understand it's situational, but if you had the choice.....

Because I duo quite a bit, we win lane much more than not. However, other lanes tend to lose more often. What can I do to help a failing solo lane?

til Days of Blue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDpark View Post
Ken, I don't know what I can do to improve my support play.
How can you get better skills, or outplay the other bot lane?

I feel like my knowledge of the game is solid, along with understand of team comps, bot lane strengths and weaknesses.
I do feel like I don't set up enough kills as support, or make enough of an impact elsewhere on the map. (even as soraka)

(sorry about the extremely general question.)

Here's one you can answer better,
how do you use lulu's ult in fights, do you try to use it on your intiator, for the knockup, or save it for your carries to save them from assassins?
I do understand it's situational, but if you had the choice.....

Because I duo quite a bit, we win lane much more than not. However, other lanes tend to lose more often. What can I do to help a failing solo lane?
Split up and view the situation separately

1. Do the enemy carry do more damage than your carry?
2, Will your carry survive with your saving them, or they are dead almost instantly after the ult anyway?

Obviously if the enemy carry do more damage, than ulting on your intiator will be more favorable, however, if you have a strong AD carry or an important person that must stay alive (a super low hp Jax can still kill an AD carry due to his counterstrike) then you should use it on saving.

Gulma

03-22-2013

Sometimes when I support the enemy 'support' is lux or nidalee who never buy wards and build AP how do you handle this lane when they can out trade you? I rarely get a jungler who will help us out

til Days of Blue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulma View Post
Sometimes when I support the enemy 'support' is lux or nidalee who never buy wards and build AP how do you handle this lane when they can out trade you? I rarely get a jungler who will help us out
Force teamfight.

Example: Support Nidalee can't do anything in a teamfight, Lux's damage in teamfight is relatively low.

NaginataX

03-23-2013

I feel like I'm hitting a wall in competitive play where I can't seem to crest the last division into Silver I and then hopefully Gold. As much as I used to like pointing the finger at the "elo hell" argument and blaming my team for the afker, trolls, feeders, etc...it didn't really solve the problem and I know I'm going to have to cope with those types of players no matter what. What I WOULD like advice on is how to get better so that those types of players make less of a detrimental impact.

Steps I've taken:

Learn and master at least 2 champs for every role with the exeption of top
Offer to fill in lobby to offset players that know fewer roles
Know every champion's skill kit
Ward like a boss (no it's not just support's job)
Call MIA's, ward timers, dragon/baron time, champs respawn times after ace, etc
View guides on Mobafire and SoloMid
Watch playbacks of pro teams

Thoughts where I could improve?

til Days of Blue

03-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaginataX View Post
I feel like I'm hitting a wall in competitive play where I can't seem to crest the last division into Silver I and then hopefully Gold. As much as I used to like pointing the finger at the "elo hell" argument and blaming my team for the afker, trolls, feeders, etc...it didn't really solve the problem and I know I'm going to have to cope with those types of players no matter what. What I WOULD like advice on is how to get better so that those types of players make less of a detrimental impact.

Steps I've taken:

Learn and master at least 2 champs for every role with the exeption of top
Offer to fill in lobby to offset players that know fewer roles
Know every champion's skill kit
Ward like a boss (no it's not just support's job)
Call MIA's, ward timers, dragon/baron time, champs respawn times after ace, etc
View guides on Mobafire and SoloMid
Watch playbacks of pro teams

Thoughts where I could improve?
Focus on mastering one role if possible now so that you have a strongest role for ranked.

Duhizy

03-26-2013

if i rush a botrk on any adc would you recommend the second offensive item be an IE or PD. The way i look at it, if im snowballing then PD would give me more damage faster and speed for clean up, but IE would do more damage because of the botrk attack speed, wuts your opinion on when to go each one.

Rg Toad

03-26-2013

Ken i got a question that nags me...

Why do people think Solo queue matters, better yet why do people actually believe it matters and cite it as backing up how good or bad someone is. It's a MOBA, based off literally every other moba out there solo queue should be nothing more than basically practice, and just for funsies **** arounds.

Shouldn't all that matter be someone's team rank and how good they interact and play within a team?

til Days of Blue

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by duhizy View Post
if i rush a botrk on any adc would you recommend the second offensive item be an IE or PD. The way i look at it, if im snowballing then PD would give me more damage faster and speed for clean up, but IE would do more damage because of the botrk attack speed, wuts your opinion on when to go each one.
Normally you would have to go with IE. Remember that we had talk about the balance between attack speed, crit, and AD before? If you get IE, both the crit and attack speed are being used perfectly with the AD from IE and passive from BotRK. However, if you go PD, the crit stat will be almost completely wasted, due to the small AD from BotRK.

til Days of Blue

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rg Toad View Post
Ken i got a question that nags me...

Why do people think Solo queue matters, better yet why do people actually believe it matters and cite it as backing up how good or bad someone is. It's a MOBA, based off literally every other moba out there solo queue should be nothing more than basically practice, and just for funsies **** arounds.

Shouldn't all that matter be someone's team rank and how good they interact and play within a team?
Solo queue shows how good your individual skill are, while team ranked shows how good of a team player + individual skill combined.

Normally for people recruiting for rank team, they insist that the player must reach certain solo queue level, so that they know what level of individual skill they should be expecting.