Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

til Days of Blue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by vortical42 View Post
I've been working on learning Graves. I found a build posted by CptnJack of azubu frost that uses statik shiv in place of phantom dancer. It seems to work well enough, but I'm curious what the advatage of shiv is over PD. Which would you recomend?
I believe that captainjack used shiv in replace of PD for the AoE damage as well as split push power. Graves' buckshot can often drop the creep wave to extremely low hp, but using smoke screen to clear it will consumpt too much mana, thus the reason he use shiv over PD

Personally I still like PD more especially with no unit collision, but that is only a personally reference. Both items are about the same tier.

vortical42

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
I believe that captainjack used shiv in replace of PD for the AoE damage as well as split push power. Graves' buckshot can often drop the creep wave to extremely low hp, but using smoke screen to clear it will consumpt too much mana, thus the reason he use shiv over PD

Personally I still like PD more especially with no unit collision, but that is only a personally reference. Both items are about the same tier.
Good to know, thanks.
If I do go shiv, do you think its better to build the avarice blade first for the extra gold gen, or is it better to rush zeal?

Hirumonogatari

03-01-2013

Quote:
I do not have the exact number yet, but my assumption is that if you reach full build, selling a BotRK for BT will be stronger.
thanks for the advice. please do update when you find something that works if you do come across it.

Hirumonogatari

03-04-2013

hope you still read this ken. one more question that i will post in both threads.

if your support is dead or backed, and you see enemy jungler coming down the lane while enemy laners are pushing the lane, should you try and defend the tower and possibly die from a tower dive, or just walk away from the tower and potentially give up a free tower?

most of the time i stay and defend, and by the time they kill me they're too low to continue assaulting the tower so the tower stays up. but i'm not sure if this is a good trade off.

til Days of Blue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSZHUNG View Post
hope you still read this ken. one more question that i will post in both threads.

if your support is dead or backed, and you see enemy jungler coming down the lane while enemy laners are pushing the lane, should you try and defend the tower and possibly die from a tower dive, or just walk away from the tower and potentially give up a free tower?

most of the time i stay and defend, and by the time they kill me they're too low to continue assaulting the tower so the tower stays up. but i'm not sure if this is a good trade off.
Best thing you could have done is to kill as many minions as possible to slow down the push (Not like they want to tank the turret) then back off, this way you reduce the economic damage they did to you and make them spend more time.

If they have a fast team though, do not hesitate, back off and wait for your team's support.

Hirumonogatari

03-04-2013

Quote:
Best thing you could have done is to kill as many minions as possible to slow down the push (Not like they want to tank the turret) then back off, this way you reduce the economic damage they did to you and make them spend more time.

If they have a fast team though, do not hesitate, back off and wait for your team's support.
so if they have a fast wave clear like cait or graves, i should back off and potentially lose turret? just wanted to be absolutely sure on this. thanks.

iDpark

03-07-2013

I figured it's better than dying and losing turret.
I try to tell jungler to make a play somewhere else though.

Anyway, ken, how do the build orders on lulu even work?
Everyone says max Q, but E is so strong. + the situational shield.
But mana.... And is leveling w worth the additional duration?....

All these choices..... I dunno.

til Days of Blue

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDpark View Post
I figured it's better than dying and losing turret.
I try to tell jungler to make a play somewhere else though.

Anyway, ken, how do the build orders on lulu even work?
Everyone says max Q, but E is so strong. + the situational shield.
But mana.... And is leveling w worth the additional duration?....

All these choices..... I dunno.
Good question, we have a lot of arguements in higher elo as well. Personally I favor maxing E > Q > W in lanes when enemy have strong engage and Q>E>W for poke, but sometime when the enemy have certain strong diver then I might go E>W>Q

Bad Player

03-09-2013

In what sorts of situations is Soraka a good pick?

FIN Sawyer30

03-09-2013

Here's my question. I mainly play adc but I have pretty decent skill in Jungle and Mid. Yet, no matter where I play in ranked I get people that don't understand what they're doing. They don't know how to harass, cs, ward, focus, split push, etc.

What I'm asking is, how am I supposed to get higher up in divisions if I can't win games due to players like these? Is there any possible way that I can get out when I have players like these. Before you say 'If you can't carry you deserve to be down there.' That is highly unfair, especially since the majority of what games I'm referring to are completely uncarryable because I.E the top laner fed akali 8 kills in 13 mins.

What am I supposed to do?