Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerK

02-23-2013

Quote:
zomgmynamewontfi:
Hey Ken! I would like to ask a couple of questions I really want an answer to, please answer!

1. I want to start playing ranked seriously, and i like playing bruisers and mids, any good champions you could suggest I try "mastering" in normals, which would help me in ranked?

2.Do I go for early game champs or late game champs? Because I have noticed, a fed Lee Sin(an early game champ ofc) gets beaten hard by an underfed lategame champ, lategame(Like Jax, or any other late game champ), if the game continues till lategame.

3. Why dont people play like Tryna, Crit Nasus,AD sion, AD yi, in ranked. They're like so incredibly Op. Crit Nasus can crit like 2-3k...

1. Lets be straight forward. I checked your lolking history and took a good look at your builds, runes, and masteries. It is pretty clear to me that you know some of the basic be is far from understanding them. I will suggest you to read more guides before actually stepping into ranked (I will predict you to stuck in bronze for 2 months with the current info)
Champions such as Jax and Jayce should be your focus. One scale hard into late game (force you to farm) while the other is strong at poking + lane and force you to harass the enemy

2. It depends on team comp, if the enemy team is late game champion, you will most likely lose too much map control and objectives that lead you into impossible to comeback

3. Get one shot by AP caster if you go those build.

iChaosDragon

02-23-2013

How do I get over ladder anxiety? o_O

ExecutionerK

02-24-2013

Quote:
ChoasDragons:
How do I get over ladder anxiety? o_O

Don't compare yourself with the others.

LarcyBrown

02-24-2013

lol replay apparently is bugged and not working.What other recording softwre is there out there that can also post the replay for other people to see?

I settle down on 2 champions to cover 3 positions.I want to record my next 10 draft games review my mistakes and jump into ranked.

ExecutionerK

02-24-2013

Quote:
LarcyBrown:
lol replay apparently is bugged and not working.What other recording softwre is there out there that can also post the replay for other people to see?

I settle down on 2 champions to cover 3 positions.I want to record my next 10 draft games review my mistakes and jump into ranked.

As far as I know, none =[

Currently I am stuck with no replay as well, hopefully the replay system in PBE will soon comes into live.

Saphlan

02-24-2013

What AP mids do you recommend for beginning ranked with?

I have Akali, Anivia, Annie, Cassiopeia(bought today), Evelynn, Fiddlesticks, Karthus, Katarina, Kayle, Leblanc, Lux, Mordekaiser, Morgana, Nidalee, Ryze, Twisted Fate, and Veigar.

I feel comftorable mid with Akali, Katarina, Kayle, Lux, and Ryze.
I can play decently with Anivia, Cassiopeia, Evelynn, Karthus, Morgana, Nidalee, Twisted Fate, and Veigar.

I'm really into Lux right now and she's definitely my most comfortable AP mid atm, with dat safe long range poke. I bought Cass today and I am enjoying her immensely. I also consider myself pretty good with Katarina.

Which mids do you think I should focus on playing/learning to play and what tips do you have?

ExecutionerK

02-24-2013

Quote:
Saphlan:
What AP mids do you recommend for beginning ranked with?

I have Akali, Anivia, Annie, Cassiopeia(bought today), Evelynn, Fiddlesticks, Karthus, Katarina, Kayle, Leblanc, Lux, Mordekaiser, Morgana, Nidalee, Ryze, Twisted Fate, and Veigar.

I feel comftorable mid with Akali, Katarina, Kayle, Lux, and Ryze.
I can play decently with Anivia, Cassiopeia, Evelynn, Karthus, Morgana, Nidalee, Twisted Fate, and Veigar.

I'm really into Lux right now and she's definitely my most comfortable AP mid atm, with dat safe long range poke. I bought Cass today and I am enjoying her immensely. I also consider myself pretty good with Katarina.

Which mids do you think I should focus on playing/learning to play and what tips do you have?

Since you just started ranked, these champions should be the best APs for you atm (not going to list AD)

Ryze, Anivia, Kennen, Kayle (must learn, even though always banned), Katarina

As you rank up though, I will for sure spend a lot of time on Twisted Fate. The higher your rank is, the stronger the champion is (due to less losing lanes in general)

Qsario

02-25-2013

I have everyone as of today. Who would you put on a global "must learn" list?

Knight Jelly

02-25-2013

I've started to cheese the jungle with Xin Zhao and Lee Sin because of their godlike level 2 gank. I've been wondering whether or not there were other jungle that have ridiculous gank potential as the ones mentioned.

ExecutionerK

02-25-2013

Quote:
Qsario:
I have everyone as of today. Who would you put on a global "must learn" list?

Kayle, (Two of these four: Anivia, Orianna, Karthus, Diana), Olaf, Jax, Taric, Sona, Leona, (Blitz or Thresh).

There are a lot more champions that you should learn, but they are far from the must learn list.