Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDpark View Post
Ken, I'm just gonna run this idea by you.

Mejai's on Janna when far ahead. (Thinking 2-3 assists before first back.)
I die the least as janna, helps my ult/shield.

and your opinion on mana manipulator start, one ward and one pot.
(it hasn't worked for me, would it ever work, maybe as a poke comp bot?)

When would you go all consumables?
My standard start is charm + 2 wards + pink + 2 pots.
1. As a ranked player I dislike any snowball item unless I am having fun, the choice is yours though

2. Mana manipulator starts is really, really risky, even if you have a poke comp bot you are very vulnerable to trades.

3. That standard start is pretty good when you know that you want to pink an area for the jungler to gank, I would prefer getting explorer as well though

**Going to class now, back in couple hours.

Qsario

02-22-2013

Is explorer ward really that great? I guess I can see using it for anti-invade purposes or possibly to attempt to bait their pink (which shouldn't work if they've looked at the other support's items at all), but it seems mostly like a waste of two mastery points that I could spend on something that helps me all game long, rather than on two items that will be gone in a few minutes.

Now if it gave a mini flask... oh man, I wish supports could still afford to start with one.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsario View Post
Is explorer ward really that great? I guess I can see using it for anti-invade purposes or possibly to attempt to bait their pink (which shouldn't work if they've looked at the other support's items at all), but it seems mostly like a waste of two mastery points that I could spend on something that helps me all game long, rather than on two items that will be gone in a few minutes.

Now if it gave a mini flask... oh man, I wish supports could still afford to start with one.
Explorer is your best friend when the enemy have strong level 1 invade team.

Qsario

02-22-2013

Actually, any tips on countering invades? I've had a few games fall apart due to solo queue lack of coordination so a few people are trying to guard the buff, but it ends up 3v5 or something because nobody knows where to be and the game goes to hell soon after that.

ExecutionerK

02-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsario View Post
Actually, any tips on countering invades? I've had a few games fall apart due to solo queue lack of coordination so a few people are trying to guard the buff, but it ends up 3v5 or something because nobody knows where to be and the game goes to hell soon after that.
First off you should look at your jungler and their jungler. For example, if you have Lee sin while they have Maokai, obviously they will prefer to start from blue buff compare to red buff. and with Maokai as a bad level 1 invader, most likely they won't invade. In this case you can just spread out and defend. However, if you are on the other side with Maokai, with Lee sin having the ability to invade (Q at level 1 is really high damage and one of the best gap closer for a jungler) You want to stack on blue buff or even put a defensive ward at the banana bush. If worried you can also put an explorer down up at the other entrance after 1:00 so that you have full coverage until your blue buff is done.

AsianDiction

02-22-2013

Hey Ken, got a support issue.

In my low elo/league, bot lane usually consists of the supports fighting the adc while theirs is being the same. At that early laning stage, neither is really stronger. What do you do? Do you protect yours and get their support and adc concentrate on you guys?

ExecutionerK

02-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianDiction View Post
Hey Ken, got a support issue.

In my low elo/league, bot lane usually consists of the supports fighting the adc while theirs is being the same. At that early laning stage, neither is really stronger. What do you do? Do you protect yours and get their support and adc concentrate on you guys?
The lower your ELO, the more aggressive you want to be. This is due to the amount of mistakes that lower elo support does and you can often take advantage of it.

See a Sona facechecking a bush? Just go all in on her, she will die instantly.

n00boxular

02-22-2013

Hey ken, I'm looking to the no. of champs I can play.

Top: Chogath, Leesin, Kayle, Singed.
Mid: Diana, Chogath, Kayle, Orianna, Ryze, TF.
Bot: Ashe only atm.
Jungle: Chogath, leesin, diana.

As you can see that im lagging behind on ADCs and I only play nunu support. Ip farming is a BIIITCH so I'm currently looking forward to finish buying my 1350 champs first.

So from eve, taric, mundo and nasus who do I buy first? I usually get to play top/jungle. How is nasus now a days?

Also, how do I singed? I know how to build him and **** except that I dont know his playstyle very well. So far I've managed to create a stalemate up in top lane where they can't kill me but neither can I. In teamfights, I fling their adc but then im useless ._.

zomgmynamewontfi

02-23-2013

Hey Ken! I would like to ask a couple of questions I really want an answer to, please answer!

1. I want to start playing ranked seriously, and i like playing bruisers and mids, any good champions you could suggest I try "mastering" in normals, which would help me in ranked?

2.Do I go for early game champs or late game champs? Because I have noticed, a fed Lee Sin(an early game champ ofc) gets beaten hard by an underfed lategame champ, lategame(Like Jax, or any other late game champ), if the game continues till lategame.

3. Why dont people play like Tryna, Crit Nasus,AD sion, AD yi, in ranked. They're like so incredibly Op. Crit Nasus can crit like 2-3k...

ExecutionerK

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00boxular View Post
Hey ken, I'm looking to the no. of champs I can play.

Top: Chogath, Leesin, Kayle, Singed.
Mid: Diana, Chogath, Kayle, Orianna, Ryze, TF.
Bot: Ashe only atm.
Jungle: Chogath, leesin, diana.

As you can see that im lagging behind on ADCs and I only play nunu support. Ip farming is a BIIITCH so I'm currently looking forward to finish buying my 1350 champs first.

So from eve, taric, mundo and nasus who do I buy first? I usually get to play top/jungle. How is nasus now a days?

Also, how do I singed? I know how to build him and **** except that I dont know his playstyle very well. So far I've managed to create a stalemate up in top lane where they can't kill me but neither can I. In teamfights, I fling their adc but then im useless ._.
1. Buy Taric first, he is going to stay as a solid support even if he gets nerf

2. Nasus is stronger but still doesn't quite fit the CC bruiser meta yet, but he is definitely coming back

3. Singed's style is mainly base on knowing your damage and the enemy damage. So until you know all those numbers, it will be pretty hard for you to play like a real Singed, because you will have to push yourself to the limit.