Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockTherapy View Post
Any ideas as to how I'm not progressing past 1500? I have an extensive knowledge on all fields related to jungling, such as recovery routes, counterjungling, the speed of an enemy jungler, etc etc. I can also play support and ranged carries to a degree where I can hold my own on an enemy team, or when duo-queuing, we win bot extremely easily.

Do I need a more generalized pool of knowledge to draw from, is it my lack of mechanical ability/decision making? In normal games I often play against the real OG 1600s, and can succeed fairly well, so I'm just curious as to why I can not progress 1500s, at all. Rarely is it a feeder or a completely bad teams, it's just one mistake costs us entire games. How do I alleviate this?
That is where each skill level have their differences, a team with 2.2k might have similar skills with the 1.7k team (which just happened to me last Saturday, when I was playing against a team on Alienware tournament). People with higher rating tends to be able to catch the mistakes much easier than us, because they have the experience, and usually the only way is to play more games and watch more stream to improve this.

Also, make sure you can secure your advantage, it sounds like to me that you often have the advantage, but miss the opportunity to expand or use it well. Be sure that you can force fight/ taking major buff or objectives might help.

LarcyBrown

02-05-2012

Quick question! i know i can test it out later but ... do item who apply on hit magic damage like wits end and malady, do you get the full 35% speed reduction if u get rilais with the magic damage from those?
And if so would the slow u can get from frozen mallet can stack with that as well?

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larc58 View Post
Quick question! i know i can test it out later but ... do item who apply on hit magic damage like wits end and malady, do you get the full 35% speed reduction if u get rilais with the magic damage from those?
No, you do not get speed reduction from magical damage dealt from on-hit item.

LarcyBrown

02-05-2012

Additional question on that is rylais effect addictive.....as in if u have both a single target magic damage spell and aoe magic damage spell affecting the enemy at the same time would they be slowed by 50%?

ExecutionerK

02-05-2012

Quote:
Additional question on that is rylais effect addictive.....as in if u have both a single target magic damage spell and aoe magic damage spell affecting the enemy at the same time would they be slowed by 50%?
No, only the bigger effect, which in this case is 35%, will come into effect

13leed1t0ut

02-05-2012

Why do I not see Poppys more often... recently found out just how good she can be

ExecutionerK

02-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13leed1t0ut View Post
Why do I not see Poppys more often... recently found out just how good she can be
SpamHappy <---Poppy player who is platinum ONLY PLAYING POPPY

It is just hard to get Poppy the farm that she needs.

LarcyBrown

02-05-2012

Reason why u do not see poppy often....1 she can be hard countered easily with anyone that has half a brain that is.i played poppy a lot and you can be baited by somoene standing in a perfect stun spot near a wall while that person actually has a perfect escape route and has a ganking ally nearby to help as well ._. Picking the right target to cast poppy'utl in the fray of a 5 on 5 fight is ridiculesly hard.Do i ult the ad carry get in there and rape him, if he doesnt land some cc on me.Then flash or try to make it out of the fight.Or do i ult the tank which has less chance to have ennough damage to hurt me and then go and rape the ad carry while benefiting from the invulnarability.

Way before with poppy's playstyle ulting the tank and going after the ad carry was the shiz....but nowdays people more play tanky dps types then just tank that cant dish out much damage....which renders poppy not very useful in a teamfight unless you can single out a target or ult one thats far way from the rest of the opponents team and attack someone, all of that shiz not easy to pull off at all.Usually if u see a poppy in ranked that is good, its someone that can be pretty good at juking out enemys running around and is well used to proper positionning.

I am seeing a few more poppy players starting to play her more often lately.She can fitt the solo top position pretty well.One thing to note is poppy does hard counterpick a few champs.For exemple a good poppy will totally rape renekton solo top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
SpamHappy <---Poppy player who is platinum ONLY PLAYING POPPY

It is just hard to get Poppy the farm that she needs.
She can farm well if put solo top but yeah thats a whole story on how hard it is, it is viable tough.

Test it out and u were right rilai effect not addictive and on hit magic damage does not proc it.I did find out the sunfirecape magic damage does procs rilai effect but its only 15% slow for the aoe so not much use on that. Why did i even doubt it lol

ExecutionerK

02-05-2012

Quote:
I did find out the sunfirecape magic damage does procs rilai effect but its only 15% slow for the aoe so not much use on that. Why did i even doubt it lol
Sunfire shouldn't be able to procs the 15% slow, but I will get a check on that.

LarcyBrown

02-05-2012

...... support poppy is fully valid lol ...just had an awesome game.......the only con i notice to that is that support poppy is made to kill not harass.Altough that sona might have been cluless for putting herself in the usuall brush spot to harass, poppy raped her hard and was an easy kill afterwards.....happen more then once....