Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2013

Alright, thanks. I feel like he still fills a certain niche - I've seen him played in poke comps occasionally, because his pillar has a very long range and makes skill shots by your teammates much easier to land, so I'd like him available for that, but I don't think I'd be using him frequently. I've played junglers like Mundo or Mao in poke comps before, but Trundle has a slightly different approach to it that I like.

You might be right that he's just not so viable anymore, though.

Out of curiousity, what makes Cleaver a poor choice? I'd actually been considering it, since I really love CDR on Trundle(even building Ionian boots in many games) with Kindlegem being a very common item for me, and the damage from the brutalizer seems like it would also help the clear a bit, as well as strengthening ganks and synergizing with Q.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereg Anfaug View Post
Alright, thanks. I feel like he still fills a certain niche - I've seen him played in poke comps occasionally, because his pillar has a very long range and makes skill shots by your teammates much easier to land, so I'd like him available for that, but I don't think I'd be using him frequently. I've played junglers like Mundo or Mao in poke comps before, but Trundle has a slightly different approach to it that I like.

You might be right that he's just not so viable anymore, though.

Out of curiousity, what makes Cleaver a poor choice? I'd actually been considering it, since I really love CDR on Trundle(even building Ionian boots in many games) with Kindlegem being a very common item for me, and the damage from the brutalizer seems like it would also help the clear a bit, as well as strengthening ganks and synergizing with Q.
If you are trying to go damage build, there are more champions that will work better with that build, and not Trundle.

Sereg Anfaug

02-20-2013

Well, yes, but I'm not exactly looking for "Don't play Trundle", although that seems to be the consensus =P

What I'm looking for is, if I *am* playing Trundle, say as part of that niche poke comp, what should I be doing to mitigate the lack of farm? Surely he still had trouble with farming back when his kit was more relevant in season 2, since it's not armor and MR that help clear camps and waves. I realize he doesn't benefit as much from that kit now, to the point where he's not viable outside of a few very specific comps, but how did he get around the difficulty I'm having back when he was viable?

ExecutionerK

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereg Anfaug View Post
Well, yes, but I'm not exactly looking for "Don't play Trundle", although that seems to be the consensus =P

What I'm looking for is, if I *am* playing Trundle, say as part of that niche poke comp, what should I be doing to mitigate the lack of farm? Surely he still had trouble with farming back when his kit was more relevant in season 2, since it's not armor and MR that help clear camps and waves. I realize he doesn't benefit as much from that kit now, to the point where he's not viable outside of a few very specific comps, but how did he get around the difficulty I'm having back when he was viable?
Actually, you might have some luck if you wait for another month. Riot is starting and planning on nerfing the League of Warmogs, and if more hp items get nerf, players will have to build more resistance sooner or later, which will indirectly bring Trundle back into the game with his kit

As for now, I think it will be best to pick Trundle as a champion for poke comp, and use his pillar for disengage rather than helping the team to comp. With standard tanky dps build such as sunfire Randuin

HOMO KPOP

02-20-2013

What do you recommend for a Kayle mid build? So far I'm just going with Nashor's to Deathcap/Liandry's depending on how the game is going. After these items I'm really lost.

Is Malady worth it? Is Guinsoo's Rageblade or Hextech Gunblade worth it? I'm looking for 1-2 suggestions for offense items. Thanks

missou

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
1. Poke, AoE, Push are more popular compare to any other. In theory protect the kog works but due to the season 3 item changes less and less people want to protect the carry now.

2. Currently I believe that AoE comp with the ability to force engage or tower dive is the strongest, with the fact that they can also wave clear reasonably well with the AoE as well as disengage.

3. Both Chogath and Hecarim are really good to fit into the AoE comp, although you might want to make sure that your support will peel for the carries, as both of those champions are better are running into the enemy carries' face compare to peeling.
I will also recommend picking up Xin and Maokai, Vi is banned too often but she is also worth the effort to learn.
* What really throw diamond players off from Chogath is not his knockup, rather, it is the silence...
Could you go into more depth about why Cho'Gath is better at running into the enemy carries' face than peeling? After thousands of games played as a Cho'Gath main, I had long ago concluded that he's far more effective as a peeler than a carry-diver, unless he builds full AP and can instagib with a lucky combo. He lacks a reliable gap closer and does not have very consistent damage, especially as the game drags on into lategame.
Am I missing something vital about Cho'Gath?

Mungril

02-20-2013

Hey Ken,

i'm getting bored of getting good at really easy champs and want something harder to play. So i'm asking if you can name me some "high risk, high reward champions for each role. Also, can you PLEASE tell me what you think is the most high risk high reward champs you mentioned out of every role. Thanks so much.

ExecutionerK

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by **** KPOP View Post
What do you recommend for a Kayle mid build? So far I'm just going with Nashor's to Deathcap/Liandry's depending on how the game is going. After these items I'm really lost.

Is Malady worth it? Is Guinsoo's Rageblade or Hextech Gunblade worth it? I'm looking for 1-2 suggestions for offense items. Thanks
Your build is on the right track. I will say build Guinsoo's Rageblade after you finish those 3 major items, and moving onto warmog just because it is really cost effective.

ExecutionerK

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by missou View Post
Could you go into more depth about why Cho'Gath is better at running into the enemy carries' face than peeling? After thousands of games played as a Cho'Gath main, I had long ago concluded that he's far more effective as a peeler than a carry-diver, unless he builds full AP and can instagib with a lucky combo. He lacks a reliable gap closer and does not have very consistent damage, especially as the game drags on into lategame.
Am I missing something vital about Cho'Gath?
What make chogath much better at the frontline is the combination of his knockup and silence. Also the fact that Chogath are really strong by building Aura items such as Frozen Heart and sometime Randuin. These two items give you enough armor and hp with cdr that most likely you will be able to facetank majority of the enemy's ad carry damage. The reason for knockup is strong is obvious, but the silence often allow you to stop the enemy carry from escaping. For example, a silence on Ezreal will most likely help you more than a silence on Vi, because he needs his mystic shot for damage and arcane shift to reposition. He doesn't need to gap close on the enemy but pumping out constant Q and W in the middle of the battle field can force the enemy carries to target you rather than peeling for your carry because you have to.

ExecutionerK

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungril View Post
Hey Ken,

i'm getting bored of getting good at really easy champs and want something harder to play. So i'm asking if you can name me some "high risk, high reward champions for each role. Also, can you PLEASE tell me what you think is the most high risk high reward champs you mentioned out of every role. Thanks so much.
Top: BotRK Sunfire Volibear, this test your ability to push your position and engagement, proper execution will lead you into huge victory, but failing will means impossible to comeback

Mid: Malzahar. With how popular Warmogs are and the buff to magic pen. Malzahar actually have some value to be played now. However due to the lack of escape you must remain very careful with him in term of positioning.

Jungle: Fizz jungle. The lord of wall hopping

AD: Vayne, Kog, all those hyper carries

Support: Run all the standard support with magic pen