Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSZHUNG View Post
a large part of the reason for the quadra was because everyone was focused on the low health naut. can't do much when people aren't smart like that.

even though it wouldn't have made much difference, i would still like to know the right call to make in such situations since decision making is such an integral part to LoL.

so your opinion is that i should have stayed, ignored trundle and attack a higher priority target? or was it a good call to bail so we didn't get aced?
Well, I do not have enough information for the fight, such as where is is located, the position of the champions and more. But judging from the information given, it is quite clear to me that no matter what decision you make the result of the team fight will be the same. So I say it was right for you to just keep running and kiting Trundle.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bad Player

Senior Member

02-18-2013

I'd like some advice for runes for Shen.

I have MPen, AS, AD, and ArPen reds. I have AP, AD, and GP10 quints. (I only have armor yellow and MR/lvl blues, so those aren't changing ^^") What would you say is the best page for Shen I could make?

Also, what would you say is the ideal runepage for Shen, period?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kappasun

Member

02-18-2013

While not a main shen player, i'd believe you'd want something like mpen armor MR(scaling or not) and MS quints. Since you don't have those, AP is going to give you the best out of the ones you listed.

You really should buy movespeed quints though. Very useful.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bad Player

Senior Member

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarasun View Post
You really should buy movespeed quints though. Very useful.
I know. Saving up for them xP
(A runepage + 3 MS quints is 12k IP! It takes a while ;-; )


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hirumonogatari

Senior Member

02-18-2013

just continuing on the previous thing, since GD seems to be whining about it a lot but i'm not sure if its substantiated or just GD being GD.

as we acknowledge that everyone and their grandma has a gap closer nowadays and (at least in solo queue) most teams don't know how to effectively peel for their adc, is it still worth to run an adc in the team comp? would it be better to run, say 2 assassins and 2 bruisers or 1 tank 1 assassin and 2 bruisers and forego the adc?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSZHUNG View Post
just continuing on the previous thing, since GD seems to be whining about it a lot but i'm not sure if its substantiated or just GD being GD.

as we acknowledge that everyone and their grandma has a gap closer nowadays and (at least in solo queue) most teams don't know how to effectively peel for their adc, is it still worth to run an adc in the team comp? would it be better to run, say 2 assassins and 2 bruisers or 1 tank 1 assassin and 2 bruisers and forego the adc?
I will say that ADC is still worth running in solo queue. However, in most cases you will have to build a giant belt after finishing your 2nd or 3rd major item.

The reason is that ADC is still really powerful when you are trying to push, early game brusiers might win, but the game should go about even by mid game, and late game it is the world of AD carry.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hirumonogatari

Senior Member

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
I will say that ADC is still worth running in solo queue. However, in most cases you will have to build a giant belt after finishing your 2nd or 3rd major item.

The reason is that ADC is still really powerful when you are trying to push, early game brusiers might win, but the game should go about even by mid game, and late game it is the world of AD carry.
so, you'd finish boots, IE/BT and PD, then get a giant's belt?

would you upgrade that giant's belt into anything? i can't imagine 380 health makes a whole lot of difference.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hirumonogatari

Senior Member

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post

The reason is that ADC is still really powerful when you are trying to push, early game brusiers might win, but the game should go about even by mid game, and late game it is the world of AD carry.
sorry, i forgot to include this question before.

what is "early game" and how many games last beyond the early game. i do not play ranked (i probably will belong in wood league, therefore i'm probably not going in there for the time being) but it seems every other normal game (about 50% in other words) is kind of decided by the 33 minute mark and there are often surrenders before this point.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kappasun

Member

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSZHUNG View Post
so, you'd finish boots, IE/BT and PD, then get a giant's belt?

would you upgrade that giant's belt into anything? i can't imagine 380 health makes a whole lot of difference.
Upgrade directly into warmogs, or randuins omen if the other team has many assassins/bruisers.

It sounds surprising at first, but it really makes you much harder to kill.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hirumonogatari

Senior Member

02-18-2013

so boots, IE/BT, PD and warmogs?