Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gulma

02-06-2013

Oh and the top laners I play are kennen and rumble. any advice on those champs would be greatly appreciated!

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulma View Post
This is a problem I've been having in top lane for a while now. How do you deal with enemy jungler camping your lane? Where to ward? and should I start 7 pots and 3 wards?
When an enemy jungler is camping your lane. Depend on the jungler and champion, you can choose to ward up or just focus on minion control.

Commonly speaking about not that many Top lane champion can dive you unless you take a lot of free hits/ leave yourself at low hp. One ward is usually enough to cover so that you don't get camped.

Try to follow these 3 steps.
1. Look at the enemy champion, can he dive you before level 6? Does he have the ability to poke you down before 6? Is he going to outsustain you? If it is yes for 2 or even 3, 9 pots 2 wards start is really strong as you will last longer than the enemy.

2. Look at the enemy jungler. Where is he starting? When will he reach top? Does he have a good gap closer/ cc for gank? It is relatively easy to tell where the enemy jungler is starting by just looking at the direction mid lane came from, and you should be able to estimate the time he needs to clear the jungle before he ganks.

3. Poke the enemy down. The lower the health the enemy is, the less chance he can actually kill you. Keep in mind that with you applying pressure on the top laner the enemy jungler might see it and reinforce the defense, stay care.

DeathRays

02-07-2013

Hey ken. Nice thread you got going on. I was wondering if you could check out my ryze gameplay and tell me what I need improving on. I would much appreciate it. I'm at 1200 elo. Thank you.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathRays View Post
Hey ken. Nice thread you got going on. I was wondering if you could check out my ryze gameplay and tell me what I need improving on. I would much appreciate it. I'm at 1200 elo. Thank you.
Your problem can be concluded in one word. Farm

in a 55mins + game, there is no reason for you to have only 75 cs. I would suggest you to go to a bot game or something just to practice farming.

DeathRays

02-08-2013

That was actually a 4v5 and they surrendered at like 20. I was ganking other lanes. because my lane waa the one who was dc'd.Do you still think my farm is the problem?

ExecutionerKen

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathRays View Post
That was actually a 4v5 and they surrendered at like 20. I was ganking other lanes. because my lane waa the one who was dc'd.Do you still think my farm is the problem?
Yes, your farm is far below average in every single match history that is on lolking.

It is good that you had kills and assists, but such low CS score means that you are not farming/ pushing minions effectively.

DeathRays

02-08-2013

Ok thank you.

lyaon15

02-10-2013

Hullo, I asked you a question b4 on ashe and the reply was really helpful...ive become a better player for it...now i have a similar question...how do i play with swain?...i think hes a lot of fun, just bought him. However I have a REALLY difficult time landing his stun...almost so much that i feel its useless...the lag + skill shot makes it difficult combined with the fact that most mid champs nowadays are very mobile...how do i overcome this?...also...it would be helpful if u can name his counters and who he does well against...i lost terribly to diana and fizz while bullying lux

ExecutionerKen

02-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyaon15 View Post
Hullo, I asked you a question b4 on ashe and the reply was really helpful...ive become a better player for it...now i have a similar question...how do i play with swain?...i think hes a lot of fun, just bought him. However I have a REALLY difficult time landing his stun...almost so much that i feel its useless...the lag + skill shot makes it difficult combined with the fact that most mid champs nowadays are very mobile...how do i overcome this?...also...it would be helpful if u can name his counters and who he does well against...i lost terribly to diana and fizz while bullying lux
1. You should beat Diana but never Fizz. Fizz's skill kit is designed to burst you down EXTREMELY fast so you can't do much especially with his heal reduction

1a. In order to bully Diana, spam your DoT and autoattack her, before level 6 she is completely trashed with your poke. And you should beat her after 6 via farming.

2. Try to land the snare behind the enemy, or in front of them if they are engaging on you. Never put the center on the enemy unless you are trying to cover as many enemies as possible.

As for the lane matchup, I suggest using champselect and other helpful websites.

Gat Malice

02-11-2013

A few questions.. I've only been playing for a month or so.

As Kog'maw, adc:

How should I build him? Usually I go boots 3 pots -> boots 2 vamp scepter, then from there sometimes I go straight into Blade of the ruined king and Runaan's. Is this a good way to go? Or would a more traditional BT -> PD be advisable? I like Blade + aspd items because of his W.

On Caitlyn ADC:

I go boots 3 pots -> vamp sceptre, boots 2, then IE and Runaan's or PD.

When should I get Phantom Dancer, and when should I get Runaan's?

Additionally, is Mundo a viable pick for Solo Top to learn when I get level 30 for ranked play?
Also, for jungling Nocturne.. I played a few games with him and built him fairly defensively. I couldn't really get any kills though, should I play him more agressive? What sort of items would you guys suggest? All guides suggest 9/21/0 masteries with maybe 1 or 2 offensive items (BC/Frozen Mallet) then all defensive from there.

Thanks in advance.