Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
Run AD red for high poke champion (such as Pantheon)
Armor pen for high bruiser via skills champion (such as Talon)
AS is rare as hell, but it can be put on Kayle.

Finally, I personally believe that flat MR yellow is not worth it, secondary rune is just bad to have in most cases.
Thanks. I agree with you about secondary rune types and try to steer clear of them, but my other yellow options are flat armor and mana regen. The first one isn't much help against an AP, and as a flat rune doesn't scale well to the late game where I might be facing more AD damage. The second might be viable, but in the past my go to AD Mid has been Tryndamere, and he doesn't use mana. I just recently picked up Lee Sin, and I might also use him in this role if I ever find myself filling it again, but he also doesn't benefit from mana regeneration.

Is there another yellow rune you'd suggest for this case?

Qsario

01-26-2013

What are the most useful runes to own? I have a bunch, but I'm not sure what else I should get. My champion pool is "almost everyone" so I'd like to be able to put good runes even on obscure champs. Right now I have full sets of:

Reds: Armor, ArPen, AD, AS, MPen, MR
Yellows: Armor, GP10, MRegen, HP/lvl, MRegen/lvl
Blues: MR, AP/lvl, CDR/lvl, MR/lvl, MRegen/lvl
Quints: AP, ArPen, AD, GP10, MS, SV

What others are worth having? Lifesteal & Armor quints? Maybe some of the energy runes?

Xx jawbreaker xX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2013

I need help in getting out of elo hell. The problem (right now) seems to be mostly my team mates these days. I used to play mid/jungle and now i'm straight adc. I figure i can just carry my way up easiest if i'm a carry -> (lol). I've gone from 850 to 1050 elo just by using kog in the last month, but i've stopped going up in elo this last week.

i love kog because of how hard he can own in the late game

I easily get 150 cs by 20 mins and by 40 mins i'm close to a full build. The problem i run into is that kog has no escape and my team will often miss their stuns which im fine with at this elo but what really pisses me off is when they don't pay ****in attention and an irelia or xin or jax get's through the ranks and owns me, all the while i'm pinging like hell and they're still chasing a tank. what am i supposed to do in the late game when my team is horrible??? should i be the lone wolf and try to take down turrets? should i just play extremely defensively and not engage in any battles unless i'm sure that im safe? should i cuss my team out until they start engaging at the right times and actually start helping their adc? I usually do the latter, however, that almost never works lol...

Definety

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
I only found one game history with ashe on your match history, but I will go over that.

First off, you are building both BT and IE before you finishing zeal. While that does increase your volley damage as much as possible, it will deny your autoattack daamge, because you do not have any attack speed.

In order to balance this out, you should have PD or Shiv as your second major item, before finishing the 2nd BF item.

Now, lets move onto runes, yes, you will need the AD, because it completely change the early game. People with AD runes compare to the ones that don't have them can have up to 30% damage increase, depend on how the runes are setup.

Masteries wise I am not sure why you are taking monster damage reduction, you may want to go over that.
Ahhh ok. I'll re-consider the things you've told me. Thanks for the help
Reallly appreciate it.

damiancrr

01-26-2013

So im fairly new to ranked(about 100 games 1200 elo).I mained caitlyn level10->30 and the next 400 games after that and im extremly good with her and her skills and her build. But lately ive been playing alot of ranked with equally skilled players and i find i am lacking in one specific and very vital part of the game. I cant poke from caitlyn's absolute maximum range! Currently i used the X button to target, i tried using right click but i find it clunky and inaccurate. Is there another button i can use? or is there something i am missing. Because when i use X it doesnt feel like im using her full range. When i click to attack then cancel the animation then reset and hit it again(while theyare a bit farther away) i can see the real range of caitlyn and it annoys me that i cant consistantly hit it just bit clicking.

Also on a side note i find it extremely hard to lane against Miss Fortune. I am currently 0/6 laning against her. Its not like she is stronger early game. It just seems like if she gets me pushed to tower even once im stuck there and its impossible to get out without dieing. her damage seems so impossible early game and if she gets a small lead she just demolishes me in lane :\

rikoLash

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00boxular View Post
Mid:Swain, Fizz, Talon, Ryze. (Anything without skillshots pl0x, 200+ ping is not kind)
(Who else to add?)
I'm fairly sure skillshots only get difficult at like 600 ping. I've had 350 ping or so on holidays and I could land skillshots just fine. I have 170-220 ping here in Australia, and that seems almost perfect to me. It's just what you're used to, and if you usually play 200+ ping I don't see why you should have a problem with it.

And a question to Ken..
I've just started ranked matches, and have won 9 and lost 9 (Around 1200 elo). I personally think this is the right elo for me at the moment, but I think I can push it up to around 1300+ if started duo'ing.

I currently have the following champions:

Top: Garen, Jax, Jayce, Kayle, Nidalee, Olaf, Tryndamere, Warwick
Jungle: Warwick, Olaf, Nunu?
Mid: Ashe, Katarina, Kayle, Nidalee, Ryze
ADC: Ashe, Corki, Ezreal, Graves
Support: Soraka, Nunu

I feel like most of the champions I have for top lane and jungle I am not comfortable with. It's mainly Olaf jungle and Jayce top i'm going to when I need it. My "main" role however (I don't play it the most, I play whatever I need but I'm best at it and I ask for it usually) is ADC. I feel like I need to get more champions that benefit a wider range of supports. Primarily improving champions that are less caster orientated and more like auto-attacking and kiting, which is why i'm picking up Ashe.

Also, I've started playing support. I'm currently strangely successful with my soraka, but am not a fan of nunu. What agressive supports do you think I should pick up, if I can only afford 1 for the time being (of any price).

I'm happy with mid and support (for a little bit) but should I aid my lack of choice in competent bruisers/tanks and AD assassins such as Darius, Khazix, Zed or buy Vayne/Draven (I realllllyy want to but think I'll be bad at her).

<3 Ken. Thnx for answering all these questions over the last few months.

WillieStyle

01-27-2013

Please help me with Rengar top lane. My thread of questions here:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3050491

ExecutionerKen

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereg Anfaug View Post
Thanks. I agree with you about secondary rune types and try to steer clear of them, but my other yellow options are flat armor and mana regen. The first one isn't much help against an AP, and as a flat rune doesn't scale well to the late game where I might be facing more AD damage. The second might be viable, but in the past my go to AD Mid has been Tryndamere, and he doesn't use mana. I just recently picked up Lee Sin, and I might also use him in this role if I ever find myself filling it again, but he also doesn't benefit from mana regeneration.

Is there another yellow rune you'd suggest for this case?
despite having yellow as not needed, I found it the most cost effective anyway, however, I did some experiment with a mix of flat MR and flat armor yellow before, and it worked quite well.

Flat hp also works, but that is some other huge investment, and most people prefer to use hp/lvl.

ExecutionerKen

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsario View Post
What are the most useful runes to own? I have a bunch, but I'm not sure what else I should get. My champion pool is "almost everyone" so I'd like to be able to put good runes even on obscure champs. Right now I have full sets of:

Reds: Armor, ArPen, AD, AS, MPen, MR
Yellows: Armor, GP10, MRegen, HP/lvl, MRegen/lvl
Blues: MR, AP/lvl, CDR/lvl, MR/lvl, MRegen/lvl
Quints: AP, ArPen, AD, GP10, MS, SV

What others are worth having? Lifesteal & Armor quints? Maybe some of the energy runes?
You probably have about the same amount of runes as I have if not more. That should be more than enough. Energy runes are good but not needed unless you play energy heavy champions (suxh as Zed) as some champions such as Akali and Lee sin both have a way to regain energy.

ExecutionerKen

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by damiancrr View Post
So im fairly new to ranked(about 100 games 1200 elo).I mained caitlyn level10->30 and the next 400 games after that and im extremly good with her and her skills and her build. But lately ive been playing alot of ranked with equally skilled players and i find i am lacking in one specific and very vital part of the game. I cant poke from caitlyn's absolute maximum range! Currently i used the X button to target, i tried using right click but i find it clunky and inaccurate. Is there another button i can use? or is there something i am missing. Because when i use X it doesnt feel like im using her full range. When i click to attack then cancel the animation then reset and hit it again(while theyare a bit farther away) i can see the real range of caitlyn and it annoys me that i cant consistantly hit it just bit clicking.

Also on a side note i find it extremely hard to lane against Miss Fortune. I am currently 0/6 laning against her. Its not like she is stronger early game. It just seems like if she gets me pushed to tower even once im stuck there and its impossible to get out without dieing. her damage seems so impossible early game and if she gets a small lead she just demolishes me in lane :\
1. Have you tried the A click? generally it works better than just clicking the enemy
2. MF is a strong laner. Her base stat is the highest among the AD carries. If you try to win, keep in mind with two things. A. Poke her down. B. Never let her have her passive up.