Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RelientJ View Post
I was wondering, as a top. Should I start picking up more AP tops, and getting a AP rune page? I've always played a large quantity of AD champions. Like Yorick, Lee Sin, Udyr, etc.
Most of the AP top doesn't require a special rune page (just Mpen, armor, mr/lvl and AP will works)

Just a note however, with the changes with season 3 items, AD top are getting buffed really really hard, compare to AP top

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00boxular View Post
I remember you posting about 3 mid champs that everyone in ranked should learn to do well in ranked.
Could you give some suggestions for these roles:

Jungle: Maokai, Hecarim, Kha,Zix, Zed, Skarner. (Whatelse do I add to my roster? I prefer junglers with dashes/jumps, anything but lee sin)
Top: Swain, Fizz, Zed, Pantheon.
Mid:Swain, Fizz, Talon, Ryze. (Anything without skillshots pl0x, 200+ ping is not kind)
Support: Nunu, Taric. (Who else to add?)
200 ping is going to hurt you, and due to that, my suggestions will also be limited, since champions such as Riven or Elise must get their combo down quick.

In the current state I can only recommend Sona as a support.

ExecutionerKen

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken4o View Post
Ad tops better actualy now most of the ad tops counter the ap champions like kenen and vlad
if u play vs ap top get a gap closer champion or champion iwith hard ranged cc like panth, olaf is good pick no matter what the enemy is if u play him right , yoric , jayce is a good pick lee i think is better jungling udyr too so i will advice u in goind ad bruisers /casters top not so much ap only viable ap top for me is nunu vs hero with no cc/gap closer any other casters must be played mid
No, most AD top doesn't "counter" the AP top, the problem is due to the changes to items, it makes AD costs much less compare to AP, thus greatly improving the AD's damage while AP doesn't get as much benefit.

Bad Player

01-20-2013

On champions that can use Runaan's well (I specifically have Varus in mind), how do you choose between Runaan's and PD? (I know PD is for single-target and Runaan's is for multi-target, but when do you go/how do you decide whether to go single-target or multi-target?)

ExecutionerKen

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadPlayer6 View Post
On champions that can use Runaan's well (I specifically have Varus in mind), how do you choose between Runaan's and PD? (I know PD is for single-target and Runaan's is for multi-target, but when do you go/how do you decide whether to go single-target or multi-target?)
Almost over 95% of the time I will go with PD. This is due to the crit as well as the fact that if the enemy fight smartly, you will rarely have the chance to use more than 2 out of the 3 projectiles that you can fire

(Example: Jax or Olaf jumping on you. None of the enemy teams will be around you in this case, thus making the Runaan's passive useless.)

n00boxular

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
200 ping is going to hurt you, and due to that, my suggestions will also be limited, since champions such as Riven or Elise must get their combo down quick.

In the current state I can only recommend Sona as a support.
I understand that, but I'm not looking to improve my elo and stuff, it's only solo hue.

lyaon15

01-21-2013

How do I play Ashe ?...I've been playing for a couple months and she is my first adc. I usually play support and I think she's loads of fun with her utility. However her lack of dmg means I get bullied in lane with no CS n eventually falling behind ..had to face Caitlyn n blitz. ..it was terrible.. .how do I overcome this?. ..also I'm having trouble with summoner spells.. .lack of escapes means i get easily caught even with flash.. .n i barely get the opportunity to use ignite /exhaust on ashe.. so I've been trying cleanse/ghost for escapes/kiting. ..thoughts? Thnx

ExecutionerKen

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyaon15 View Post
How do I play Ashe ?...I've been playing for a couple months and she is my first adc. I usually play support and I think she's loads of fun with her utility. However her lack of dmg means I get bullied in lane with no CS n eventually falling behind ..had to face Caitlyn n blitz. ..it was terrible.. .how do I overcome this?. ..also I'm having trouble with summoner spells.. .lack of escapes means i get easily caught even with flash.. .n i barely get the opportunity to use ignite /exhaust on ashe.. so I've been trying cleanse/ghost for escapes/kiting. ..thoughts? Thnx
For Ashe the players MUST use well with Ashe's range + volley. Autoattack + volley combo is important for you to win any trades. Back off right away if the enemy is champion such as Ezreal, Corki, or MF as they will outdamage you, however, your slow will stop them from keep chasing you most of the time, unless they put themselves in much greater risk

Flash + Cleanse should be able to let you escape most situation when you position properly, if the enemy have blitz, put a sightward into the bush, and use advantage of your 600 autoattack range to poke the enemy (graves have only 525 range, for example.)

Overall Ashe is a really basic AD carry that is really rewarding via good position and useage of ultimate. While she is basic it doesn't means she is easy. It is recommended to start by playing Caitlyn then transition into play Ashe.

iDpark

01-21-2013

Question. Who's another really good support where you feel like you're doing something?

I've played Janna 15 times in two days after playing her like twice in S2. She'snow my most played and a crazy win rate.

Her weak points imo are Really bursty comps, blitz/ali just dominate. I duo with an Ez occasionally.

I'm looking for a more tankier support bot lane, blitz always banned, and I can't hit Ali WQ
What are a couple reccomendations for the lanes where I go up against a Draven, Ali, Blitz?
I've played almost all supports, many times.

Question 2.
What are some picks top against sustain tops (Swain, Vlad, Etc.) . Against non sustain top, I'm pretty comfortable with Zed.
I just got dominated by a swain couple games ago. We turned it around in teamfights, but I want to know what I could have done. I just pushed the lane and roamed mid as much as possible.

Question 3
As a jungler, Who should I play if my team needs a tank?
I feel as if all tank junglers are slow, and alot of them are always banned. (At 1200)
Shen, malph, amumu are always banned.

AsianDiction

01-21-2013

Hey Ken,

How do you peel against a fed Vi? I was Ezreal in ranked and kept getting taken out of fights before it happened due to vi combo'ing me in 1 go. I burn my E and flash, but FM slow plus her ult just utterly destroyed me. My team couldn't or had no idea how to peel, so I was gone before we even started. Any solutions as to avoiding that besides don't get Vi fed?

Another thing, our teams frontline is always weaker or dies faster than the others. As an ADC, I don't seem to melt the frontlines and eventually they just win teamfights. Positioning or is it some other issue?

Thanks in advance