Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pobbes View Post
Hey Ken,
Long time reader, first time replier. You just mentioned mastering TF. Can you give a good core build for TF?
The core items are always lich bane and deathcap. Some people prefer lich bane first for stronger pick a card, while other players like me prefer deathcap first for faster wave clear.

khingkhayo

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
1. Olaf, he can literrally run past the entire enemy team, doing damage and slow the enemy with the axe at the same time, and still reach the enemy carries.

2. Think before you start the game. If you are the tanky (frontline) then you should be there at the beginning of the fight. If you are any type of caster than you want to cast the spells ASAP to put them on cooldown while not endangering yourself, and if you are playing champions that have cooldown reset on kills or assists (like master yi, Kat, Kha) then you want to join the battle right after the enemy use their first rotation of spells.
Ok I'll try that out. I've a question about tank items now. Is it usually better to buy large health items or get resistances and what situations do you think it calls for either?

For example, I build frozen mallet on renekton as his major health item and throw in the lil health from the new cleaver. Is the health good on him? If so, is it enough? And exactly why is that?

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by khingkhayo View Post
Ok I'll try that out. I've a question about tank items now. Is it usually better to buy large health items or get resistances and what situations do you think it calls for either?

For example, I build frozen mallet on renekton as his major health item and throw in the lil health from the new cleaver. Is the health good on him? If so, is it enough? And exactly why is that?
With the season 3 patch, health is much cheaper now, and stacking resistance isn't as good due to how the new formula works. So in this case, you want to build little resistance to ensure that the enemy can't do true damage to you, while stacking health against most teams (with few exception *** the one with % health damage, then you might want aura items more such as Frozen heart to counter Vayne or Kog)

Frozen mallet usually is not built on renekton as he is consider an AD caster, I would much prefer to build a sunfire with black cleaver.

LarcyBrown

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by duhizy View Post
how about in a situation where preventing your lanes from losing is the best you can muster in a specific game? making sure that my lanes dont lose requires me to gank for them not to short after they get killed in lane to even things back up before the enemy is allowed to snowball out of control, ideally one of your lanes might win and you can have more time to make sure other lanes dont lose but that still doesnt allow u enough time to camp your best player to get him fed. Is it at this point where you decide to gank the lane that is mostly likely to succeed and hope to god that if that lane isnt the one thats winning that the enemy wont snowball and end the game before you get there?
If you want to win you need to focus on getting you best player fed and not stoping the feed from your worst players.In Season 3 this is favored a hellish lot with shutdowns and max death to reach lowest value now down to only 4 kills/deaths.

You only need to capitalize on 1 good call once to turn a game back in your favor.

LarcyBrown

01-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
Ahhh, it is always starting from 100% then just keep multipling by the % after the reduction, so for example if you have merc thread and then 15% reduction from relentless, it will be something like

100% - 35% = 65%
65% x (100% - 15%) = 55.25%

aka the reduction will be 55.25%
my calculations made that with all 4 reductions, slows are then reduced to only 36%
of their values.
I think im overating this but still nice to know on certain match ups i guess

Diamond Division

01-19-2013

哈哈哈傻逼

ExecutionerKen

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric CN View Post
哈哈哈傻逼
Well, since you are being so "nice" to me

中國共產狗滾

RelientJ

01-19-2013

I was wondering, as a top. Should I start picking up more AP tops, and getting a AP rune page? I've always played a large quantity of AD champions. Like Yorick, Lee Sin, Udyr, etc.

n00boxular

01-19-2013

I remember you posting about 3 mid champs that everyone in ranked should learn to do well in ranked.
Could you give some suggestions for these roles:

Jungle: Maokai, Hecarim, Kha,Zix, Zed, Skarner. (Whatelse do I add to my roster? I prefer junglers with dashes/jumps, anything but lee sin)
Top: Swain, Fizz, Zed, Pantheon.
Mid:Swain, Fizz, Talon, Ryze. (Anything without skillshots pl0x, 200+ ping is not kind)
Support: Nunu, Taric. (Who else to add?)

broken4o

01-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RelientJ View Post
I was wondering, as a top. Should I start picking up more AP tops, and getting a AP rune page? I've always played a large quantity of AD champions. Like Yorick, Lee Sin, Udyr, etc.
Ad tops better actualy now most of the ad tops counter the ap champions like kenen and vlad
if u play vs ap top get a gap closer champion or champion iwith hard ranged cc like panth, olaf is good pick no matter what the enemy is if u play him right , yoric , jayce is a good pick lee i think is better jungling udyr too so i will advice u in goind ad bruisers /casters top not so much ap only viable ap top for me is nunu vs hero with no cc/gap closer any other casters must be played mid