Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bad Player

01-16-2013

I'd like some tips/help about farming and csing, but in mid/lategame, NOT earlygame/laning phase. Someone else phrased the situation I feel like I encounter much better than I could, so I'm just going to quote them:

Quote:
Ah! I know exactly what you mean.... I average about 100 cs around 18-25 minutes depending on how often I've died as a mid lane. Then for the next 10-15 minutes, my CS barely increases at all once roaming phase kicks in and everyone decides to group together. Everyone is just farming the mid lane, or the adc starts taking the jungle wraithes/wolves etc.

Occasionally you'll wander down bottom or top to clear a minion wave of 6-12, but then the lane pushes out again past the river, so you wander back to your group in order to stay safe. Even when the river and their jungle is warded, you don't really want to be separate from the team in case the enemy starts initiating team fights or attempting objectives.
I know my laning phase cs could be much improved, but I feel like my farming takes a huge hit after the first 20~25 minutes, so I was wondering if you had any advice to help with this.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by duhizy View Post
what if your put in a situation where none of those are the lane that is losing? do you then decide that this lane wont benefit even if i gank it and try to snowball another lane while watching the enemy get fed?
You gank the lane with your most skilled player or the champion that scale the hardest into the game as long as the time that you put it isn't too long (aka worth the effort)

Any gank is essentially good, because any damage that you put onto the enemy will force them to play relatively passive in the lane, thus allowing your laner to have more advantage.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by duhizy View Post
how about in a situation where preventing your lanes from losing is the best you can muster in a specific game? making sure that my lanes dont lose requires me to gank for them not to short after they get killed in lane to even things back up before the enemy is allowed to snowball out of control, ideally one of your lanes might win and you can have more time to make sure other lanes dont lose but that still doesnt allow u enough time to camp your best player to get him fed. Is it at this point where you decide to gank the lane that is mostly likely to succeed and hope to god that if that lane isnt the one thats winning that the enemy wont snowball and end the game before you get there?
In this case, yes, you gank the lane that is most likely going to succeed, or, you gank the lane that has the most impact in team fight (such as a lane with Kennen, or just go with AD carry lane as they scale the strongest into late game.)

ExecutionerK

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by khingkhayo View Post
ive a plethora of questions i could ask at any given moments but ill start asking this:

I love a champ that can dominate their opponent with overwhelming force. What champ do you recommend can fulfill that purpose?
If you are purely talking about domination in the lane, Leblanc, Pantheon, Annie are all strong choices.

ExecutionerK

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadPlayer6 View Post
I'd like some tips/help about farming and csing, but in mid/lategame, NOT earlygame/laning phase. Someone else phrased the situation I feel like I encounter much better than I could, so I'm just going to quote them:

I know my laning phase cs could be much improved, but I feel like my farming takes a huge hit after the first 20~25 minutes, so I was wondering if you had any advice to help with this.
The main key is to take advantage of the minion stacking and AoE skills. Majority of the time after first 15 minutes you must start the roaming game to fight for map and objective control, what this means is that the last hitting method which is often used in lane will never work. You want to abuse the use of your skills to clear minions as fast as possible so that you could assist the teammates.

If your champion cannot do AoE clear, you probably will want to autoattack the full health minions while the other ones are tanking hits from your own minions, that way you will have a much better time last hitting but not completely waiting on the minions health to drop for you to kill it.

Mid or Lose

01-16-2013

Hi Ken, Im currently trying to raise my elo im stuck at about 1100. Im think im good at Ap mid and top. My main top is Cho. And Main mid being TF.

- What would you say are champs for mid and top that are better than other at carrying a team to victory?

-Jungle Is hard to Me in s3. But I hear its one of the best ways to carry yourself out of an elo once u get good. Is this true?

-Lastly, What do you think is the most effective position to positively affect the outcome of a game if the player is good?

Thank you for your time in advance.

ExecutionerK

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manylla View Post
Hi Ken, Im currently trying to raise my elo im stuck at about 1100. Im think im good at Ap mid and top. My main top is Cho. And Main mid being TF.

- What would you say are champs for mid and top that are better than other at carrying a team to victory?

-Jungle Is hard to Me in s3. But I hear its one of the best ways to carry yourself out of an elo once u get good. Is this true?

-Lastly, What do you think is the most effective position to positively affect the outcome of a game if the player is good?

Thank you for your time in advance.
Late game cho is more of a tank rather than carry, champions such as Olaf, Jax, Kayle and more are stronger and scale better in most cases.

As for mid, TF is fine, however, there are very very few people that actually master TF. You will have to put a lot of effort into playing him to learn the position and timing well.

Personally I still believe that mid and jungle are the two best positions for carrying a team in solo queue.

Once again, mid or jungle. This is hugely due to their position of the map, which allow them to assist all other lanes much easier compare to top or bottom.

khingkhayo

01-17-2013

Quote:
If you are purely talking about domination in the lane, Leblanc, Pantheon, Annie are all strong choices.
Alright lemme rephrase that before I ask my next question: I enjoy charging into the heat of battle (to say it dramatically) and dish out a lot of damage. What champ do you think is excellent for that role?

My next question is related to my teamfighting contribution; rather, I feel I'm not providing much in the fight, nor do I really understand when it's a good time to go in and if I need to back out of it. Tips?

Pobbes

01-17-2013

Hey Ken,
Long time reader, first time replier. You just mentioned mastering TF. Can you give a good core build for TF?

ExecutionerK

01-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by khingkhayo View Post
Alright lemme rephrase that before I ask my next question: I enjoy charging into the heat of battle (to say it dramatically) and dish out a lot of damage. What champ do you think is excellent for that role?

My next question is related to my teamfighting contribution; rather, I feel I'm not providing much in the fight, nor do I really understand when it's a good time to go in and if I need to back out of it. Tips?
1. Olaf, he can literrally run past the entire enemy team, doing damage and slow the enemy with the axe at the same time, and still reach the enemy carries.

2. Think before you start the game. If you are the tanky (frontline) then you should be there at the beginning of the fight. If you are any type of caster than you want to cast the spells ASAP to put them on cooldown while not endangering yourself, and if you are playing champions that have cooldown reset on kills or assists (like master yi, Kat, Kha) then you want to join the battle right after the enemy use their first rotation of spells.