Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoLash View Post
I'm looking for some range in my roster for AP mid carries. I have Ryze and Katarina, and was going to save up for Cass, but they all seem to be stated as short range casters.

I know you mention kennen and anivia a lot, but what do you think of Zyra compared to Anivia in terms of mana problems, cc and teamfight aoe? I also like the fact that I can play her as an agressive support if needed.
Zyra have literally no answer to AD mid these days, as her snare got nerfed really hard, as well as her passive.

Currently she is much better as a support than mid, indirect nerf such as the reposition on wraith camp also slow her down on taking jungle camp as ap mid.

Ethri

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2013

1. If you lose your tower first and the enemy minions are pushing, would it be better to freeze the lane outside the 2nd tower to deny the enemy team a lane of exp or push the wave and help the team?
-(How does this answer change depending on role, current champion (mid vs late game champion), and in-game time?)

2. In bottom lane, is it wise to try and freeze the minion waves right out of tower range?
-I would imagine it would make the player much more prone to harass because any counter-harass would result in the enemy minions taking off a good portion of your health. So would it be better to only try to freeze the minions at your tower if your jungler is in the bottom jungle?

3. When the jungler is ganking, is there a reliable way to start a fight without being too obvious (especially when they would obviously win a trade with no outside help, therefore being more suspicious)?

ExecutionerK

01-11-2013

1. This is hugely affected by the team. General rule of thumb is that if you outscale the enemy/ too far behind to fight, then you want to farm. However, if the enemy have a tower dive team comp, then you need to ask yourself, whether it is necessary for you to be with the team or not.

2. There are two positions that is good for bottom lane to freeze minions at. A. Right outside of enemy turret, B. Right outside of your turret.

Freezing minions right outside of your turret is obvious, safe for you.

However, if you freeze the minions right outside of enemy turret. The moment you push in the enemy is really in danger, as a huge minion wave is good for tower dive (a huge loss of gold even if the tower dive fails)

3. Too situational

LarcyBrown

01-11-2013

1.Ideally you want to respond to what the enemy team will do next as well.
Your team should play defensive, your support should roam and you should freeze the lane at second tower.

2.As support i kinda hate it when adc do that early game, dun make it that any harass on the enemy will result in agro of a overly high number of minions , enemy pushes the lane you should too.
Unless your the type thats super confident on tower farming.

Duhizy

01-13-2013

jungler question: you have two options in the early game, 1. gank the lane that got FB and help snowball the game possibly, 2. gank the lane that got killed once early and maybe save the game before the lane snowballs to hard. In the end the question is whether to camp the lane thats doing well vs the lane thats savable but is doing bad, iv been in many games were i made the wrong choice early game and it resulted in a bot lane snowballing out of control and losing the game or gaining a flawless victory because i snowballed the lane that got FB and got fed off it.

ExecutionerK

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by duhizy View Post
jungler question: you have two options in the early game, 1. gank the lane that got FB and help snowball the game possibly, 2. gank the lane that got killed once early and maybe save the game before the lane snowballs to hard. In the end the question is whether to camp the lane thats doing well vs the lane thats savable but is doing bad, iv been in many games were i made the wrong choice early game and it resulted in a bot lane snowballing out of control and losing the game or gaining a flawless victory because i snowballed the lane that got FB and got fed off it.
In this case, I favor ganking the lane with better CC. If they are about the same, go for the one with higher damage, and if they are still about the same, go with the one that scale harder into mid or late game.

Duhizy

01-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
In this case, I favor ganking the lane with better CC. If they are about the same, go for the one with higher damage, and if they are still about the same, go with the one that scale harder into mid or late game.
what if your put in a situation where none of those are the lane that is losing? do you then decide that this lane wont benefit even if i gank it and try to snowball another lane while watching the enemy get fed?

iDpark

01-14-2013

Lol.

burning Flashes, or getting opponents low on hp gives your laner the advantage.
Lanes will probably benefit from a gank, the question is, is it worth it?

Lower elo is about finding you most skilled laner, get them fed, and merely prevent everyone else from losing their lane. Everyone has a much bigger difference in skill than in high elo.

I counterjungle + ward for my lanes when I feel the ganks aren't worth sticking around for 2 minutes.
Carry pinks as a jungler, and if you can solo dragon, take advantage of that fact.

Duhizy

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDpark View Post
Lol.

burning Flashes, or getting opponents low on hp gives your laner the advantage.
Lanes will probably benefit from a gank, the question is, is it worth it?

Lower elo is about finding you most skilled laner, get them fed, and merely prevent everyone else from losing their lane. Everyone has a much bigger difference in skill than in high elo.

I counterjungle + ward for my lanes when I feel the ganks aren't worth sticking around for 2 minutes.
Carry pinks as a jungler, and if you can solo dragon, take advantage of that fact.
how about in a situation where preventing your lanes from losing is the best you can muster in a specific game? making sure that my lanes dont lose requires me to gank for them not to short after they get killed in lane to even things back up before the enemy is allowed to snowball out of control, ideally one of your lanes might win and you can have more time to make sure other lanes dont lose but that still doesnt allow u enough time to camp your best player to get him fed. Is it at this point where you decide to gank the lane that is mostly likely to succeed and hope to god that if that lane isnt the one thats winning that the enemy wont snowball and end the game before you get there?

khingkhayo

01-16-2013

ive a plethora of questions i could ask at any given moments but ill start asking this:

I love a champ that can dominate their opponent with overwhelming force. What champ do you recommend can fulfill that purpose?