Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethri View Post
I was wondering, what should an ADC do if they are focused by someone such as Xin Zhao or Master Yi (before GA). Most people are not willing to try to peel even if you are the most fed person on the team.
Run and kite, take all the available red buff and try your best to survive.

Usually you want to type it out so that at least the support or jungler will want to peel for you, but if both of them don't, don't even think about doing damage to people other than the one that is diving you, just kite it.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezasama View Post
What's your best hope of contesting dragon at, say around the 20 minute mark, if your team is ~8k behind in gold? Assuming that both teams are prepared, keeping track of dragon timers, etc. Our team would probably lose a 5v5 teamfight straight up, so would stealing dragon be the best (if not only) option at this point?

On a similar note, what's the best way to come back from a huge gold deficit like that? Push towers when the enemy is out of position? Try to farm safely using adequate ward coverage?
In my opinion, farming is always the safest way, however, there is a huge problem with farming.

Unless you have a right team comp (such as Anivia as ap mid) and you guys outscale the enemy, otherwise farming will usually lead to a huge loss of map objectives.

What I tend to recommend people is to put down pink ward at important area and ambush them (such as purple blue buff, and both wraith camp bush) an Oracle is also worth buying if you guys plan on all-in.

***Camping never get old...Camping the right way can easily win you a game lol.

Ethri

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
Quote:
I was wondering, what should an ADC do if they are focused by someone such as Xin Zhao or Master Yi (before GA). Most people are not willing to try to peel even if you are the most fed person on the team.
Run and kite, take all the available red buff and try your best to survive.

Usually you want to type it out so that at least the support or jungler will want to peel for you, but if both of them don't, don't even think about doing damage to people other than the one that is diving you, just kite it.
I think I should rephrase the question. I don't know how a person would kite Master Yi/ Teemo with FM/ Kassadin/ Akali. Would it be better to kite towards my team (possible chance of more help but more likely to be focused by other enemies) or away from my team (less likely to receive team help and be killed by the assassin(s)).

ExecutionerK

01-07-2013

Quote:
I think I should rephrase the question. I don't know how a person would kite Master Yi/ Teemo with FM/ Kassadin/ Akali. Would it be better to kite towards my team (possible chance of more help but more likely to be focused by other enemies) or away from my team (less likely to receive team help and be killed by the assassin(s)).
That will depend on the stage of the game. Mid game Master Yi or Akali will tend to do more damage than you, so you must kite toward your team for assistance, while late game you will have bigger damage and can lifesteal to sustain, thus making it better for you to kite away from the team so no one else can focus you.

Sokolniki

01-07-2013

I did a match as a Jungler against a Jungle Fiddlesticks... I started out by invading their Blue Buff with 3 of my team mates, with the fifth player dropping a ward on our own blue buff. We got spotted fairly late, though I doubt they saw it was only the four of us as they vacated the area. Shortly after I got the blue buff and my team dashed for their lanes in time to not cede any significant XP advantage.

At about that time though, Fiddles was spotted at our blue and my camper waited long enough for Fiddles to prepare a smite before jumping him, scoring FB and getting the blue buff to take with him back to bottom lane for virtually no HP lost... I was in river on an intercept course if Fiddles tried to flash away. After that, I stole his red buff, picked up wraith camp on my way out and he was pretty much a non-factor for the whole rest of the game.

But having initiated such a hard counter jungle start... it left an uneasy feeling in that I could very well end up on the receiving end of such an aggressive jungler centric strategy; so my question is... what would be the proper response to such a start? If his team accompanies him to blue, they are vulnerable to a lvl 1 team fight with the jungler at lvl 2 with favorable positioning and vision... or a level disadvantage across all lanes if the aggressor team returns to lane instead with my camper possibly landing free damage through long range abilities if available... and if the Jungler goes for the blue steal alone, he's liable to get pounded into the ground by a Carry or Mid and giving them the blue buff to start with, as was exactly the case in this match.

ExecutionerK

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokolniki View Post
I did a match as a Jungler against a Jungle Fiddlesticks... I started out by invading their Blue Buff with 3 of my team mates, with the fifth player dropping a ward on our own blue buff. We got spotted fairly late, though I doubt they saw it was only the four of us as they vacated the area. Shortly after I got the blue buff and my team dashed for their lanes in time to not cede any significant XP advantage.

At about that time though, Fiddles was spotted at our blue and my camper waited long enough for Fiddles to prepare a smite before jumping him, scoring FB and getting the blue buff to take with him back to bottom lane for virtually no HP lost... I was in river on an intercept course if Fiddles tried to flash away. After that, I stole his red buff, picked up wraith camp on my way out and he was pretty much a non-factor for the whole rest of the game.

But having initiated such a hard counter jungle start... it left an uneasy feeling in that I could very well end up on the receiving end of such an aggressive jungler centric strategy; so my question is... what would be the proper response to such a start? If his team accompanies him to blue, they are vulnerable to a lvl 1 team fight with the jungler at lvl 2 with favorable positioning and vision... or a level disadvantage across all lanes if the aggressor team returns to lane instead with my camper possibly landing free damage through long range abilities if available... and if the Jungler goes for the blue steal alone, he's liable to get pounded into the ground by a Carry or Mid and giving them the blue buff to start with, as was exactly the case in this match.
This will be more about premade strats so beaware if you are trying to do it in solo queue

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Generally speaking there are couples of junglers that you MUST secure blue buff for him, which includes but not limited to: Fiddlestick, Maokai, Amumu.

These junglers jungle much slower without the blue buff and tends to fail really hard if not.

There are two things that is commonly used by ranked teams to solve this problem (especially on preparing for invades)

1. Drop a ward on blue and invade enemy blue as 4 or 5 (depend on the side, for exampling in most cases if you are on blue side and you invade the enemy purple, there will usually be 4 people from purple side)

2. Secure your blue via complete jungle coverage.

Securing the blue is more common, but since you are asking about what he should have done, I will skip this part.

Fiddle is really vulnerable while he is taking blue buff, especially at level 1. Not only he shouldn't be doing it alone, but he actually need both mid and top in order to be safe (And even in that case, a summoner might need to be used for escape)

He should completely give up on getting blue (if other lanes cannot assist him) and go do red buff (to hit instant level 2) and do normal jungle route, hoping that he can slowly catch up on the game.

Sokolniki

01-07-2013

Quote:
2. Secure your blue via complete jungle coverage.

Securing the blue is more common, but since you are asking about what he should have done, I will skip this part.
It would be terribly irresponsible on my part to allow that information to be skipped, and I'd be too nervous to ever play the Blue Dependent Junglers (I'll just call them BDJ) again if I didn't know that there are multiple options available.

Also, having noted the Invade strategy for BDJ Start would necessitate a similar "Cover or Invade" opening for your own Jungler unless you know for certain the opposing team opted for a "Cover" approach.

ExecutionerK

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokolniki View Post
It would be terribly irresponsible on my part to allow that information to be skipped, and I'd be too nervous to ever play the Blue Dependent Junglers (I'll just call them BDJ) again if I didn't know that there are multiple options available.

Also, having noted the Invade strategy for BDJ Start would necessitate a similar "Cover or Invade" opening for your own Jungler unless you know for certain the opposing team opted for a "Cover" approach.
Unless you are doing late invade and charge at the enemy blue at 1:34 to 1:40, you usually can cover the jungle completely. there are only 4 main entrances in the jungle, and 1 in the middle lane, so if everyone watch an entrance (or drop a ward for it) you can completely prepare for any invade while you are defending.

** Careful though, you never know whether someone will play like iG and use corki as a mobile ward lol.

Sokolniki

01-07-2013

Quote:
U
** Careful though, you never know whether someone will play like iG and use corki as a mobile ward lol.
Looks like I'm going to be on youtube for a bit, lol.

EDIT: Just saw a vid of what you were talking about...

Going to be honest... giggled like a schoolgirl.

rikoLash

01-07-2013

I'm looking for some range in my roster for AP mid carries. I have Ryze and Katarina, and was going to save up for Cass, but they all seem to be stated as short range casters.

I know you mention kennen and anivia a lot, but what do you think of Zyra compared to Anivia in terms of mana problems, cc and teamfight aoe? I also like the fact that I can play her as an agressive support if needed.