Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stravvberries

Recruiter

01-06-2013

Hi Ken

I recently dropped from 1400 to 1200

I win my always win my lane, try to help other lanes, and aim the right targets in team fights. However, it seems my team is always missing some chemistry and we always fail in the late game.

Either a team mate gets caught, or we just somehow lose the teamfights.

I know it is wrong to just point my finger that my team every game. But are there more things that I can do to ensure that all my team mates listen to me? It seems with a little cooperation we could easily get the global objectives or win the teamfights.

Perhaps you could help me out with some advice? Even just general elo climbing advice would be greatly appreciated.

On a separate note, what do I do if all of the other lanes lose? What is the best way to make the best out of that situation?

Btw I play Top and Mid (or jungle when I can't get those two roles).

MadeByEdam

01-06-2013

When i should begin to play in ranked

What i should know before play in ranked

which champ i shouldnt pick - which i should highly pick (if there any)

AND how can i make my team win if ppl autolock their lane when they are first pick and when im always support cause of that ''idiots''

--- i got a good W/L ratio, a rune page and a masteries page for each champion, a champion for any situation

AND MOST IMPORTANT ----- how i get out of elo hell

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpgates View Post
Hi Ken

I recently dropped from 1400 to 1200

I win my always win my lane, try to help other lanes, and aim the right targets in team fights. However, it seems my team is always missing some chemistry and we always fail in the late game.

Either a team mate gets caught, or we just somehow lose the teamfights.

I know it is wrong to just point my finger that my team every game. But are there more things that I can do to ensure that all my team mates listen to me? It seems with a little cooperation we could easily get the global objectives or win the teamfights.

Perhaps you could help me out with some advice? Even just general elo climbing advice would be greatly appreciated.

On a separate note, what do I do if all of the other lanes lose? What is the best way to make the best out of that situation?

Btw I play Top and Mid (or jungle when I can't get those two roles).
My best advise probably will be getting good use out of pings.

Many people dislike you pinging them, but it is definitely the best method on getting people's attention (or annoy them)

As for climbing ELO, I mainly focus on two main points in any ELO range
1. The champion's ability to team fight.
2. The champion's ability to win laning phrase and scale into any stage of the game.

Ask yourself. Even if you can win your lane, is the champion strong for team fight? Do you have strong AoE cc that can change the tide of a team fight? And if the cc is strong, do you have your damage to back up after the cc is over?

This is why I always promote strong AoE champions such as Anivia or Kennen. No matter how far behind the team is. The utility from Kennen's ultimate or Anivia's wall can both completely change the tide of a team fight.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pouhahaha View Post
When i should begin to play in ranked

What i should know before play in ranked

which champ i shouldnt pick - which i should highly pick (if there any)

AND how can i make my team win if ppl autolock their lane when they are first pick and when im always support cause of that ''idiots''

--- i got a good W/L ratio, a rune page and a masteries page for each champion, a champion for any situation

AND MOST IMPORTANT ----- how i get out of elo hell
Play ranked when your normal win is ~50+ more than your losses

Champion wise you should stick with the one that will be strong in both early and late game. Late game champions such as Trist will have trouble during mid game, and early game champion such as Leblanc sucks at late game (unless you are confident enough to carry the early game)

Supports actually carry the bottom lane. Feel free to run magic pen mark for damage, and make good use out of autoattack harass on ranged support. I had played support in 1200s range before and double kill the enemy laners with sona (with almost 0 AD carry help)

Finally, defines elo hell.

elo hells exist in every elo if you lack the ability to carry the team, but by no mean it is unbreakable. All you have to do is to have a stronger back and carry them.

Drakojan

01-06-2013

When do you think I should start ranked? For me, I think I need to do two things before I'm ready to do my placement matches.
1) Learn to play with unlocked camera.
2) Win 100 draft games.

What's a good sensitivity to put my mouse on? I generally have like 30 FPS.

ExecutionerK

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakojan View Post
When do you think I should start ranked? For me, I think I need to do two things before I'm ready to do my placement matches.
1) Learn to play with unlocked camera.
2) Win 100 draft games.

What's a good sensitivity to put my mouse on? I generally have like 30 FPS.
1. Locked camera is fine if you watch your minimap. Personally I keep switching between unlcoked and locked from time to time (or press space in the middle of the fight to focus on my champ)

2. Winning is not enough, win more than you lose is really important.

As for sensitivity, it is a personal opinion, you should keep testing it.

AsianDiction

01-06-2013

Ken, what do you recommend in 1100 ELO mid game team fights? Usually the other team comes at us coordinated, like a Pantheon dropping behind us with bot lane coming from sides and mid/jungle swarming in front. In that situation, my team panics and runs even though we are together and can probably fight.

So my question is, how do you respond to a coordinated enemy team offense in solo Q at my elo? Especially if you can duke it out and win, but not having enough communication to have your team go in. I was playing Orianna in this ranked, and only after I went for their ADC with everything I got, then my team would come in and we would win that fight. Do you have to lead? Have a good score so they trust your judgement?

Ethri

01-06-2013

I was wondering, what should an ADC do if they are focused by someone such as Xin Zhao or Master Yi (before GA). Most people are not willing to try to peel even if you are the most fed person on the team.

freezasama

01-06-2013

What's your best hope of contesting dragon at, say around the 20 minute mark, if your team is ~8k behind in gold? Assuming that both teams are prepared, keeping track of dragon timers, etc. Our team would probably lose a 5v5 teamfight straight up, so would stealing dragon be the best (if not only) option at this point?

On a similar note, what's the best way to come back from a huge gold deficit like that? Push towers when the enemy is out of position? Try to farm safely using adequate ward coverage?

ExecutionerK

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianDiction View Post
Ken, what do you recommend in 1100 ELO mid game team fights? Usually the other team comes at us coordinated, like a Pantheon dropping behind us with bot lane coming from sides and mid/jungle swarming in front. In that situation, my team panics and runs even though we are together and can probably fight.

So my question is, how do you respond to a coordinated enemy team offense in solo Q at my elo? Especially if you can duke it out and win, but not having enough communication to have your team go in. I was playing Orianna in this ranked, and only after I went for their ADC with everything I got, then my team would come in and we would win that fight. Do you have to lead? Have a good score so they trust your judgement?
In most cases, you must have a good score for people to actually listen to you. If things like that happen, I will recommend turning all the focus on to one side of the battle field by double ping. Usually people take single ping as a warning and double ping as GO IN. In the above situation I will probably double ping the side with AD and support as they should be the easiest to kill.