Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sokolniki

12-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
**Corki jungle suppose to work but you will drop to 1% hp...good luck.
I can actually imagine an Udyr sneezing on his side of the jungle and scoring the kill on Corki, lol.

n00boxular

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2012

Hi ken,

I have a problem when buying items on my adcs esp when triforce is the first major item. My build path is usually:

Boots 3pots>2 dorans blade>finish boots>phage and into triforce> inf edge>phantom dancer> blood thirster> Last whisperer.

What do I delete from that to add a guardian's angel?

Also, im having difficulty finalizing a core build for xin and hecarim on both dominion and summoners rift.
Xin: Boots, Sunfire cape, wits end?
Hec: Boots, sheen, gaunlet thingy?

Drakojan

12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00boxular View Post
Hi ken,

I have a problem when buying items on my adcs esp when triforce is the first major item. My build path is usually:

Boots 3pots>2 dorans blade>finish boots>phage and into triforce> inf edge>phantom dancer> blood thirster> Last whisperer.

What do I delete from that to add a guardian's angel?

Also, im having difficulty finalizing a core build for xin and hecarim on both dominion and summoners rift.
Xin: Boots, Sunfire cape, wits end?
Hec: Boots, sheen, gaunlet thingy?
Who do you rush triforce on? If its Ezreal, don't get a Phantom Dancer. His main source of damage is making sure he lands his Q, and it'll be like a 2 second cooldown, so you should be using skills more than AAing. I like to think of him as an AD caster when I play him.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2012

I am sorry guys

I just lost my position in the Top 32, mainly because of the lag issue that had been happening to players lately.

My team lost 4 games due to that thus put us out of the top 32.

I am going to give myself a break, probably for couple of days, or up to a month, to ease the pain

I might or might not check this thread, depend on how much I want to stop thinking about League.

Thank you for everyone that had been posting, helping you guys are my pre

n00boxular

12-27-2012

damn.

ExecutionerKen

01-01-2013

K, I am back and will take questions now

Also, stream is up =] might be playing other games but i will be checking the stream chat constantly, chat room also removed.

http://www.twitch.tv/killerken62

DudeSchneider

Recruiter

01-02-2013

Hi Ken,

I main support(usually Sona/Soraka), and lately it seems my starting item build is usually biscuit+miniward, fairie charm, 4 green wards. I go back to grab philo stone as soon as possible, then rush sightstone, boots, ruby sightstone, kage, then usually start working on an aegis or something. Does this sound normal? And after I do complete the aegis, what do you feel is a good item build beyond that? I've heard mikails is good, but it goes against my nature to want to buy support items, like zekes or shurelyas.

I've also been branching out to try some other roles a little more. I've found that I'm fairly bad at last hitting. I thought my problem was just with melee champs, as I've been playing some Vi and I tend to get zoned out pretty hard, but I was trying out Veigar, and while I felt I was last hitting really well, and using my Q to last hit as much as possible, I just seemed to fall behind in cs to my lane opponent.

ExecutionerKen

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeSchneider View Post
Hi Ken,

I main support(usually Sona/Soraka), and lately it seems my starting item build is usually biscuit+miniward, fairie charm, 4 green wards. I go back to grab philo stone as soon as possible, then rush sightstone, boots, ruby sightstone, kage, then usually start working on an aegis or something. Does this sound normal? And after I do complete the aegis, what do you feel is a good item build beyond that? I've heard mikails is good, but it goes against my nature to want to buy support items, like zekes or shurelyas.

I've also been branching out to try some other roles a little more. I've found that I'm fairly bad at last hitting. I thought my problem was just with melee champs, as I've been playing some Vi and I tend to get zoned out pretty hard, but I was trying out Veigar, and while I felt I was last hitting really well, and using my Q to last hit as much as possible, I just seemed to fall behind in cs to my lane opponent.
The 4 wards start is usually really risky against certain bottom lane matchup. For example, if the enemy is Leona Ezreal, either you buy a pink ward or you must get some hp potion (or flask). This is due to the amount of poke and damage that the enemy can be done on you, as heals from Soraka and Sona will not be enough for you to sustain that during lower levels.

Build wise, You should make a choice between building philo stone and sightstone as the 1st item as well. Sometime some support can start with flask for better sustain and thus open them up to go either philo or sightstone, while other support such as sona will have mana problem, thus why they have no choice but to go philo stone first.

Kage after sightstone is actually more of a situational pick. Unless your champion needs the AP/ want to upgrade the item into twin shadow or true ice, sometime it might be worth skipping the kage and just go aura item. Due to the fact that Aegis is much more expensive and having it earlier compare to the enemy will set your team much further ahead of the enemy.

Finally, last hitting is something that practice really come into play. However, if you really have trouble last hitting, I suggest you to switch all the mark from magic pen into AD mark. Left click the minion and attack in according to your AD. As you have higher and higher cs each game, you decrease the amount of AD rune that you are using, and eventually completely remove them from your AP page. Mastery will also help but be sure that you don't fully rely on those as they will decrease your early game spell damage.

Drakojan

01-03-2013

Hey Ken, I've been really having fun with playing AP Mids right now, and I was wonderig if you had any recommendations. I'm leaning towards Kennen and Akali. Also, do you have any general AP mid tips, things that could up my normal ELO, and, when I decide to start ranked, help me do well there too?

ExecutionerKen

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakojan View Post
Hey Ken, I've been really having fun with playing AP Mids right now, and I was wonderig if you had any recommendations. I'm leaning towards Kennen and Akali. Also, do you have any general AP mid tips, things that could up my normal ELO, and, when I decide to start ranked, help me do well there too?
Kennen Ryze Anivia Talon Pantheon

Master all 5 and you will have no problem winning every single lane matchup

For AP mid, ranged ap mid should always harass with autoattack in combine with spells, while melee ap mid should avoid taking as much free harass as possible until you wear down the enemy to the point where you can kill him in one combo.

Keep in mind that ranged AP mid always have farm advantage, so make good use out of that when you are against melee ap mid, especially when it is AP mid that you must shut down early (such as Kassadin, a rare pick nowadays but nonetheless really powerful if not shut down)