Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

til Days of Blue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokolniki View Post
Actually... that Path sounds GREAT! One of the things I ran into as Kayle was that I'd actually have to wait on the wolf spawn (10-15 seconds with a decent leash) and usually spent that time doing a lvl 2 gank mid.

As per the Black Cleaver, like I said, when I jungle, I prefer not building like the true carry.

But regardless, what would be a good item to put in the place of Brut/BC then?
Zepshy? (not too sure about the spelling) is a good item due to the fact that it gives all the stats that you need.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

til Days of Blue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadPlayer6 View Post
If you have MPen marks, masteries, and plan on getting Liandry's Torment and Abyssal Scepter, do you think it's good/viable/acceptable to get CDR boots instead of sorc shoes?

(Especially for manaless APs, since DFG is their only other real item they can get for CDR. (The only other items besides DFG that provide AP and CDR but not mana or mana regen are Elixir of Brilliance, Mejai's Soulstealer, and Hextech Sweeper, and I won't bother pointing out the problem with each.))



Also, who takes Frozen Fist and who takes Frozen Heart?
Liandry is nice but there are many other items as well. The thing about liandry is that it is not worth the upgrade unless the enemy start building health. and with the updated formula for magic pen. There is close to no reason for you to not get sorc boot.

imo. Get cdr from DFG, blue, and blue elixir, and maybe mastery. You don't need anymore than that.

As for Frozen fist and frozen heart, it depends on the champ. Personally I still like frozen heart more due to 20% AS reduction is the best thing you can have to slow down an ad carry. You should build that on tanky frontline champ such as Maokai, Hecarim and more.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sokolniki

Senior Member

12-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
Zepshy? (not too sure about the spelling) is a good item due to the fact that it gives all the stats that you need.
Zephyr was already one of the core items for my Jungle Kayle, lol. Usually went Stinger > Brut > Black Cleaver > Zephyr after rushing Zerker's or Ionia (I like Ionian boots when I want to counter jungle hard).

So... what should I build as my third item assuming Stinger > Zephyr is my second item slot.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

til Days of Blue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokolniki View Post
Zephyr was already one of the core items for my Jungle Kayle, lol. Usually went Stinger > Brut > Black Cleaver > Zephyr after rushing Zerker's or Ionia (I like Ionian boots when I want to counter jungle hard).

So... what should I build as my third item assuming Stinger > Zephyr is my second item slot.

Give Nashor's tooth + Zephyr a try, that is a build recommended by one of my 2k friend.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

til Days of Blue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeepBeepToaster View Post
I am currently trying to learn how to play top as greatly as I can, but I have so many flaws that I need to get over, and was wondering if it would be possible for you to give me advice to get over these.

Like I'm playing top against someone who knows what they are doing, counter warding and stuff like that, I generally start to become afraid to push and end up sitting near my tower most the time, even if it against someone I counter, and I would love some advice to get over this.
A huge part of top lane is that the aggressive player will tend to win more. You must try to play a bit more aggressive, or just tell the jungler to camp top for first blood, then you should be so far ahead the enemy (both gold and xp wise) that he won't be able to comeback unless you make a huge mistake.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

til Days of Blue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungril View Post
Hey ken,

I'm currently interested in a new mid and adc. My options for a mid laner is either Talon or Zyra and my options for an adc are Graves, MF or Vayne. I have 3 Questions for you about these picks, which champion do you think is "best" from Talon or Zyra and Graves, MF or Vayne, If there are better picks than these who would they be, and can you please explain your answer like you always do in your answers. Thank you, once again.
Currently talon is one of the best counter mage avaliable and definitely worth to master. Zyra is also really strong and can be use as a support. I will say take Talon if you like to be an assassin or Zyra if you want to be more teamfight oriented.

As for AD carry. Buy Graves or MF if you want early game domination, with Vayne for late game.

There is no "best" or "worst" out of all these champions, but the skillcap on Vayne is pretty big and Zyra does require some position skill as well, so those two might not be as good as the other in term of learning.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sokolniki

Senior Member

12-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
Give Nashor's tooth + Zephyr a try, that is a build recommended by one of my 2k friend.
Rofl, back when Kayle was the only champ I owned... you expressly told me NOT to build Nashor's on her.

An additional 0.2 AP Coefficient on her E really makes the difference don't it.

Alright, I'll give Nashor/Zephyr on her a try... should be able to donate blue much more frequently when I want to stay perpetually topped off throughout the match.

Do you know of any other AD Carries that can jungle reliably? I tried both Corki and Graves, and both required a recall before lvl 4.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drakojan

Member

12-24-2012

This is just a general question. What do you do when you get hard countered? I mean, I know counters aren't a huge deal, but when I pick Eve and someone else picks Teemo or Kata, should I roam more than usual? Should I look for a lane swap.
Also, if you play Eve, do you have any general tips to get better with her?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

til Days of Blue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokolniki View Post
Rofl, back when Kayle was the only champ I owned... you expressly told me NOT to build Nashor's on her.

An additional 0.2 AP Coefficient on her E really makes the difference don't it.

Alright, I'll give Nashor/Zephyr on her a try... should be able to donate blue much more frequently when I want to stay perpetually topped off throughout the match.

Do you know of any other AD Carries that can jungle reliably? I tried both Corki and Graves, and both required a recall before lvl 4.
Yep, I dislike Nashoor so much even nowdays that I will go zephyr but never nashoor. However, my friend did made a point to me that with both of them he will hit super high cdr and can just get a GA and be a soft carry. Be sure that your team has a decent frontline though (from jungle most likely)

As for jungling, use this https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...der=true&gid=0

**Corki jungle suppose to work but you will drop to 1% hp...good luck.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

til Days of Blue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakojan View Post
This is just a general question. What do you do when you get hard countered? I mean, I know counters aren't a huge deal, but when I pick Eve and someone else picks Teemo or Kata, should I roam more than usual? Should I look for a lane swap.
Also, if you play Eve, do you have any general tips to get better with her?
Stack health potion. Eve's true power is at the ganking, so always roam and if you can get fed off from the enemy lane, you will start beating the **** out of your lane as well.

Lane swap generally doesn't work, because eve will lose to brusier, and doesn't have the roaming power when shes top lane or bottom lane.