Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rikoLash

12-24-2012

I'm currently focusing on AP mid. I was wondering if you could answer a few questions about champion choices.

I currently have Ryze and Kat. Both champs with high late game damage. My main problem with both of them, is enemies with superior poke, especially in the case of Ryze. I just bought Ryze yesterday and have been constantly harassed in lane. In fact, i have never won lane as him. Any tips on getting in range to harass without taking harass before and after being able to do any damage, or is that just something I have to deal with most games?

In terms of champions with more poke, could you perhaps say a couple of strong mid champs that have really strong poke, in terms of mana cost and how easy they are to dodge? For example kat's Q is extremely easy to harass with against some champions because they must expend mana to harass me back. I've tried Lux also, but she has mana restraints like most people but also long cooldowns.

Any suggestions on Ryze or future Ap Carry's?

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarcyBrown View Post
How much slow effects reduction you get when you have tenacious and relentless masteries and when you have zephyr and boots of switness.i know it stacks multiplicatevely but dunno how to do the math.

Care to find out for me o.o?
Ahhh, it is always starting from 100% then just keep multipling by the % after the reduction, so for example if you have merc thread and then 15% reduction from relentless, it will be something like

100% - 35% = 65%
65% x (100% - 15%) = 55.25%

aka the reduction will be 55.25%

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungril View Post
Hey Ken,

coming at you with another question about a AD carries. I'm very unfamiliar with the ad carry role and have no idea who are the top tier adc carries in current meta. So yeah, i ask you the question, who would you suggest to me the top tier ad carries. I'm currently interested in M, what are your thoughts, is she worth buying, what does she excel in and what she is weak at, etc. Thanks so much.
Currently most AD carries are viable, which includes Graves, Corki, Ezreal, Vayne, Kog, MF, Ashe, Caitlyn...

However, whenever you are picking an AD carry, it is best that you can work with your support as well. For example, while Soraka gives Vayne huge sustain, it is stupid because soraka can never pee for Vayne in later phrase of the game.

ExecutionerKen

12-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokolniki View Post
Finally got a brand new computer that can play this game at a competitive pace and am re-acquainting myself to PvP (Mostly did Co-Op on a computer that could barely keep 15 FPS for the past 7-8 months).

In two of those matches, I ran Jungle Kayle with a Wolf > Blue > Wraith > Wolf > Red path... then build Zerker Greaves after jungling/ganking enough to buy it + Ward.

In both matches, I build Stinger and Brutalizer next, and then upgraded those into Zephyr and Black Cleaver accordingly.

My question is this, would you consider this staring build order viable for a Jungle Kayle, and if so... Brut before Stinger or Stinger first, and Black Cleaver before Zephyr or the other way around? And what would you suggest to build afterwards, in both matches, the enemy team surrendered before I could try to build towards IE or BotRK.

P.S: This build is designed for the purpose of serving as a "Soft Carry" role in addition to the main carry in bottom lane.
For jungle path I guess going with wolves -> blue (smiteless) -> red to hit a quick level 3. Kayle's level 3 do a lot more damage and will speed your jungle up a lot faster.

As for builds, Personally I dislike Black cleaver, mainly because Kayle wants more attack speed, and armor reduction isn't as important as the AS.

ExecutionerKen

12-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoLash View Post
I'm currently focusing on AP mid. I was wondering if you could answer a few questions about champion choices.

I currently have Ryze and Kat. Both champs with high late game damage. My main problem with both of them, is enemies with superior poke, especially in the case of Ryze. I just bought Ryze yesterday and have been constantly harassed in lane. In fact, i have never won lane as him. Any tips on getting in range to harass without taking harass before and after being able to do any damage, or is that just something I have to deal with most games?

In terms of champions with more poke, could you perhaps say a couple of strong mid champs that have really strong poke, in terms of mana cost and how easy they are to dodge? For example kat's Q is extremely easy to harass with against some champions because they must expend mana to harass me back. I've tried Lux also, but she has mana restraints like most people but also long cooldowns.

Any suggestions on Ryze or future Ap Carry's?
There are some matchup that is really difficult for Ryze to win, such as against Cassiopedia.

The problem with a lot of Ryze player is that they often fail to combo well with their autoattacks and their spells. I believe I had posted an example about how to stick in 2 autos if possible to increase your damage output. Especially since they buffed Ryze's autoattack animaion few months back, it is much easier to do it now.

Obviously Ryze's early game is not as strong as most champions due to his amazing mid- late game performance. So early game you probably just want to aim for a tear. After that, you can build merc thread if the enemy is heavy on cc, or jump straight to RoA and you should be winning fights due to huge mana pool with decent amount of health. then start building resist as you don't need any additional AP to do damage.

Sokolniki

12-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
For jungle path I guess going with wolves -> blue (smiteless) -> red to hit a quick level 3. Kayle's level 3 do a lot more damage and will speed your jungle up a lot faster.

As for builds, Personally I dislike Black cleaver, mainly because Kayle wants more attack speed, and armor reduction isn't as important as the AS.
Actually... that Path sounds GREAT! One of the things I ran into as Kayle was that I'd actually have to wait on the wolf spawn (10-15 seconds with a decent leash) and usually spent that time doing a lvl 2 gank mid.

As per the Black Cleaver, like I said, when I jungle, I prefer not building like the true carry.

But regardless, what would be a good item to put in the place of Brut/BC then?

Bad Player

12-24-2012

If you have MPen marks, masteries, and plan on getting Liandry's Torment and Abyssal Scepter, do you think it's good/viable/acceptable to get CDR boots instead of sorc shoes?

(Especially for manaless APs, since DFG is their only other real item they can get for CDR. (The only other items besides DFG that provide AP and CDR but not mana or mana regen are Elixir of Brilliance, Mejai's Soulstealer, and Hextech Sweeper, and I won't bother pointing out the problem with each.))

Also, who takes Frozen Fist and who takes Frozen Heart?

BeepBeepToaster

12-24-2012

I am currently trying to learn how to play top as greatly as I can, but I have so many flaws that I need to get over, and was wondering if it would be possible for you to give me advice to get over these.

Like I'm playing top against someone who knows what they are doing, counter warding and stuff like that, I generally start to become afraid to push and end up sitting near my tower most the time, even if it against someone I counter, and I would love some advice to get over this.

Mungril

12-24-2012

Hey ken,

I'm currently interested in a new mid and adc. My options for a mid laner is either Talon or Zyra and my options for an adc are Graves, MF or Vayne. I have 3 Questions for you about these picks, which champion do you think is "best" from Talon or Zyra and Graves, MF or Vayne, If there are better picks than these who would they be, and can you please explain your answer like you always do in your answers. Thank you, once again.

Qsario

12-24-2012

Ken, you might want to edit those two hilarious typos in the quote about Soraka/Vayne...

I know what you meant, but I had to read that twice due to WTFing hard when I saw that.