Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afael View Post
Would it be worth to get Diana now?
With all the complain that people are putting on the forums, I can't entirely decide whether to get her or not. Did the recent nerfs made her harder to play, which Im fine with, or did they make her unplayable?
Im currently trying to get a good pool of champions for most roles, and feel that APC is something I must be able to play. The only mid option I have at the moment is Talon, who is a situational counterpick.
And if Diana is something you wouldn't recommend, what other mid champion would you suggest?
The recent nerf make her really hard to play, but she is definitely playable and viable in reasonable amount of team comp

I will say that Riot did nerf her too much, but nonetheless she is still a viable pick due to the tankiness and cc that she can brings as a tanky AP.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBBy ******** View Post
Best carry out of the following for low (1200s) elo?

TF, anivia, kat, karthus, morg, LB. They are my best.

All I keep hearing is "it doesn't matter what champ in your elo" blah blah, but I feel like that is not correct. I can go 5-0 kat or do well with TF, but once I get focused late game (and for kat just one cc for my ult) and they build more defensive I just die too easily.

For TF in team fights.. should I be prioritizing a yellow stun on the adc, or should I throw reds for aoe damage?

Out of those 6 mentioned above, who would be the SAFEST pick if I was a top pick and didn't know who the enemy mid was?
All of those champions can easily carry a game if played right. For example, at 1200 people sucks at responsing to harass. If you are TF and you are ahead in the game, all the other lanes will get **** on, no doubt about that.
* The decision between yellow card and red card vary, for sure is that yellow card is never wrong to pull out, but red card can be better if you are ahead of the enemy + they are stacking up.

One well placed wall from Anivia will end the game.

Kat shines not because of her ultimate but because of her ability to reset her skills, if you are purely focusing on her ultimate for damage, you are playing her wrong.

Karthus is annoying as hell if you know what you are doing. If you can land all the lay waste on the enemy, chances are you will be much bigger and scarier than the enemy AP mid.

Finally, Morg and LB are more situational pick. I dislike both of the picks but I had seen a lot of people carrying with them.

Pick Anivia if you are actually skilled, just remember to bring armor if the enemy is going bruiser mid.

Qsario

12-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
Finally, Morg and LB are more situational pick. I dislike both of the picks but I had seen a lot of people carrying with them.
At low enough ELO, people just can't handle even a bad Morganna. I say this as a terrible one who had a champion trade bug out in ranked (both hit trade instantly, got stuck "waiting" for other person) and ended up as Morganna mid with support runes & masteries. Only to go on and mistakenly max Q instead of W, getting a mere ~40 CS@10 minutes.

But even I can't screw up black shield vs. Kassadin's harass all the time. And even I can Q+W you under my turret if you're so afraid of a bad Morganna that you constantly dive me at level 4 and just feed me for no reason. And even I can turret hug if you're just going to push the lane all the time. Jungler Hecarim may have a ton of movespeed on me, but it's not really going to do him much good when he charges straight at me and makes missing the Q nearly impossible.

Sadness

12-22-2012

How do you beat or counter Lee sin Mid? I've versed it twice at mid, it seems to snowballing quickly if I get ganked or make 1 mistake and then he proceeds to win the game for the team. What is a suitable way to beat him?

ExecutionerK

12-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadness View Post
How do you beat or counter Lee sin Mid? I've versed it twice at mid, it seems to snowballing quickly if I get ganked or make 1 mistake and then he proceeds to win the game for the team. What is a suitable way to beat him?
Counter him by doing more in team fight.

A lot of mage have more cc and will do more in a team fight compare to lee sin. You will lose the lane but you shouldn't lose any team fight.

Afael

12-22-2012

Hi, I have another question.
Whenever I watch a tournament play, or a high-elo stream, there is always a number of banned champions. I understand most of them, except for Shen. Is he getting constantly banned just because of his ultimate? Is there anything else to it? For example, Blitzcrank's grab stays viable throughout the game, and he packs a lot of CC on top of, making him a significant threat.
P.S. Thank you for answering the Diana question.

ExecutionerK

12-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afael View Post
Hi, I have another question.
Whenever I watch a tournament play, or a high-elo stream, there is always a number of banned champions. I understand most of them, except for Shen. Is he getting constantly banned just because of his ultimate? Is there anything else to it? For example, Blitzcrank's grab stays viable throughout the game, and he packs a lot of CC on top of, making him a significant threat.
P.S. Thank you for answering the Diana question.
Shen is often banned due to his ability to turn a fight in the other team's favor. For example, if you have a 3v2 situation on bottom lane. You can make it 4v2 or 3v3. Which in any case wiill probably give you huge advantage. It is true that his teleport will probably make him lose his lane. But he can trade it off with a turret, kills or dragon, which makes the action totally worth it.

Also, late game split push is really strong, because it is often really easy to see a turret dive coming, and that allows Shen to split push and just get back with his ultimate.

LarcyBrown

12-22-2012

How much slow effects reduction you get when you have tenacious and relentless masteries and when you have zephyr and boots of switness.i know it stacks multiplicatevely but dunno how to do the math.

Care to find out for me o.o?

Mungril

12-22-2012

Hey Ken,

coming at you with another question about a AD carries. I'm very unfamiliar with the ad carry role and have no idea who are the top tier adc carries in current meta. So yeah, i ask you the question, who would you suggest to me the top tier ad carries. I'm currently interested in M, what are your thoughts, is she worth buying, what does she excel in and what she is weak at, etc. Thanks so much.

Sokolniki

12-22-2012

Finally got a brand new computer that can play this game at a competitive pace and am re-acquainting myself to PvP (Mostly did Co-Op on a computer that could barely keep 15 FPS for the past 7-8 months).

In two of those matches, I ran Jungle Kayle with a Wolf > Blue > Wraith > Wolf > Red path... then build Zerker Greaves after jungling/ganking enough to buy it + Ward.

In both matches, I build Stinger and Brutalizer next, and then upgraded those into Zephyr and Black Cleaver accordingly.

My question is this, would you consider this staring build order viable for a Jungle Kayle, and if so... Brut before Stinger or Stinger first, and Black Cleaver before Zephyr or the other way around? And what would you suggest to build afterwards, in both matches, the enemy team surrendered before I could try to build towards IE or BotRK.

P.S: This build is designed for the purpose of serving as a "Soft Carry" role in addition to the main carry in bottom lane.