Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

I3ehindu

12-18-2012

I'm looking for advice on positioning of an ADC, I think I can manage it well, but sometimes I try to overdo it, and champions make me position a ton different, I find that I can do it very well with ezreal but it's hard to acutally get in the right spot with graves for some reason

Do you have any advice on how I can get better at it, other than just practice practice practice which I have been doing.

Thanks

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

A huge part to AD carry is to space out and combo your autoattack with skills effectively. For example, many people will charge in and poke the enemy with tumble, little knowing that they could have autoattack once and then use tumble to reset autoattack for another hit. Similarly with Ezreal, Auto > Q > Auto is the most basic combo, but people will often only poke with Q or autoattacks

My WIII frozed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

Hello lately i've been playing Nidalee. I found her amazing and really fun to play with. Just killing anybody that you find randomly Right now I know I ain't good with her (even though i always finish 10/3/16 => i could die less) because I just sit in lane farming on the jungler and their top, coming once in a while mid for a gank. SO ze problem is I lose most of my games with a good score, sometimes because I decide not to end and pay that hard, sometimes because i sit too long in my lane, but here's the real deal I don't know how to really play Nid how should i act all through out the game? How do you play Nid in a team fight (I usually sit behind and spear the target we want to kill and heal the best target depending on the situation and picking up kill on people left a bit off their team (Kinda like a predator actually o.o)) Now Note that I play her as AP (I've only played her like around 6 time) i'll try her Ad/bruiser soon and i'm pretty sure she'll be more effective. My first build was taking boots then going sheen right away lich bane and upping my boots in sorc then going hat and late game Ap items. Tehn I tried going Morellos evil tome following with tears and sheen upping my sheen and getting hat. Last game i did i took tears, catalyst, sheen => rod lich and tear Up and after that hat. I'm wondering at what part i should get hat and if getting rod is necessary (I really do think so) and if tear + catalyst is too long before i get my hat. That's about it for Nidalee but i'll ask you another question
I'm currently at 1600 (lost 50 in1h30 ouch thewn stopped) and well the game i've been losing oh and nvm... i'll answer that myself
Err I'd like to know Bot lanes I mean their counters and their strengh. last season when i was 1450 iused to duo bot lane with my friend and i discovered that leona was kinda weak against taric in lane, that tristana is very strong against sona, that nunu counters well when vs a taric but since i'm more playing top and adc these days, i've lost my analectic powah and so i'd like some advice on that. I'd also like advice on team comp. Theres aoe team comp, poking team comp. late game/money comp, initiate comp. I'd like to know when theyMre the strongest in the game what time should not exceed the game. I also think Initiate abilities are really important in game. and yea i'm 1600 right now but would like to reach 1800+ I really think I can Cya thanks

Cash

12-19-2012

After you posted on a thread I created yesterday, I decided to look you up because you know your stuff really well. I find you on so many threads helping out players that need it, which is great.

Just wanted to pass by and say thank you for being so active in the community, thinking about others, sharing your knowledge and being so dedicated for looking at all these pages, question after question, page after page to answer them carefully.

One last thing: You mentioned 1 on 1 tutoring, how does this work?

ExecutionerKen

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by My WIII frozed View Post
Hello lately i've been playing Nidalee. I found her amazing and really fun to play with. Just killing anybody that you find randomly Right now I know I ain't good with her (even though i always finish 10/3/16 => i could die less) because I just sit in lane farming on the jungler and their top, coming once in a while mid for a gank. SO ze problem is I lose most of my games with a good score, sometimes because I decide not to end and pay that hard, sometimes because i sit too long in my lane, but here's the real deal I don't know how to really play Nid how should i act all through out the game? How do you play Nid in a team fight (I usually sit behind and spear the target we want to kill and heal the best target depending on the situation and picking up kill on people left a bit off their team (Kinda like a predator actually o.o)) Now Note that I play her as AP (I've only played her like around 6 time) i'll try her Ad/bruiser soon and i'm pretty sure she'll be more effective. My first build was taking boots then going sheen right away lich bane and upping my boots in sorc then going hat and late game Ap items. Tehn I tried going Morellos evil tome following with tears and sheen upping my sheen and getting hat. Last game i did i took tears, catalyst, sheen => rod lich and tear Up and after that hat. I'm wondering at what part i should get hat and if getting rod is necessary (I really do think so) and if tear + catalyst is too long before i get my hat. That's about it for Nidalee but i'll ask you another question
I'm currently at 1600 (lost 50 in1h30 ouch thewn stopped) and well the game i've been losing oh and nvm... i'll answer that myself
Err I'd like to know Bot lanes I mean their counters and their strengh. last season when i was 1450 iused to duo bot lane with my friend and i discovered that leona was kinda weak against taric in lane, that tristana is very strong against sona, that nunu counters well when vs a taric but since i'm more playing top and adc these days, i've lost my analectic powah and so i'd like some advice on that. I'd also like advice on team comp. Theres aoe team comp, poking team comp. late game/money comp, initiate comp. I'd like to know when theyMre the strongest in the game what time should not exceed the game. I also think Initiate abilities are really important in game. and yea i'm 1600 right now but would like to reach 1800+ I really think I can Cya thanks

Would you mind to space them out or just ask your question? I tried to read it and got nothing more than tear, Morellos evil tome, and ....Rod on AP Nidalee?

My build for AP nid is chalice, (athene if they have high AP damage), deathcap, sorc boot, voidstaff or lich bane, into GA.

ExecutionerKen

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by eel View Post
After you posted on a thread I created yesterday, I decided to look you up because you know your stuff really well. I find you on so many threads helping out players that need it, which is great.

Just wanted to pass by and say thank you for being so active in the community, thinking about others, sharing your knowledge and being so dedicated for looking at all these pages, question after question, page after page to answer them carefully.

One last thing: You mentioned 1 on 1 tutoring, how does this work?
I used to do 1on1 tutoring with people on skype, mainly talking about runes, masteries and go over mistakes that had been made in people games by watching replay or spectating them

However, I had been trying to play ranked 5s really competitively for the past few months. Currently my team basically secured the top 32 teams in NA and we had been practicing different stuff for a long time, making the tutoring won't be possible til later time.

Mungril

12-19-2012

Hey Ken,

I've started to get really into Top lane instead of jungle and was very curious of who are some top picks. So i thought straight away to ask you, who are some good top lane picks at the moment. Thanks ken.

ExecutionerKen

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungril View Post
Hey Ken,

I've started to get really into Top lane instead of jungle and was very curious of who are some top picks. So i thought straight away to ask you, who are some good top lane picks at the moment. Thanks ken.
Atm. Jax, Olaf, Chogath, Irelia, Darius all have they strong area

Jax is super powerful. Especially with the Blade of the Ruin King. This item allows him to solo baron by 16 minutes.

Olaf is strong due to his ability to ignore cc during his ultimate. This opens him up to break the wall that is used to protect the carries

Chogath is just tanky and hard to deal with. If he gets ahead he will just tank and dive all day

Irelia's ability to ignore cc, doing true damage, and have stun to turn around fights make her one of the most annoying top laner for the enemy carries. Her sustain is also really strong compare to most solo top as well.

Darius : Dunk with true damage all day with strong damage. Pull is also really powerful tool in teamfight, not to mention that he has the ability to outlane most solo top. Becareful though, he doesn't have escape.

Spanky1337

12-20-2012

I need some general help regarding top lane.
I've started playing solo que ranked recently, and my favorite role is top (not that I won't play other lanes) and my favorite heroes are Jax, Wukong, and Singed. My only game in ranked as wukong unfortunately my teammates fed them roughly 20 kills, and my entire PC locked up about 9 minutes in (ended up losing around 28 minutes, with me having 0 deaths, 5 supports, and 2nd highest creep score despite DCing).

I'm wondering if Wukong is still a good top lane champ because I can farm well, but never really do much damage on him. His ult is wonderful initiation, but sometimes it doesn't feel strong enough.

I also enjoy singed when we need a tank, but find I do terribly with his early game. How can I have a better early game with singed? Will it perhaps help to have a tank rune page? I just recently got all the runes together to finish up a rune page with health, mr, and armor.

I've also tried to simply avoid dying in top, and farming as best I can. I generally have less then 3 deaths, and am often positive. Even when I get countered I generally farm well, and simply gank other lanes if I can't do anything to hinder my lane specifically. Is this an effective strategy? When I face an Olaf as Jax I generally find myself sitting back, and farming as best I can while avoiding death. Often sitting under the tower and waiting on a jungle gank to push him back so I can recall and heal. Is this an effective strategy?

Thanks for reading and answering all this.

ExecutionerKen

12-20-2012

1. Wukong is still a decent solo top if the matchup is in his favor.

2. Singed's early game is suppose to be much weaker than most solo top. Sometime it is nice to get full armor rune page just for that early game against other bruiser.

3. Some champions are good at outscaling the others, while some other must use their early game well. Examples: Riven got to use that early game, Jax can often outscale. So yes, farming is a legit way to win if you have the right champion.