Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Boss FBH

12-17-2012

Hey Ken, we got in a couple arguments over elo hell, and i just decided that im done ranting about the broken system and ready to get better. I just have one question and you seem like a knowledgeable person. i went on a TERRIBLE streak and lost like 7-8 ranked games in a row. Ya i know i wanted to kill myself. 4 of them involved afks or leavers but anyways, im working my way back up pretty quick. I believe in my last 10 games ive lost 2 ranked and won 4-5. Ive noticed that when i was at 1200 elo my win gave me +20 generally. Now my wins are giving me between +10 and +17. At this right im going to have to win twice as many games as i lost to get back up. why is this?

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsario View Post
If you ever do go watching replays to give feedback--and I completely understand if you don't watch any because it takes half an hour or more and you're busy--please watch this one. It's a highly entertaining ranked comeback win

http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays/match/2604357/

Both of our nexus turrets were down. Several surrender votes failed. I know I made a few utter fail moves I didn't intend to, but it mostly went well and it was crazy as hell. There are some funny baron hijinks in there too.

I was the 0/0/34 Janna. There were only 49 kills total for our team....
I might have time to go over the replay tomorrow morning.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBBy ******** View Post
If I learn to use Anivia a lot better, should I use the following runes:
magic pen reds
flat mr blues
mana regen yellows
flat ap quints

OR

switch yellows with hp/lvl?
and quints with MS quints?

And I would usually go boots/pots, chalice first, tear, rush RoA, finish tear/chalice, then finish the other, then go deathcap. Masteries I'm not sure of.. 21/9/0 or 21/0/9? Too much?
I use mana regen yellow and MS quints. 21/0/9 so that you can have longer blue buff.

ExecutionerK

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00boxular View Post
Hi ken,

I was wondering how to counter flat magic pen. Every Ap mid I building sorc boots, haunting guise, then the penetration from runes and masteries. Early game this is nearly true damage. Should I build HP or MR?
just get some MR from glyph. After that there are many items for people to build to counter full magic pen build. Such as Athene for AP mid, Aegis -> runic bulwark for aura MR buff.

Usually if they are going full FLAT magic pen, you just need to build more MR, because there is a cap. However, if they are building both, they you want to get some HP as well.

ExecutionerK

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Division Two View Post
I think one of my biggest problems right now, is turning around losing games. I've been practicing my bot lane like insane lately, and since I'm not in a jungle or mid position I can't help go to other lanes and gank.

Besides Vayne, what AD carries are viable in this current blink/dash (for ADC) meta that can turn around games? I'm thinking of picking up Trist more because when I pick vayne someone always wants to pick olaf. I also have trouble attack walking, I believe if I could master this whole (attack move) thing then I could deceive a lot of tanky deeps into diving on to me too hard.

People say pick Kog but I can't stand being jumped by the unkiteable HP stackers like Olaf and Irelia. I don't know how to deal with these champs when they get fed or start rolling.
Currently, Corki, Ezreal, Vayne, Trist are all really strong for solo queue due to their ability to escape from the attacks while remain having high damage. Kog has high damage as well but it is too difficult to trust your teammates that much in solo queue.

ExecutionerK

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by My WIII frozed View Post
Hello lately i've been playing Nidalee. I found her amazing and really fun to play with. Just killing anybody that you find randomly Right now I know I ain't good with her (even though i always finish 10/3/16 => i could die less) because I just sit in lane farming on the jungler and their top, coming once in a while mid for a gank. SO ze problem is I lose most of my games with a good score, sometimes because I decide not to end and pay that hard, sometimes because i sit too long in my lane, but here's the real deal I don't know how to really play Nid how should i act all through out the game? How do you play Nid in a team fight (I usually sit behind and spear the target we want to kill and heal the best target depending on the situation and picking up kill on people left a bit off their team (Kinda like a predator actually o.o)) Now Note that I play her as AP (I've only played her like around 6 time) i'll try her Ad/bruiser soon and i'm pretty sure she'll be more effective. My first build was taking boots then going sheen right away lich bane and upping my boots in sorc then going hat and late game Ap items. Tehn I tried going Morellos evil tome following with tears and sheen upping my sheen and getting hat. Last game i did i took tears, catalyst, sheen => rod lich and tear Up and after that hat. I'm wondering at what part i should get hat and if getting rod is necessary (I really do think so) and if tear + catalyst is too long before i get my hat. That's about it for Nidalee but i'll ask you another question
I'm currently at 1600 (lost 50 in1h30 ouch thewn stopped) and well the game i've been losing oh and nvm... i'll answer that myself
Err I'd like to know Bot lanes I mean their counters and their strengh. last season when i was 1450 iused to duo bot lane with my friend and i discovered that leona was kinda weak against taric in lane, that tristana is very strong against sona, that nunu counters well when vs a taric but since i'm more playing top and adc these days, i've lost my analectic powah and so i'd like some advice on that. I'd also like advice on team comp. Theres aoe team comp, poking team comp. late game/money comp, initiate comp. I'd like to know when theyMre the strongest in the game what time should not exceed the game. I also think Initiate abilities are really important in game. and yea i'm 1600 right now but would like to reach 1800+ I really think I can by the time you'll answer this post i'll maybe be a 1700+ anyway Cya thanks
Ugh, can you repost it? cause right now the whole post is pretty messy, as for 1on1 tutor it won't be possible til after I am done with the top 32 teams tournament (NA) unless it is paid.

ExecutionerK

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boss FBH View Post
Hey Ken, we got in a couple arguments over elo hell, and i just decided that im done ranting about the broken system and ready to get better. I just have one question and you seem like a knowledgeable person. i went on a TERRIBLE streak and lost like 7-8 ranked games in a row. Ya i know i wanted to kill myself. 4 of them involved afks or leavers but anyways, im working my way back up pretty quick. I believe in my last 10 games ive lost 2 ranked and won 4-5. Ive noticed that when i was at 1200 elo my win gave me +20 generally. Now my wins are giving me between +10 and +17. At this right im going to have to win twice as many games as i lost to get back up. why is this?
The rank game early on worth more points because they are suppose to be count as *placement matches*. After that, the standard elo gain per game is 12 to 14, but can be higher or lower depend on your team's average elo and the enemy's average elo.

otumunga

12-17-2012

hey im 1100 elo i will go sometimes 4 turrets and 12-15 kills a game last game i split pushed to inhibitar and got it halfway i even got 4 turrets alone and got enemies to chase me with baron buff for 3 minutes my only question is what can i do to win this game? my team fed i told them to just push mid while i pushed top did i fail my team by split pushing? i feel it helps but i could be wrong please answer :]

ExecutionerK

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by otumunga View Post
hey im 1100 elo i will go sometimes 4 turrets and 12-15 kills a game last game i split pushed to inhibitar and got it halfway i even got 4 turrets alone and got enemies to chase me with baron buff for 3 minutes my only question is what can i do to win this game? my team fed i told them to just push mid while i pushed top did i fail my team by split pushing? i feel it helps but i could be wrong please answer :]
1. Fix your grammar
2. What you did is totally on your own, you have no team concept, you are not providing true help to your teammates.

otumunga

12-18-2012

so 1. my grammar is ok and 2. killing the adc and ap carry isn't help...... cause i think it is but w/e ill try to team fight with a team that all their kills are mine i guess sigh no hope for me lol