Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aeternelle

Member

12-10-2012

Hello Ken ! Thanks for the help you provide, I love reading through your answers ! I was wondering which champion you think between Zyra and Nami as supports bring more utility to a team ? They both have a kit that do a lot of CC. I'm fairly comfortable with skillshots, so that's not a problem. I do feel that Zyra has more damage potential, but Nami offers sustain and a nice buff/slow that's not dependent on landing W+E with Zyra but rather the speed and range your carry has.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeternelle View Post
Hello Ken ! Thanks for the help you provide, I love reading through your answers ! I was wondering which champion you think between Zyra and Nami as supports bring more utility to a team ? They both have a kit that do a lot of CC. I'm fairly comfortable with skillshots, so that's not a problem. I do feel that Zyra has more damage potential, but Nami offers sustain and a nice buff/slow that's not dependent on landing W+E with Zyra but rather the speed and range your carry has.
As of right now I do believe that Nami is a bit underpower. Her crowd control is nice, but her heal is so little and cost so much mana. Her E is so weak compare to Janna. The only thing really shine on her is her ultimate, but it has a relatively slow travel time so majority of the time you can only use it in the middle of the fight (which still helps for obvious reason, just not good enough)

Zyra just outshine Nami right now.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mungril

Senior Member

12-11-2012

Hey Ken,

need help again about jungling which is my main role. I recently noticed how big of a difference that junglers have been effected by these nerfs, buffs and the new items that are being introduced in season 3. This has put me in a hole on who are the junglers right now that shine. This is why i came to you, i want to know who are the junglers that excel at most jungling aspects (the best junglers in current meta). Name as many as you can just because i'm a picky person. Also thanks for helping me with the lee sin jungle build which i asked before.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungril View Post
Hey Ken,

need help again about jungling which is my main role. I recently noticed how big of a difference that junglers have been effected by these nerfs, buffs and the new items that are being introduced in season 3. This has put me in a hole on who are the junglers right now that shine. This is why i came to you, i want to know who are the junglers that excel at most jungling aspects (the best junglers in current meta). Name as many as you can just because i'm a picky person. Also thanks for helping me with the lee sin jungle build which i asked before.
Olaf, Amumu, Lee Sin, Skarner, Maokai.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mungril

Senior Member

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
Olaf, Amumu, Lee Sin, Skarner, Maokai.
Thanks for the response. I'm looking for another jungler other than the ones you mentioned which may be either cho'gath or nocturne. Do you think they are still strong junglers compared to the ones that you mentioned, and who would you prefer, nocturne or cho'gath. thanks again.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungril View Post
Thanks for the response. I'm looking for another jungler other than the ones you mentioned which may be either cho'gath or nocturne. Do you think they are still strong junglers compared to the ones that you mentioned, and who would you prefer, nocturne or cho'gath. thanks again.
Yes, those two are strong as well.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rikoLash

Senior Member

12-13-2012

Prepare for a wall of text.

I've recently become extremely confused as to what to spend my extremely limited IP on. I have decided that I will on longer continue to buy runes (I think expanding my roster is more important for right now...) and am torn on what champions and what roles to fulfill.

I was looking forward to saving up for Ezreal (I currently have about 3.2k IP). A couple of weeks ago I bought Corki when he was on sale (From the free RP that Riot gives new players) and I played him for the first time yesterday. I found that my playstyle was extremely potent with his kit, much more so than Graves, who was my go to AD Carry. I no longer see why I should get another ADC straight away.

Given that I think I'll skip another ADC, in terms of Top Lane, Jungler, and Mid Lane, I am still confused.
I have read about 150 pages of this thread so far and have seen you constantly mention that Mid Lane has such a high influence on other lanes if you win lane and roam, helping out bot and top, especially when you jungler is behind and unable to do so. I see this extremely often when I play as Katarina, and am often able to carry an entire team of mediocre players if I get fed. Unfortunately, I am reluctant to pick up mid laners such as Cass who have CC and High Damage (What I'm looking for) but aren't mana reliant. What do?

For Junglers, I am interested in Nocturne and Lee Sin, Lee Sin more so. Nocturne seems naturally squishy. And for top lane, I know you've mentioned Vlad, Jax and Irelia. I don't like Vlad, already have Jax and Irelia seems like a farm farm farm champ to me. What about Jayce? One of my friends is extremely good with Lee Sin and Jayce and constantly tells me to buy either one of them. Lee Sin however took a big hit with sustain in the new jungle (I'm confident with landing skillshots, his Q btw) and one of Jayce's abilities took one of the largest base damage nerfs ever.

What do?

Lee Sin, Jayce or Ezreal? I am interested in Ezreal's poke, Lee SIn's ganking and extremely fun looking mobility but also Jayce's utility with movespeed, CC and high Damage and poke.

WHAT DO!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoLash View Post
Prepare for a wall of text.

I've recently become extremely confused as to what to spend my extremely limited IP on. I have decided that I will on longer continue to buy runes (I think expanding my roster is more important for right now...) and am torn on what champions and what roles to fulfill.

I was looking forward to saving up for Ezreal (I currently have about 3.2k IP). A couple of weeks ago I bought Corki when he was on sale (From the free RP that Riot gives new players) and I played him for the first time yesterday. I found that my playstyle was extremely potent with his kit, much more so than Graves, who was my go to AD Carry. I no longer see why I should get another ADC straight away.

Given that I think I'll skip another ADC, in terms of Top Lane, Jungler, and Mid Lane, I am still confused.
I have read about 150 pages of this thread so far and have seen you constantly mention that Mid Lane has such a high influence on other lanes if you win lane and roam, helping out bot and top, especially when you jungler is behind and unable to do so. I see this extremely often when I play as Katarina, and am often able to carry an entire team of mediocre players if I get fed. Unfortunately, I am reluctant to pick up mid laners such as Cass who have CC and High Damage (What I'm looking for) but aren't mana reliant. What do?

For Junglers, I am interested in Nocturne and Lee Sin, Lee Sin more so. Nocturne seems naturally squishy. And for top lane, I know you've mentioned Vlad, Jax and Irelia. I don't like Vlad, already have Jax and Irelia seems like a farm farm farm champ to me. What about Jayce? One of my friends is extremely good with Lee Sin and Jayce and constantly tells me to buy either one of them. Lee Sin however took a big hit with sustain in the new jungle (I'm confident with landing skillshots, his Q btw) and one of Jayce's abilities took one of the largest base damage nerfs ever.

What do?

Lee Sin, Jayce or Ezreal? I am interested in Ezreal's poke, Lee SIn's ganking and extremely fun looking mobility but also Jayce's utility with movespeed, CC and high Damage and poke.

WHAT DO!
1. For mid laner, I often mention about Kennen due to the fact that he doesn't need mana, strong in lane, and strong in teamfights, which is basically everything you need for solo queue, but if you think you want to stick with Cass, I will recommend getting chalice just to solve the mana problem and become stronger against APs.

2. Jayce is still a powerful top pick, it is good to learn him as there is basically no counter to him in top lane
*Jax and Irelia can always kill the enemy after 6, it seems to me that you are too passive

3. Jayce. Long range power with the ability to burst an enemy make him to be the strongest pick out of all 3.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rikoLash

Senior Member

12-14-2012

Thanks so much. I've got 5k IP now, probably gonna buy Jayce tomorrow.

Btw, what made you think I was too passive?

I would say I am overaggresive, especially in mid lane. When playing mid I find that I go all out (assuming I'm playing a bursty champ like kat or akali) and test the other player (Obviously depending on the champion whether it is safe to do so or not). This usually decides the laning phase in the first few minutes, as my agression usually allows me to snowball of first blood or lose horrible (usually the first as long as i'm playing my kat xD).

I understand that this is stupid, and will eventually result in me losing games once I reach a higher level (elo w/e), but what should I do in order to escape from harass from ranged champions such as kennen anivia etc?

Thanks a lot for your help, you should get payed for this ^_^


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

arachnoTed12

Senior Member

12-14-2012

My question is simple.

What are the best champs to carry at low elo play? I often play morde and do pretty well, but I usually lose because the adc doesn't get fed. What champs (particularly mid or jungle) can easily carry a team to victory?