Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigglethor View Post
In general what are some basic mechanical tips to help someone break through 1400?

i.e. little things about last-hitting, positioning, etc.
Learn to counter pick, ward and do major objective

Counter-pick things like Ryze against Sion can completely shut down one enemy

Wards will allow you to have map control.

Lower elo often ignore dragon til 10-15 minutes, where higher elo will do it as soon as they have the chance.

Also, remember to type the timer in the chat, so everyone know when a buff or a dragon will respawn, this is a really important information that the enemy doesn't have.

Tripc0de

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2012

Solotop; Should I leave their turret up to deny or take it down?
Trading towers: When is it not acceptable to trade a outer rim tower for dragon?(assuming kills are equal or no kills).

Is Skarner WW2.0?
Is Sejuanie Amumu 2.0?
Is Volibear Singed 2.0?

ExecutionerKen

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripc0de View Post
Solotop; Should I leave their turret up to deny or take it down?
Trading towers: When is it not acceptable to trade a outer rim tower for dragon?(assuming kills are equal or no kills).

Is Skarner WW2.0?
Is Sejuanie Amumu 2.0?
Is Volibear Singed 2.0?
As solo top, you want to take the turret down if you will counter jungle and gank mid.

Skarner is not warwick's 2.0, warwick have lifesteal and a ranged suppress
Sejuani is not amumu's 2.0, she is a doing a lot of slow while amumu actually does decent damage.
Volibear isn't Singed 2.0, because Singed has a ranged slow and an ultimate that buff him, volibear only have a small movement speed buff and a short range slow.

FlawRazgriz

01-31-2012

Hey, i need some tips about brand at mid game, i usually do well early , but when the games hits 25-30 minutes my game fall off a little bit, should i, after taking deathcap of course, go straight for Giants Belt (Rylai's) or stick with void staff? Another thing, i know Brand is all about positioning in the right place, can you give some tips about that too? Thanks!

ExecutionerKen

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawRazgriz View Post
Hey, i need some tips about brand at mid game, i usually do well early , but when the games hits 25-30 minutes my game fall off a little bit, should i, after taking deathcap of course, go straight for Giants Belt (Rylai's) or stick with void staff? Another thing, i know Brand is all about positioning in the right place, can you give some tips about that too? Thanks!
Rylai or Void staff is highly depend on enemy team.
Most of the time if you find yourself having problem, you will need a Rylai for the slow and some HP to be safe, but none the less that Void staff is an amazing item to get especially on Brand, due to his amazing HP scaling damage passive.

As for Brand, you want to stay right behind your tanky dps, which means that you will be close to the front line all the time, this is because Brand cannot be too far away from his enemies if he wants to do all of his damage, so make sure you have a tanky dps/ jungler that will be able to step up and slow some enemy down when they are coming, also, there are times where you want to use the sear to proc the E so that you will do increased damage with your pillar of flame, be sure to decide whether you want to save that Q for stun or damage purpose.

MarkTheExplorer

01-31-2012

My goal is to win the next 7 out of 10 games. I will be playing most all of those games with TF. What are some key things to raising the chances of victory?

ExecutionerKen

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkTheExplorer View Post
My goal is to win the next 7 out of 10 games. I will be playing most all of those games with TF. What are some key things to raising the chances of victory?
Pick the card right, blue card might seems to be a bad choice sometime, but it actually have a relatively high damage output, so if you can constantly picking blue, it is not necessarily bad.

Remember to pick card and stack your passive to 4 before you teleport to gank, so you can burst the most the moment you end your teleport.

RustedCorpse

01-31-2012

What's the easiest way to understand AP/AD ratios and where to find their scaling? Some I find under the ability itself but others I find to be significantly more subtle. Suggested reading sources would be great.

FaerellG

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustedCorpse View Post
What's the easiest way to understand AP/AD ratios and where to find their scaling? Some I find under the ability itself but others I find to be significantly more subtle. Suggested reading sources would be great.
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/
has a very comprehensive list of abilities and their AP/AD ratios as well as patch changes.

Other suggested reading would be www.solomid.net

You could also try mobafire.com

ExecutionerKen

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaerellG View Post
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/
has a very comprehensive list of abilities and their AP/AD ratios as well as patch changes.

Other suggested reading would be www.solomid.net

You could also try mobafire.com
Wiki and solomid is really good, but I am against mobafire.

Most guides you find on mobafire is never close to be good, and pretty much all are bad.