Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Echoesong

11-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
As Fiddle, if you are behind, I recommend you to just try to hit that level 6 and gank. You need that Zhonya ASAP so philo stone will not be recommended.
Alright. And you'd recommend going straight to Zhonya's, not a Deathcap or other item? It do hate getting focused when I ult. :3

If yes, should my purchase order be something like Dorans -> Boots and Rod -> Zhonya's -> Deathcap?

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoesong View Post
Alright. And you'd recommend going straight to Zhonya's, not a Deathcap or other item? It do hate getting focused when I ult. :3

If yes, should my purchase order be something like Dorans -> Boots and Rod -> Zhonya's -> Deathcap?
I prefer starting with boot and pots (ward if needed)

Sorc boot next, so with your passive you should be almost doing true damage

Then Start building Zhonya. Armor part first if the enemy is heavy on AD, otherwise large rod first.

Finally build an abyssal for MR and MR reduction aura

From here you can build a deathcap, GA, and more

Echoesong

11-25-2012

Quote:
I prefer starting with boot and pots (ward if needed)

Sorc boot next, so with your passive you should be almost doing true damage

Then Start building Zhonya. Armor part first if the enemy is heavy on AD, otherwise large rod first.

Finally build an abyssal for MR and MR reduction aura

From here you can build a deathcap, GA, and more
Yeah, after playing several games with a Doran's, I realized I don't have the movement speed to gank effectively. And you'd suggest building Abyssal Scepter as my third item? Would they have that much MR at that stage in the game?

Lord Matt713

11-25-2012

So I need help with an Ezreal build, I almost always rush a trinity force, so my build would be greaves and trinity, then I got bt and other items after that. I just don't seem to be dealing enough damage, I know I have to poke because that's the whole reason of getting trinity over ie but I'm not sure when to get which one, can you help?

rikoLash

11-25-2012

Hey Ken, over the past couple of days I've read the first 80 or so pages of this amazing thread, and have learned a lot from it, and am planning on finishing reading the entire thread soon. There are many questions I would like to ask you, I'll try and choose the most important xD

1. I'm currently lvl 18 and there is NO place for the meta in my current ELO. I consider myself significantly better than by level, but many of things I know about the game just have no place in my Elo. There is rarely a jungler, when a team has a jungler they usually lose, and supports for AD's carries don't exist. Peronsally I was always into the AD Carry's, but recently, I seem to be finding that they are quite useless prior to higher level play. I have found that playing an AD Bruiser, or an AP Mid is much more useful. What should I prioritize? I have no source of RP (yet :P) and am quite limited by my non existent runes and limited masteries and champions.

2. I currently play Graves (Am quite good as him, but unless I'm playing a premade with all my lvl 30 1300-1700 IRL friends I'm extremely inconsistent), AD and AP Nidalee, depending on if I need to try in a game or not, and also Kat. After recently starting to main Kat (After being inspired by TiensiNoAkuma), I find that I am far more useful to the team as an AP carry, and I like to see myself as quite accomplished as Kat. The only time I have flat out lost a lane was against this Kha'Zix who just destroyed me, I think he had full rune page though xD.

Do you recommend I heed your advice (You have often said that AP carry is the best to...well carry), because I am VERY interested in my next champion in being a Solo Top or Jungler. I initially wanted to buy either Vayne or Kog'Maw, but now lean towards Jayce (I have watched so many videos on him xD) or another strong toplane or jungler, as I am looking forward to having the runes to be able to jungle.

Thnx in advance, sorry for the enormous slab or text. It would be so much easier if I could just tell you. Also, if you look into my builds, I usually just build whatever the hell I feel like if we're winning, because at my level comebacks don't seem to exist, nor does building any sort of resistances unless you are straight up tank xD

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoesong View Post
Yeah, after playing several games with a Doran's, I realized I don't have the movement speed to gank effectively. And you'd suggest building Abyssal Scepter as my third item? Would they have that much MR at that stage in the game?

Abyssal is just a nice item to have and ensure that you won't be burst down by the enemy ap.

ExecutionerKen

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamechamp713 View Post
So I need help with an Ezreal build, I almost always rush a trinity force, so my build would be greaves and trinity, then I got bt and other items after that. I just don't seem to be dealing enough damage, I know I have to poke because that's the whole reason of getting trinity over ie but I'm not sure when to get which one, can you help?
Try Boot + pot start, 2 doran, vampiric scep, then decide whether you want phage, or BF. if you go with BF, go BT or IE depend on how ahead you are, and if you went with phage, go BF as a next major item.

ExecutionerKen

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoLash View Post
Hey Ken, over the past couple of days I've read the first 80 or so pages of this amazing thread, and have learned a lot from it, and am planning on finishing reading the entire thread soon. There are many questions I would like to ask you, I'll try and choose the most important xD

1. I'm currently lvl 18 and there is NO place for the meta in my current ELO. I consider myself significantly better than by level, but many of things I know about the game just have no place in my Elo. There is rarely a jungler, when a team has a jungler they usually lose, and supports for AD's carries don't exist. Peronsally I was always into the AD Carry's, but recently, I seem to be finding that they are quite useless prior to higher level play. I have found that playing an AD Bruiser, or an AP Mid is much more useful. What should I prioritize? I have no source of RP (yet :P) and am quite limited by my non existent runes and limited masteries and champions.

2. I currently play Graves (Am quite good as him, but unless I'm playing a premade with all my lvl 30 1300-1700 IRL friends I'm extremely inconsistent), AD and AP Nidalee, depending on if I need to try in a game or not, and also Kat. After recently starting to main Kat (After being inspired by TiensiNoAkuma), I find that I am far more useful to the team as an AP carry, and I like to see myself as quite accomplished as Kat. The only time I have flat out lost a lane was against this Kha'Zix who just destroyed me, I think he had full rune page though xD.

Do you recommend I heed your advice (You have often said that AP carry is the best to...well carry), because I am VERY interested in my next champion in being a Solo Top or Jungler. I initially wanted to buy either Vayne or Kog'Maw, but now lean towards Jayce (I have watched so many videos on him xD) or another strong toplane or jungler, as I am looking forward to having the runes to be able to jungle.

Thnx in advance, sorry for the enormous slab or text. It would be so much easier if I could just tell you. Also, if you look into my builds, I usually just build whatever the hell I feel like if we're winning, because at my level comebacks don't seem to exist, nor does building any sort of resistances unless you are straight up tank xD
1. You are not even level 20 yet. Before people have access to tier 3 runes, jungling will be rare due to lack of rune and mastery.

2. Jayce, Jax, Olaf, Irelia. Kennen, Vlad. Having these 6 champions allow you to be fit into all kind of team comp.

Don't have time right now, writing a paper.

rikoLash

11-25-2012

Thnx for the quick reply, it still amazes me that you answer so many questions and take the time out do it

So for when you have time:

Quote:
1. You are not even level 20 yet. Before people have access to tier 3 runes, jungling will be rare due to lack of rune and mastery.

2. Jayce, Jax, Olaf, Irelia. Kennen, Vlad. Having these 6 champions allow you to be fit into all kind of team comp.

Don't have time right now, writing a paper.
1. I understand that, but that isn't something I can really control. People will jungle wheever they feel like, and seem to rarely communicate. The reason why mentioned jungling is because it's something that interests me greatly as I've been playing LoL for well over a year now but haven't had the time to jungle as I'm always below tier 3 on my accounts xD

2. Thnx for the list. I'm already playing quite a bit of Jax and I gave up cos I'm so bad as him. I've tried Vlad also and enjoyed him. I look forward to Jayce and Irelia in the near future

3. Runes for Kat? Just straight up AP/AP Pen + MR + Armour?

Tr

11-25-2012

Hey Ken,
I was just wondering if Tri-force is still good on corki+ez
I can understand the phage procs and the sheen but beside thoose im still wondering if it wouldn't be better to just build bt/pd into lw?