Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoesong View Post
Alright, I'll check him out. I also hear that Fiddlesticks is quite powerful in the Season 3 jungle, so we'll see how that goes.

On that vein: I have some trouble with jungling. I have a problem deciding when to gank, when to farm, ect. I just get overwhelmed with everything. What would you suggest?
Try to use level as a guide, as fiddle stick you will rarely gank before level 3 or even 4. So unless it is obvious that the lane needs help/ a sure kill, jungle til level 4, then gank depend on the lane position, if they are not passing the river, just completely ignore it, as Fiddle lack that movement ability that many junglers now have.

After 6 though, gank whenever possible.

Qsario

11-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
Counterpicking is a good skill to have. Most of the time you know them by knowing the skillset, there is no specific way to learn but experience and knowledge.

Nope, I do not know all the counter picks, however, I have some solid picks that will work in every single situation.
What are those solid picks?

Duhizy

11-24-2012

iv been told when playing ad bot that if going for a cs means taking an auto attack then you should just leave it unless you can trade auto attacks and win. Most adc's have an ability that allows them to get both the cs and damage the enemy at the same time to even it out like cait Q or graves buckshot, then i played twitch.

The issue i faced was a varus that abused his range when i was alone at tower trying to cs and managed to do some damage almost everytime i tried to cs, i figured that because i couldnt trade with the varus i would do my best to out farm him, so i basically tanked all the damage until my support came back and was forced to back. Is this ok sometimes? when both me and my support are laning i have no issues farming and i did manage to out farm the varus by 20 cs all game thanks to tanking that damage i think. Would it have been a better idea to just give up that cs rather then take like 5 auto attacks? or would it be a better idea to just tank the damage, take all the cs and gain a lead while pushing the lane with twitch's ult and expunge or something and then back?

MiC Røsøft

11-24-2012

I've been searching around for a skill order for AD Varus, and a lot of top tier ADC have mixed views (Aphro, Chaox, etc). Some max R>W>E>Q, some R>Q>E>W, etc. Do you think there is one set skill order for Varus or is it situational?

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsario View Post
What are those solid picks?
Kennen for mid and top, who don't have counter til later level, but you still outscale them
Anivia Zyra or Cass for mid, all of them don't really have any direct counter, and have strong CC for teamfights.

ExecutionerKen

11-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by duhizy View Post
iv been told when playing ad bot that if going for a cs means taking an auto attack then you should just leave it unless you can trade auto attacks and win. Most adc's have an ability that allows them to get both the cs and damage the enemy at the same time to even it out like cait Q or graves buckshot, then i played twitch.

The issue i faced was a varus that abused his range when i was alone at tower trying to cs and managed to do some damage almost everytime i tried to cs, i figured that because i couldnt trade with the varus i would do my best to out farm him, so i basically tanked all the damage until my support came back and was forced to back. Is this ok sometimes? when both me and my support are laning i have no issues farming and i did manage to out farm the varus by 20 cs all game thanks to tanking that damage i think. Would it have been a better idea to just give up that cs rather then take like 5 auto attacks? or would it be a better idea to just tank the damage, take all the cs and gain a lead while pushing the lane with twitch's ult and expunge or something and then back?
Tanking that much damage that force you to go back for a wave of minion in most cases are bad. Keep in mind that if you go back you will not be able to hit level 6 as fast, and generally speaking the bot lane combo who hit level 6 first will have the upper hand and probably can zone for 2 minion waves.

It is best if you are take half of the minions and take little damage, while the other half minions should be killed via skills but definitely not tanking that much damage.

ExecutionerKen

11-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiC Røsøft View Post
I've been searching around for a skill order for AD Varus, and a lot of top tier ADC have mixed views (Aphro, Chaox, etc). Some max R>W>E>Q, some R>Q>E>W, etc. Do you think there is one set skill order for Varus or is it situational?
I say R>W>E>Q or R>E>W>Q, Q is good for poping the W, while you can never miss E.

Personally I prefer E>W>Q, just because W has a health scaling, which is usually strong at mid or after mid game, Maxing Q is not as reliable because people will dodge or minion will make the shot do much less damage.

Echoesong

11-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
Try to use level as a guide, as fiddle stick you will rarely gank before level 3 or even 4. So unless it is obvious that the lane needs help/ a sure kill, jungle til level 4, then gank depend on the lane position, if they are not passing the river, just completely ignore it, as Fiddle lack that movement ability that many junglers now have.

After 6 though, gank whenever possible.
I see. And how would you recommend building him? I have checked out Supreme's Lolpro guide, and it seems to work well, but I notice a conspicuous lack of gold per' items. Is this normal Fiddlesticks? It reads that he is a "kill focused" jungler, but I'm wondering if that means to neglect the gold per' items.

I understand that HoG A. Doesn't build into anything for him and B. Won't be around next season, but what about a Philo Stone? Would it be used in situations where I may be behind and need the extra gold?

Cardboardowl

11-24-2012

Quote:
I see. And how would you recommend building him? I have checked out Supreme's Lolpro guide, and it seems to work well, but I notice a conspicuous lack of gold per' items. Is this normal Fiddlesticks? It reads that he is a "kill focused" jungler, but I'm wondering if that means to neglect the gold per' items.

I understand that HoG A. Doesn't build into anything for him and B. Won't be around next season, but what about a Philo Stone? Would it be used in situations where I may be behind and need the extra gold?
if you are behind getting a gp5 puts you more behind

ExecutionerKen

11-24-2012

Quote:

As Fiddle, if you are behind, I recommend you to just try to hit that level 6 and gank. You need that Zhonya ASAP so philo stone will not be recommended.