Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pouhahaha View Post
- wanted to know it is really important to know how counterpick the other champ in high elo and in low elo i mean 1400 - 1800

- and you, do you know how counter all champion or almost?
Counterpicking is a good skill to have. Most of the time you know them by knowing the skillset, there is no specific way to learn but experience and knowledge.

Nope, I do not know all the counter picks, however, I have some solid picks that will work in every single situation.

Spanky1337

Recruiter

11-21-2012

I feel as though as an individual player i've hit my plateau. I played a lot of blind pick, but recently started playing ranked. I can often outplay individual players, but I simply can't manage to carry my team when they royally screw up.

How can I improve this? What can I do to improve my individual skill? Can I manage to resolve my problem and stop losing through individual skill or do I simply need to keep playing and hope for better teammates?

I do often find myself with terrible teammates that make questionable decisions and feed, but feel as though other teams are often carried by 1, maybe 2 people.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky1337 View Post

How can I improve this? What can I do to improve my individual skill? Can I manage to resolve my problem and stop losing through individual skill or do I simply need to keep playing and hope for better teammates?

but feel as though other teams are often carried by 1, maybe 2 people.
Rather than hoping for better teammates, the solution is often lie within the player.

Most of the time, if you can win in your lane, you must press on and win other lanes as well. You should try to take a look at the posts that I had made since the beginning of the year, as those address exactly the same problem.

The last sentence that you typed was actually the key of solo queue. I will say that over 70% of the ranked games I had been in can be carried by one individual or two players. Most of those people know how to press on their advantage and expand their control, as well as helping their teammates to get fed. This is however, impossible for ones if they are not dominating their lane, and thus the reason why people always argue about ELO hell.

Voidjames

11-24-2012

Who is a good substitute for Ezreal in ranked as adc when he is picked/banned already?

Kadeth

11-24-2012

I have rarely played ranked games (maybe played 5 in the past). I am approaching 700 (might be around 800+ if you count smurf accounts I made to play with people I got to play the game with me) wins just doing solo q, have watched streams, looked up guides, and played around routinely with lots of lanes. My question is this... before I start doing ranked games, how should I choose a character I want to play or characters/lanes?

I have toyed with almost every champ. I tend to excel at jungle/top lane, I am okay at mid, and usually don't do so well in anything bot. Recently I have focused on Jayce/Cho top and Hecarim jungle. Probably my strongest -> weakest so far...

Hecarim/jungle -> Jayce/top -> Gragas/mid -> Shen/top/jungle.

Other random chars I'm okay with -> Gangplank, Cho, Mundo, Singed, Lee Sin, Warwick, and Teemo can be hit and miss.

ExecutionerK

11-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidjames View Post
Who is a good substitute for Ezreal in ranked as adc when he is picked/banned already?
Corki

ExecutionerK

11-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadeth View Post
I have rarely played ranked games (maybe played 5 in the past). I am approaching 700 (might be around 800+ if you count smurf accounts I made to play with people I got to play the game with me) wins just doing solo q, have watched streams, looked up guides, and played around routinely with lots of lanes. My question is this... before I start doing ranked games, how should I choose a character I want to play or characters/lanes?

I have toyed with almost every champ. I tend to excel at jungle/top lane, I am okay at mid, and usually don't do so well in anything bot. Recently I have focused on Jayce/Cho top and Hecarim jungle. Probably my strongest -> weakest so far...

Hecarim/jungle -> Jayce/top -> Gragas/mid -> Shen/top/jungle.

Other random chars I'm okay with -> Gangplank, Cho, Mundo, Singed, Lee Sin, Warwick, and Teemo can be hit and miss.
From what I can found from your match history, masteries and runes, you are obviously not really good but not bad either.

You seems to have a basic idea on building, most of the builds look legit and standard, but lack the flexibility to change whenever needed. As for runes, some pages are too extremes, such as the attack speed page and the gp10 page. Some armor is heavily adviced for the support page.

I will say give support and ad carry about 50 games, so that even when you are forced to do those roles you won't be completely stomped by the enemy, then you are set.

Echoesong

11-24-2012

This is an awesome thread, I'm glad I found it.

My question is on Fiddlesticks: I recently picked him up after the free week, and I really enjoy him. I feel I can do alright with him, but how can I take my playing to a higher level? I feel a lot of people underestimate him, which can give me some easy kills, but how can I capitalize when I defeat my lane opponent? I try to go gank as much as I can, but I feel like I don't help my team much.

ExecutionerK

11-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoesong View Post
This is an awesome thread, I'm glad I found it.

My question is on Fiddlesticks: I recently picked him up after the free week, and I really enjoy him. I feel I can do alright with him, but how can I take my playing to a higher level? I feel a lot of people underestimate him, which can give me some easy kills, but how can I capitalize when I defeat my lane opponent? I try to go gank as much as I can, but I feel like I don't help my team much.
Generally speaking laning fiddle is not good, because the highest damage ability on him (drain) can be stopped in too many ways, and it also force fiddle to stay at one place.

It is one of the problem with older champions. The old meta and now are different, with so many more gap closers in the current League of Legends, Fiddle must stay in the jungle.

As for jungle fiddlestick, I recommend watching perfects stream, he is 2k+ on Europe server and is quite famous for his Shaco and Fiddle

Echoesong

11-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
Generally speaking laning fiddle is not good, because the highest damage ability on him (drain) can be stopped in too many ways, and it also force fiddle to stay at one place.

It is one of the problem with older champions. The old meta and now are different, with so many more gap closers in the current League of Legends, Fiddle must stay in the jungle.

As for jungle fiddlestick, I recommend watching perfects stream, he is 2k+ on Europe server and is quite famous for his Shaco and Fiddle
Alright, I'll check him out. I also hear that Fiddlesticks is quite powerful in the Season 3 jungle, so we'll see how that goes.

On that vein: I have some trouble with jungling. I have a problem deciding when to gank, when to farm, ect. I just get overwhelmed with everything. What would you suggest?