Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerK

10-26-2012

Quote:
Sereg Anfaug:
"Once again, when your elo is too low for proper supporting, you should convert yourself into a kill lane."

If there's an ELO too low for proper supporting, I have yet to reach it. I'm at 750 and we support in accordance with the meta down here.

It is not the ELO that is too low for supporting, but the fact that kill lane often lead to a stronger early game advantage that the enemy morale will fall, and you speed up the process to get your carry into a position for battle, which also force him to stay away from afk farming.

Sereg Anfaug

10-26-2012

Possibly it's just that we have different definitions of a kill lane. For me, it's when trolls say they're taking two bruisers bottom, and trust them, it will work.

Maybe you just mean aggressive or CC heavy supports like Taric, Alistar, Leona, Blitz, that allow for easy kills if an enemy is out of position? If so, that explains the difference... those are my most common supports, and just how I normally play =P

NamelessFish

10-26-2012

psst, you said kennen instead of sejuani :3

To give you something to rant about, why exactly do you favor Taric over other support/CC happy characters to partner with an ADC? -expects a wall of text-

Also, how do an ADC and APC perform when they switch lanes? I would think that the CC in combination with APC tendancy to nuke would give a strong early game, while mid would be more stable.....but then agian this is just thought. Comments kenny?

ExecutionerK

10-26-2012

Quote:
NamelessFish:
psst, you said kennen instead of sejuani :3

To give you something to rant about, why exactly do you favor Taric over other support/CC happy characters to partner with an ADC? -expects a wall of text-

Also, how do an ADC and APC perform when they switch lanes? I would think that the CC in combination with APC tendancy to nuke would give a strong early game, while mid would be more stable.....but then agian this is just thought. Comments kenny?

Taric is stronger due to her Aura and sustain. If you still haven't realize, armor aura is one of the strongest possible thing on bottom lane, and the fact that he can shred the enemy armor as well make him one of the strongest aggressive pick (and also due to stun that cannot be avoided)

AP needs the level to do higher burst, so while supporting AP carry can be good, you slow down his leveling process, thus the reason why people pref AP mid with solo lane and get more exp.

NamelessFish

10-28-2012

D: now im gonna have to add taric to my list of need-to-buy supports

DARN YOU KENNY for using mah IPz

Farstride

10-28-2012

What are your opinions on Xerath mid?

ExecutionerK

10-28-2012

High skill cap pick, Xerath is not that strong early game, and once you have your ultimate, you still need to know the right spots to go into siege mode.

However, Xerath is really strong at ending the laning phase. He also has the abilities to outpoke the enemy even when they have strong sustain. Thus making him really worth picking in a team comp that is strong during early game and end it as early as possible

And if Xerath ever reach late game, his passive kicks in and he will tend to be able to withstand 2-3 more hits compare to normal AP carry. But keep in might that if the enemy have strong consistent gap closer, Xerath won't be as good as other AP that has mobility.

So True II

10-28-2012

Is Fiora viable in higher ELO? I recall Dyrus saying in a stream he wouldn't play Fiora due to her being not viable in higher ELO (she got countered too easily, apparently).

Reaper3p0

10-28-2012

can you help me with rengar im having trouble with him

ExecutionerK

10-28-2012

Quote:
So True:
Is Fiora viable in higher ELO? I recall Dyrus saying in a stream he wouldn't play Fiora due to her being not viable in higher ELO (she got countered too easily, apparently).

Fiora is not as viable as other pick because she is not too strong in a specific area. If built squishy, she can't even focus down the enemy carry if there is an aura item or heal from support, yet if built tanky, she can't do any damage.

Imo, It will be best to have a short cc for each target that she ult on to.