Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by So True View Post
This might be a bitlong... But I was wondering if you could tell me about different ADC's counterpicks, like I've heard Vayne is counterpicked by Ezreal and so on. Main ADC's I have in mind are Ezreal, Kog'maw, Vayne, and Graves.

And, can you tell me some common band in ranked draft, and why?

Thanks
Graves: Countered by Corki due to true damage passive and much better poke

Kog: Countered by strong poke and burst

Vayne: Countered by long range and burst

Ezreal: Countered by movement abilities, higher sustain damage, sustain (he will go oom)

JadothBloodreign

10-25-2012

Sorry if this is a little vague, but... how do you get "better"? I've heard that the way to get better is to just play more games, but usually I'll just play games and keep on doing what works best for me and I have no way of knowing if I'm "doing it right." I know I make tons of mistakes in games, I get ganked easily and I have trouble keeping up with what's going on. Stuff happens so fast I don't even know what I did.

Also, a lot of guides I've found state that the main champion I use (Taric) is pure support, but I've had much more success with a mix of AP and support items than when I go full-on support... why does everyone ignore the passives linked to his autoattacks and the insane PBAoE damage he can do? He's a guy in armor with a huge badass hammer and he's expected to stand in the back and radiate buffs?

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadothBloodreign View Post
Sorry if this is a little vague, but... how do you get "better"? I've heard that the way to get better is to just play more games, but usually I'll just play games and keep on doing what works best for me and I have no way of knowing if I'm "doing it right." I know I make tons of mistakes in games, I get ganked easily and I have trouble keeping up with what's going on. Stuff happens so fast I don't even know what I did.

Also, a lot of guides I've found state that the main champion I use (Taric) is pure support, but I've had much more success with a mix of AP and support items than when I go full-on support... why does everyone ignore the passives linked to his autoattacks and the insane PBAoE damage he can do? He's a guy in armor with a huge badass hammer and he's expected to stand in the back and radiate buffs?
Watch your replay, you seem to have trouble to understand what is going on and I doubt anything that I am doing will help you o.O

Taric is better as a support, and you should use your autoattacks to be serious, but getting AP isn't smart because

1. AP ratio not good
2. You probably don't have magic pen to make your skill does good damage.
3. Your aura effect from skill is so strong to give up.

instinkt8

10-26-2012

I'm in a serious dilemma, whether its pure unluck, or i really do suck, i've let my elo drop so low that i'm more often than not last pick, and in being last pick, i'm stuck with trying to play "support"
I love playing support, don't get me wrong, but when i'm this low into what some call elo hell, there isnt a lot a bot lane taric or alistair can do without being flamed for stealing farm or "ksing"

And as far as calling roles in champion selelct goes, i can't help but give to everyone in so i don't stir up some tempermental fat kid by trying to call a role, or by being selfish and picking the role i wanted anyway, when i'm last pick i mean

Seeing as i'm often bot lane "support", can you suggest a champion and a way to play, get the odd farm, the odd kill, have enough presence to affect team fights a lot, while playing under the illusion of being "support" so i'm not reported or some idiot snaps and griefs
Keeping in mind at my elo alistair, blitz, malphite and shen are nearly always banned

NamelessFish

10-26-2012

Silly keny, i know people say shes a bad jungle, but i wanna know why. Exactly why? also, can she do anything besides jungle? maybe solo top?

Hmm and yush Lulu is another multitasker indeed. Any others you can think of?

JadothBloodreign

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
Watch your replay, you seem to have trouble to understand what is going on and I doubt anything that I am doing will help you o.O
I've looked around the game options and I couldn't find anything about replays. Where do you find them?

ExecutionerK

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by instinkt8 View Post
I'm in a serious dilemma, whether its pure unluck, or i really do suck, i've let my elo drop so low that i'm more often than not last pick, and in being last pick, i'm stuck with trying to play "support"
I love playing support, don't get me wrong, but when i'm this low into what some call elo hell, there isnt a lot a bot lane taric or alistair can do without being flamed for stealing farm or "ksing"

And as far as calling roles in champion selelct goes, i can't help but give to everyone in so i don't stir up some tempermental fat kid by trying to call a role, or by being selfish and picking the role i wanted anyway, when i'm last pick i mean

Seeing as i'm often bot lane "support", can you suggest a champion and a way to play, get the odd farm, the odd kill, have enough presence to affect team fights a lot, while playing under the illusion of being "support" so i'm not reported or some idiot snaps and griefs
Keeping in mind at my elo alistair, blitz, malphite and shen are nearly always banned
Once again, when your elo is too low for proper supporting, you should convert yourself into a kill lane. Champions such as Leona, Zyra, or even Sion are exceptionally good at that due to their powerful cc with decent damage. For Zyra and Sion, you can even transition into a semi-carry role with Aegis as your aura item.

ExecutionerK

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamelessFish View Post
Silly keny, i know people say shes a bad jungle, but i wanna know why. Exactly why? also, can she do anything besides jungle? maybe solo top?

Hmm and yush Lulu is another multitasker indeed. Any others you can think of?
Kennen is a bad jungler because she doesn't have built in sustain and her skill uses too much energy in the jungle. Solo top is good

Can't think or any right now.

ExecutionerK

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadothBloodreign View Post
I've looked around the game options and I couldn't find anything about replays. Where do you find them?
You need to download a software call Lolreplay, look it up on google.

Sereg Anfaug

10-26-2012

"Once again, when your elo is too low for proper supporting, you should convert yourself into a kill lane."

If there's an ELO too low for proper supporting, I have yet to reach it. I'm at 750 and we support in accordance with the meta down here.