Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thorston13

10-23-2012

Ok, i got two more questions, hope im not a bother.
1.- Smartcasting?
I know what it is and have an idea of how it works, never actually tried it, should i, is it really better?

2.- Do you know or have met someone at your current elo that plays Viktor??
I play him a lot, he's a really solid mid, at lvl 6 you can melt any AP or AD carry and some supports like a knife going thought butter, but having the hex core in the build against your choice it's what everyone hates and calls him useless for.
So any high elo competitive players play him?
Thank you again.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-23-2012

1. Smartcast is a way to cast your spells faster, but you also give up the range indicator, which is huge for most people

If you ever want to switch to smartcast, practice the champion so you know the range of the skills first.

2. I know that Rainbow Thugs play Viktor mid some time, but other than him I can't remember anyone that play Viktor.

Demonatarms

10-23-2012

I understand syndras AP ratios ate nice but if I were to play her mid how should I build if I want a lot of AP and still want survivability?

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonatarms View Post
I understand syndras AP ratios ate nice but if I were to play her mid how should I build if I want a lot of AP and still want survivability?
Currently I am going with Athene Zhonya build, which provide you both MR and Armor as well as strong mana regen.

I am still testing out with Syndra, so I won't be a good person to ask.

NamelessFish

10-24-2012

Have you ever thought of making a guide for those evil little trick shots/combos that noone ever tells you a champ can do? like really evil(or commonly called pro) tricks/combos that will just ruin the day of someone who thought had you/ could get away from you

MorikTheMad

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
1. Smartcast is a way to cast your spells faster, but you also give up the range indicator, which is huge for most people

If you ever want to switch to smartcast, practice the champion so you know the range of the skills first.
Note that you don't have to give up your range indicators. E.g.,
I have Q, W, E, and R bound to smartcast, and Z, X, C, and V bound to normal cast.

(I rebound character stats to K, and fallback ping to H)

That way if you need an indicator, you got it, and if you don't, you can cast faster.

I think the default smartcast binding is shift + [Q,W,E,R], but that is a little clunky.

ExecutionerKen

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamelessFish View Post
Have you ever thought of making a guide for those evil little trick shots/combos that noone ever tells you a champ can do? like really evil(or commonly called pro) tricks/combos that will just ruin the day of someone who thought had you/ could get away from you
Those evil tricks are really sh*tty if you don't know when to use them, for example, one of my signature move when I am fighting is kiting forward, which is the complete opposite from most people as they will put the skill behind the champion to ensure it hits as they back off.

ExecutionerKen

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorikTheMad View Post
Note that you don't have to give up your range indicators. E.g.,
I have Q, W, E, and R bound to smartcast, and Z, X, C, and V bound to normal cast.

(I rebound character stats to K, and fallback ping to H)

That way if you need an indicator, you got it, and if you don't, you can cast faster.

I think the default smartcast binding is shift + [Q,W,E,R], but that is a little clunky.
I just use the default keys as I am too lazy to change them, nonetheless some people prefer to change them, all up to the player =]

NamelessFish

10-24-2012

Yeah those tricks are entirely situational, but they are still worth knowing. Its not like you can only use it 1 in 10 games or so. Hell, several times a game i find myself wondering "I wonder if i coulda used X...then Y, an auto attack or 2, then Z, to kill that hoe that killed me" -glares at that eve walking away laughing-

Kinda like ziggs using satchel at baron to knock him into tri bush, setup his minefield, press Q and wait[assuming u dont have smartcast, also assuming your chasing that hoe darius trying to run away]

Or if your being chased by an AoE happy class and are GOING to die....and just happen to be near baron, hide behind him. ~COME AT ME BRO~

Filmslinger

10-24-2012

What's a good champ to learn as much of top as possible? I'm learning Orianna and Ahri for mid.