Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LanguidSquid

10-19-2012

I do not want to request too much, but over the course of the last 3 days I have read about the first 2/3 of this thread and found it most informative. Regarding actually carrying games, and especially directing my team, I find it extremely difficult to get people to respond regardless of how well I am individually performing. If you would be so extremely kind as to review this game of me playing Tristana and instruct me as to how I could perform any role more completely I would be most grateful.

Furthermore, earlier in this thread you mentioned that you were able to take the responsibility of coaching people, I would be most interested in learning more about this offer. Also, at one point I read the name of 'your' chat channel, but cannot rediscover it, would you please repost?

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-19-2012

My chat room is Element Zero, you should be able to join it by searching the chat room in the client.

I will watch the trist game after dinner, bump the post if I forget to post.

LanguidSquid

10-20-2012

bumpan

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-20-2012

Sorry...but my lolreplay is glitched again, I will try to fix it ASAP.

Djinn19

10-20-2012

When a teamfight gets all balled up, I'm running up against the limits of my reflexes and coordination. My eyes cannot discern the different champions in the melee and it makes it hard to focus who I want. What's good practice for developing the coordination to get through this?

ExecutionerKen

10-20-2012

Change all the setting to low, even though it doesn't really help to solves the problem, it does allow you to see things more clear

The rest of it though, you will probably need to practice with a bunch of games, there won't be any shortcut.

LanguidSquid

10-20-2012

How is your LoLReplay? XD

LarcyBrown

10-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
It is just the normal calculation. 68 MR means 40.5% reduction

the equation is Damagereduction = Resistance / (100 + |Resistance|)

aka, the damage from sunfire will only be 40 x (1 - 40.5%), which is 23.8
this actually suprised me a lot, so Magic resist doesnt work the way i tough at all.
I took a look at the wiki page as well to understand your point a bit.
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Magic_resistance
This is making me reconsider using madread bloodrazer on a few champs.
the damage reduction if you have Mr might be a lot less then what i tough on madread passive...or is it?

Frankly, i seen some of the math on this but i hardly get it lol.Studying the actual numbers is something i could care less about and i bet TONS of people think this way as well.
Sigh must be partially why i was only able to reach 1159 elo.
Least i got silver i worked hard on it too!

NamelessFish

10-21-2012

I main Heimerdinger, cause win or lose, I always have fun, every single game.
That being said, I have a few questions regarding some of the little things to deal with more experienced players.

Vs Akali: Is there anything I can do to keep her from dropping that shroud, bursting me for 1/4-2/3 my hp, and....well just killing me....I have yet to escape from an Akali that I havnt outfarmed BADLY. I stun her, i rocket her, i drop 2 turrets and use ult and it means nothing to her. Not that I cant kill her, its just that the shroud protects her agianst turrets, and Heimy without turrets is kinda like putting a target on my Afro.

Tower Destruction: I have yet to play ranked, but I keep constant pressure on their lane, keeping 2 wards on both sides of mid, or the river/bush agianst the wall so i dont get ganked. Always have a turret broken by 9:00[have even broke both mid turrets one game at 8:36 without help, was so proud(WITH several gank attempts)], I keep turrets at a perfect position iv found that they end up being right behind the area of minion engagement yet just outside tower range(where the left river bush ends on top, a teeny bit above it), and I harass with grenade/rockets[Meki pendant,1 hp, 2 mp pots to harass, also grabbing blue at level 8, grab wards at level 3/4,usually when i grab my tear of godess] until they have to recall, then i push as much as i can, and back off when they return. Usually takes 2-4 recalls of theirs for me to break that turret. I run teleport/promote to help with this, as i absolutely LOVE promote. I love to push, and its so helpfull. After this wall of text, my question is simple. Am I being too aggressive? Agianst more skilled players, does this just ask for a gank? Mind you Im used to being ganked, and ward accordingly, and escape 80% of the time. And though it gets me ganked a lot[or at least attempted], I feel this gives my teammates important time to push their lanes, thus making myself a usefull distraction. Am I wrong? -Been thinking about this a while-

Pushing Vs Teamfights: Iv been wondering about what i should really be using my time for. The vast majority of the time I push, simply because I force the enemy team to either deal with me, thus making them more vulnerable to my team/their pushes, or I break a turret....or 2....or 3....as many as i can get away with and live. I find Heimy extremely good at pushing and building large waves of minions very quickly, but should i be focusing more on teamfights? I dont find myself all that usefull really....as my reputation in any game for pushes tends to make people not like me....and nuke me....and all i can really do is shut down escapes/lock down enemy AD carries. So, should i continue being the distraction that HAS to be dealt with, forcing the enemy to not be able to fully engage with anything, or should i try and....do something in teamfights(hasnt worked well so far, but maybe im missing something)

~Will add more as i think of stuffs, i think this is a bit long already though,xD

Thought of another! Buying wards: How much would you consider too much to spend on wards? Early game i just stick with a ward on both sides of river bush/see above, i said which 2 bushes i ward on bottom. After i Break a turret, i keep those 2 wards, and start warding, in mid, wraiths+that curvy piece of bush on the other side of the turret i just broke to see incoming ganks more(also which escape route to take), and on bottom, i keep those 2 and start warding dragon, the tri bush above the turret i broke, and their bush at blue buff(considering moving that one a bit further in though, not sure where id put it) so this is, minimum, 150 gold per 3 minutes early game and 300/375 per 3 minutes mid game, going up to double that(sometimes i have to do my entire teams warding myself) late game, cause of course noone else wants to ward, and if they do, its like 1-2 wards a game. Am i spending too much on wards?(I get vision wards if i think/see them warding, raising the price even more) Am i -gasp- not spending enough on wards? I consider myself a support mid if anything, not a carry or tank of any sort, so the cost doesnt hinder me much and i really dont mind, im just wondering if it kinda gimps me late game. Sure i almost always have double-triple their minion kills, but when i spend as much as i do on wards, am i giving up that same gold advantage? Maybe im overthinking this....

ExecutionerKen

10-21-2012

1. Bring a pink ward with you, if Akali stills dare to jump on you, GG for her for sure.

2. Teleport Promote is asking for being ganked in most cases, due to you not having a solid escape (flash or ghost), you also limit your ability to kill the other guy without ignite. However, it is a viable strag as you push really really hard.

3. Split push is a viable strag, just be sure to talk with your teammates in advance or they will yell at you for not helping (Note: You should still do team objectives such as baron or dragon)

4.2-3 wards are usually enough for mid, you don't want to go pass that.