Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lolshack

09-04-2012

If you had to pick solo tops that:

-are bruiser enough
-has a decent AP scaling
-aren't dependent on CCs with AA (Voli, Singed, XZ)
-aren't Mundo/J4

who would it be? I'm grinding to get Galio since I did decently well with him, but a friend told me that Mord does the job well. And there's Leona.

Thanks in advance.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolshack View Post
Recently moved to solo top from APC mid/supp bot. Questions:

If you had to pick solo tops that:

-is bruiser enough
-has a decent AP scaling
-is not dependent to CCs with AA (Singed, Voli, XZ)
-is not J4/Mundo

who would it be? I'm currently grinding to get Galio since I did decent with him, but a friend told me that Mord does the job. And there's Leona.

Thanks in advance.
Vlad and Morde sounds like the only two since you said about decent AP scaling = ="

BendyBread

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-07-2012

I love both Shyvana and Skarner as junglers, but I never know who to pick in a match.

I've tried looking at the enemy team and deciding who we need, but I never really come to a conclusion. All I know is, if my team lacks CC, I probably won't want to pick Shyvana. Apart from that, how am I supposed to decide who to use?

ExecutionerKen

09-07-2012

You pick Shyvana if you want the early damage and jungle control (one of the strongest counter jungler in the game) and Skarner if you want AoE slow/ you have a target that you must grab (such as Vayne, Kog)

Mungril

09-07-2012

Hey, i'm trying to get good at solo top and trying to buy some top tier solo top champs. So can you give me your suggestions on a solo top tier list? Thanks.

ExecutionerKen

09-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungril View Post
Hey, i'm trying to get good at solo top and trying to buy some top tier solo top champs. So can you give me your suggestions on a solo top tier list? Thanks.
I think you shouldn't be focusing too much in the tier, there are many areas that each solo top is strong at. For example, while Shen has strong global control, he isn't that strong in lane, and he lacks the ability to farm and push really quick unless he has ionic spark or wit's end

On the other hand, while Renekton is so much weaker in term of global control, he offers a really strong early and mid game, allowing him to dominate most solo top, push turrets down for map control, and often can gank other lanes easily. (Also can assist jungler for counter jungling)

I recommend buying Yorick (strong lane, strong ultimate), Rumble, Nidalee (AD), Jayce, Olaf, Jax, Irelia

All these solo top have areas that they are strong at. Olaf can run straight to the enemy carries, Jax can often do a lot of damage while being extremely tanky, Irelia is basically unstoppable by cc, etc.

exuion

09-07-2012

Mungril, I would recommend Lee, Ire, and Jayce. They are all really strong early game, with some flaws (lee has no late game presence, ire has no reliable escape, Jayce has to press a ton of buttons in the right order)

I would stay away from yorick and rumble in the begining because they're relatively unique characters that dont fit into the general bruiser role / bruiser items (they're pretty caster heavy). They're also a bit harder to control correctly. They are very strong though when used correctly.

Voidjames

09-08-2012

When playing Ezreal as adc bot, how do you decide if you're going to build IE/PD/BT or Trinity Force first?
If you do choose the IE/PD/BT route what's the build order? Is this build order the same for every adc or is it different for Ezreal? And do you still build Trinity Force?

Thanks in advance

ExecutionerKen

09-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidjames View Post
When playing Ezreal as adc bot, how do you decide if you're going to build IE/PD/BT or Trinity Force first?
If you do choose the IE/PD/BT route what's the build order? Is this build order the same for every adc or is it different for Ezreal? And do you still build Trinity Force?

Thanks in advance
1. You go with trinity build when you need the phage proc and know that you need burst for fights

2. You decide between IE or BT mostly by the support of your team, the more heal = more toward IE

3. If you ever finished IE or BT, the decision between building trinity or stick with the standard adc build is hugely dependent on how well the enemy bruiser and jungler is doing, the easier they can gap close to you, the most likely you will build a trinity force.

King Kappa

09-09-2012

Hey Ken, glad to see you're still keeping up with this. Your dedication is profound.

Playing Xerath, no matter how well I do I generally tend to end up losing the game just because we can't finish it. It's not like I'm playing a tank that I can rush in and disrupt their team for my carries. Playing the squishy longest range champion in the game, I find it rather difficult to have a real effect on the game other than just hurting a lot. Tips?