Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lethadind

08-28-2012

Ken, wassup brah?

Dude, I need help with map awareness. I know it's important but in the thick of things I just keep forgetting to check the minimap. I get ganked even after throwing down a ward simply because I'm too involved in csing or harassing or whatever to see it. I know this is my fault but I've played 500+ games now and I still struggle with this. It's not a habit so the only time I remember to do it is in two circumstances: When I consciously remember/tell myself to do it, and when I get ganked - a hard reminder that I was playing stupid.

Is there some sort of "trick" or method that I can use to remind me to be aware more often? Something you've heard of or done yourself so you get in the habit of checking that damn bottom right corner of your screen every few seconds? I'm at a loss as to what to do.

Thanks.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2012

This is weird...but I made a music tone for my friend on his iphone, every 5 seconds the ping sound will come up, and he will watch the minimap right away....XD

XTreeX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
Depend on your skill level, often time I have find Lee Sin doing exceptionally good in that ELO bracket. People are not expecting you to counter jungle, thus his early damage is really good for snowballing into mid game.

That is only if you play him though XD.

As for team tactics, Just go more aggressively on objectives like baron or dragon. In fact, you can pretty much see whether the enemies are warding or not at that level (Just keep pressing tab to be sure) If they are not warding, pink the baron and camp. Often time people at this elo will be aware of the presence of baron, but they always let the ward go out and forget to ward again, allowing you guys to ambush their team.
Thanks Ken ;P There was a time when i was addicted to lee sin but didnt due too well, especially missing out on a large number of kills due to the bug at that time- the freeze in mid air during Q. I'm not going too well so can you give me some tips and general strategy whilst playing him so i can get back to playing him (jungle). Thanks
P.S just hit 1400 again but im not sure how ill go.

SDrive

Recruiter

08-29-2012

Hello,

I have a question on balancing time spent on farming and ganking as a jungler.

Often when I jungle, I find myself always behind on either CS or level (or both).
Whenever I see lanes at a disadvantage (bad matchup, being zoned, pushed, etc.) I will choose to attempt a gank on the lane.
While this seems to work out in the early game (about ~ 5 mins), in many games I will begin to fall behind at around this point.
This is usually because either I spend too much time attempting ganks, or I die due to mis-communication with the lanes, or just getting caught out of position.
Once I am behind, I try to play the catch-up game: but then I see the enemy jungler gank or attempt dragon and I have to go help, leading to me dying again and being set further behind.

I realize the best and only solution is to keep practicing and accumulate experience, but i would be thankful if you could give any advice or insight on this problem.

I usually play blind pick normals with friends, I only jungle occasionally.
The junglers I enjoy playing as are Rammus, Amumu, Cho'Gath, and Alistar.

tl;dr
What do I do when I am behind as the jungler?

Thank you for your time.

ExecutionerK

08-30-2012

It seems to be that your jungle speed is too slow to keep up, rather than a problem that you can't catch up.

What kind of junglers do you play? Go check solomid.net to make sure that the rune set and masteries that you are using are good.

NGG Codeluke

08-30-2012

My main role on my team is to Jungle. I have recently decided to revamp my Rune Page to compensate for the change. As of now, my plan is to go with:

9 Attack Speed Marks
9 Flat Armor Seals
9 CDR Glyphs
3 Movement Speed/Flat AD Quints

My main jungler is Shaco.

But I can also jungle with Udyr, Volibear, Jax, Warwick and Nocturne.

Is this the correct rune page based on the champions I use? Or should I go with a different rune page?

Thanks for the help

ZiadAhmed

Recruiter

08-30-2012

hi i seem to be going to elo hell soon as i am 1139 elo now idk what to do but every time i get some bad players in my team i am not saying i am pro or something but they build wrong and just feeds the whole game i try to gank for them but even they still die and i wanna ask is support rly viable for ranked i man champs like (sona-soraka) i find them useless late game cuz they die nonsense so its better to get something that makes dmg please help

NGG Codeluke

08-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiadAhmed View Post
hi i seem to be going to elo hell soon as i am 1139 elo now idk what to do but every time i get some bad players in my team i am not saying i am pro or something but they build wrong and just feeds the whole game i try to gank for them but even they still die and i wanna ask is support rly viable for ranked i man champs like (sona-soraka) i find them useless late game cuz they die nonsense so its better to get something that makes dmg please help
In my opinion, (and this is coming from just some average League player), supports are necessary because they are basically 1. Warding and 2. Supporting the Carry

Those are two very important roles to play because like they say: Wards Win Games

ExecutionerK

08-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codeluke View Post
My main role on my team is to Jungle. I have recently decided to revamp my Rune Page to compensate for the change. As of now, my plan is to go with:

9 Attack Speed Marks
9 Flat Armor Seals
9 CDR Glyphs
3 Movement Speed/Flat AD Quints

My main jungler is Shaco.

But I can also jungle with Udyr, Volibear, Jax, Warwick and Nocturne.

Is this the correct rune page based on the champions I use? Or should I go with a different rune page?

Thanks for the help
Everything looks fine except the CDR glyph. Most of the time you will find those little cdr doesn't have as much effect as the MR glyph, but it does work well especially on WW or Noc, who do want their ultimate to have a lower cooldown.

ExecutionerK

08-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiadAhmed View Post
From what I am seeing, you do have a lot of problems with your builds. Go check for the standard build on solomid.

As for supports, usually it is needed for two reasons.
1. Create another flow of gold with gp10 so the ranged AD have more gold
2. Have sustain/ crowd control/ buff aura for the team

Due to these two reasons, even though bruiser kill lane also work on bottom, it is not as effectve as the support AD lane during mid-late game. But yes, kill lane does work if you focus primarily on shutting the enemy down early game.