Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BendyBread

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
Even though Brand has some problem with mana in a long fight, I do not recommend getting Athene's or DFG. Brand is strong at AoE damage and not single target burst, and thus the reason why he is so strong in a team fight. Your current build seems to be good and have no reason to change it unless you need DFG to burst down specific champion on the enemy team.
Thank you for that.

Also another question if you don't mind (this one will sound stupid). Which AD carry do you think truly carries the best in solo queue? I've seen all of them do really well, ranging from Sivir, to Graves, to Varus. Honestly I like Vayne but can't position too well, I like Ezreal but seem to feel weak, and when I play Graves I get too overconfident, or I just don't deal the damage I expect.
I'm pretty confused about bot lane, since I mainly support if I'm in bot, I rarely AD.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solatoral View Post
Thank you for that.

Also another question if you don't mind (this one will sound stupid). Which AD carry do you think truly carries the best in solo queue? I've seen all of them do really well, ranging from Sivir, to Graves, to Varus. Honestly I like Vayne but can't position too well, I like Ezreal but seem to feel weak, and when I play Graves I get too overconfident, or I just don't deal the damage I expect.
I'm pretty confused about bot lane, since I mainly support if I'm in bot, I rarely AD.
Curently Graves dominate the early game skill burst, Ezreal dominate mid game with strong buff and debuff in the skillset, and Corki dominate mid-late game with strong AoE from rocket, and finally there is Vayne, Kog and Trist sitting on late game.

Most of the time Trist and Vayne will not hit that epic late game, thus the reason why people are always picking on the big 3 right now. (One other reason is that Kog lacks an escape)

Gummzy

08-27-2012

I somewhat recently played a game as Support. I kept river warded, tried keeping the enemies off CS without endangering myself too much, and set up kills for my ADC as best I could. I was Leona and my ADC was Kog'Maw. Now, this Kog'Maw ignored the wards and got ganked several times very early on and was 0/4/0 around 9 minutes in with the enemy ADC sitting on a nice gold lead. With Kog gone, the enemy could easily 1v3 tower dive me(Their ADC,Their Support, and Their Jungle.) As the Support, what am I supposed to do in this situation? Try and hang on until late game and Kog gets stronger? Or adjust my build as the tanky support so that I have a larger damage output?

ExecutionerK

08-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummzy View Post
I somewhat recently played a game as Support. I kept river warded, tried keeping the enemies off CS without endangering myself too much, and set up kills for my ADC as best I could. I was Leona and my ADC was Kog'Maw. Now, this Kog'Maw ignored the wards and got ganked several times very early on and was 0/4/0 around 9 minutes in with the enemy ADC sitting on a nice gold lead. With Kog gone, the enemy could easily 1v3 tower dive me(Their ADC,Their Support, and Their Jungle.) As the Support, what am I supposed to do in this situation? Try and hang on until late game and Kog gets stronger? Or adjust my build as the tanky support so that I have a larger damage output?
Big problem in this situation is that Leona cannot be played as a passive support. If the lane is losing and the enemy can tower dive you, it might be better off for you to give up the tower and let kog farm passively. You on the other hand, can try to get to 6 ASAP and roam around, helping mid and jungle. (Keep in mind that you will still have to ward for kog to protect him as much as you can)

Note: Since AD carry is fed now, you can buy ninja tabi or at least a cloth armor and build it into aegis later on.

Jesot

08-27-2012

What you usually do is get told how bad you are by the idiot Kog. Happens every time.

Lord Puppy Fury

08-27-2012

Do you have any good tips on how to die less? I'm studying up on map awareness which I know is a huge part of anticipating enemy movements, but is there anything else I need to look at? I've also recently sucked it up and switched to an unlocked camera. Team fights can be a little chaotic since I'm not always sure where I am.

BuckLuckMitch

08-27-2012

I need help with something that people call a little strange. Most games i lose (BTW I'm not that good :P)
, but the games I start to win I get extremely aggressive and start becoming more risky thinking I'm invincible. I don't know why I do it, I think it's just a bad habit of mine, but I cant seem to stop. Any tips or tricks on judging if a play/move is safe or not?

Devoit

08-27-2012

I'm an avid player of Galio, and am still working on a good rune page for him. Would seals of endurance be good for him? Or should I pick up armor instead? I feel that the extra 4.5% health later game would be much more beneficial later game then the extra 12? (estimated) armor?

TheSneaker

08-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckLuckMitch View Post
I need help with something that people call a little strange. Most games i lose (BTW I'm not that good :P)
, but the games I start to win I get extremely aggressive and start becoming more risky thinking I'm invincible. I don't know why I do it, I think it's just a bad habit of mine, but I cant seem to stop. Any tips or tricks on judging if a play/move is safe or not?
If i may, may i answer this ? well thanks

So basically you got one of those phases which almost a lot of LoL players go through, i had one of those once, but you will get over it. I exepect that you just started LoL less then a month ago and you dont understand the full dynamics of the plays your suppose to do. Also flash helps you get out of those tricky IMA TURRET DIVE situation, but heres a good tip, get a good team, or friends, go on skype, if not then be in game or ethier all be aggresive, Or start playing smart and listening to your team mates so you could make good plays, ethier of these will help you become better =P and if you want you can join my pre mades, well you know my ingame name since its my forum name and if you ever want to jungle heres my thread =D

Good Jungling Guides http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2519905 Learn a New champion !

TheSneaker

08-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Puppy Fury View Post
Do you have any good tips on how to die less? I'm studying up on map awareness which I know is a huge part of anticipating enemy movements, but is there anything else I need to look at? I've also recently sucked it up and switched to an unlocked camera. Team fights can be a little chaotic since I'm not always sure where I am.
Another one of those may i answer =D

Well here is a good tip, you dont have supports yet(i dont know if your do) so your not an avid user of wards , and your team mates dont really call mias, but a easy thing to do is getting used to g and v pinging G is to go in the blue ping and V is the gold one to fall back. A good thing is to practice with friends on skype or a form of communcation and they can be your whole map awerness, anyways press the space BAR and it will return you to the position you were , all of these things take time getting used to