Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by YTDerpaaa View Post
Thanks for the tips; Also, if I buy 3500 RP what should I spend it on? I hear rune pages are quite important.
Don't spend the money on rune page until you have the runes to fill them in


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonatarms View Post
I play kennen though
Then you shouldn't lose to Darius


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DMPuffy

Senior Member

07-24-2012

What is Ezreals role? What separates him from the other AD's? Why would I pick him over any of the other AD's(I have them all)? I want to learn him, and master him as well, because he's the only AD I really didn't play that much, but I find myself in situations when playing him where I go "Man, I really wish I chose Graves/MissFortune/Ashe/etc."

Against who, or when should I be picking him for him to be most effective? What situations would make him feel like he was a great pick?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyForNothin View Post
What is Ezreals role? What separates him from the other AD's? Why would I pick him over any of the other AD's(I have them all)? I want to learn him, and master him as well, because he's the only AD I really didn't play that much, but I find myself in situations when playing him where I go "Man, I really wish I chose Graves/MissFortune/Ashe/etc."

Against who, or when should I be picking him for him to be most effective? What situations would make him feel like he was a great pick?
Ezreal is really effective on doing early dragon and shut down enemy champion that has a relatively weak early game (such as Vayne)

The best time to pick him over other AD will be when top has a bruiser and your jungler also benefits from attack speed buff.

Ezreal is also really good at bursting the enemy. While most other carry have some niche ability (You won't use Corki's W for damage, but Ezreal will use his arcane shift as part of the damage output) , every single Ezreal's ability can work really well against the enemy, and thus seperate him from most other ranged AD.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DMPuffy

Senior Member

07-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
Ezreal is really effective on doing early dragon and shut down enemy champion that has a relatively weak early game (such as Vayne)

The best time to pick him over other AD will be when top has a bruiser and your jungler also benefits from attack speed buff.

Ezreal is also really good at bursting the enemy. While most other carry have some niche ability (You won't use Corki's W for damage, but Ezreal will use his arcane shift as part of the damage output) , every single Ezreal's ability can work really well against the enemy, and thus seperate him from most other ranged AD.
Thanks for the response, and thanks for adding those who wish to simply spectate your games. I'll have to spectate when I notice you're playing Ezreal as well, and see if I can pick up on anything obscure but still vital to playing him. Spectating your games really has been useful these few weeks in nailing down small tricks and positioning tactics to add to my arsenal. The thread itself, has been useful from the very beginning of its creation.

Again, thanks.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyForNothin View Post
Thanks for the response, and thanks for adding those who wish to simply spectate your games. I'll have to spectate when I notice you're playing Ezreal as well, and see if I can pick up on anything obscure but still vital to playing him. Spectating your games really has been useful these few weeks in nailing down small tricks and positioning tactics to add to my arsenal. The thread itself, has been useful from the very beginning of its creation.

Again, thanks.
I will be back in the states late next week, then you will be able to spectate much more games.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MonkOfDarkness

Senior Member

07-24-2012

what are some of the counters to Jax and darius in top lane....

so far the community has come up with a little list for jax...

Pantheon, Olaf, Kennen, Vayne, Shen, Rumble, Morde, Galio, malphite

just wanted your opinion, say if jax was insta picked first for top lane knowing your alright with each character who could u win the lane with, without getting ganks


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-24-2012

Darius has many counters on top lane, as long as you don't let him pull you, he has a relatively weak game. Any champion with ranged harass will put Darius into a really bad position

As for Jax, the biggest problems to countering Jax are these two

1. Jax snowballs hard, or he always outscale everyone
2. Jax does mixed damage (both AD and AP)

Personally I believe there is no true counter to Jax, but there are picks that are really good at delaying him. Such as Rumble, Malphite and Pantheon (the other picks that you mentioned are not counters for sure)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DMPuffy

Senior Member

07-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
Darius has many counters on top lane, as long as you don't let him pull you, he has a relatively weak game. Any champion with ranged harass will put Darius into a really bad position

As for Jax, the biggest problems to countering Jax are these two

1. Jax snowballs hard, or he always outscale everyone
2. Jax does mixed damage (both AD and AP)

Personally I believe there is no true counter to Jax, but there are picks that are really good at delaying him. Such as Rumble, Malphite and Pantheon (the other picks that you mentioned are not counters for sure)
Perhaps Teemo? I have also seen Yorick do a number on him, and Olaf works decently for me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-24-2012

Good Jax will dominate Teemo, his counterstrike is really strong against autoattackers.

Yorick is one of the picks that is really good at denying Jax, but once again it is only denying....late game Jax stills dominate.