Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rusaw4

07-16-2012

bump

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusaw4 View Post
Hello, I am currently summoner level 27, and consider myself to be pretty experienced in the LoL gameplay (Rarely played anything other than pvp since about level 5). I've been switching roles a lot lately, starting on AP mid (generally annie, malz, or AP morde) then moving to support, and now I seem to have fallen into solo (usually) top. I generally use Irelia or Akali, but I'm interested in learning Singed. He's not seen often, and his skill set and natural beefiness seems like something that will help with my usual problems I have with Irelia and Akali (generally low hp early game and particularly with Irelia difficulty countering harass from other champs with ranged skills or AA's). I was just wondering if you had any particular builds (skill and item) you would suggest for Singed in the top lane.

EDIT: Should you happen to look up my match history, ignore my bot game with Riven last night I was really drunk lmao.
Drop sunfire, buy frozen heart or randuin

Drop boot of swiftness, buy merc thread or ninja tabi, both are much better compare to swiftness. Use movement speed quints and masteries to make up the movement speed.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8F4zed View Post
This is probably a pretty silly question, but I need an answer to help get my priorities straight.

I'm stuck between saving up for a 6300 Champ (Nocturne or Vayne, haven't decided) and going ahead and finishing my rune pages. I only have two. One is for Jungle/Tanks, the other for AD Carries because those are really the only roles I play.

So my question is, are Champs without full rune pages designed specifically for their type still viable? EX: (Soraka with rune bonuses: +37 MR @ 18, +12 armor, +15% AS) Or should I complete my pages first, and then invest in different Champs to utilize them?

Also, I understand that AS runes aren't as good to have as AD or Armor Pen. I bought those when I didn't understand how important rune pages really were, and haven't invested in other marks since.
Since you only have 2 rune page, you really need to get more runes up before you should buy more champions (As a matter of fact, your AD rune page isn't complete yet).

Attack speed marks are only viable in the jungle or few really strong ranged AD that works with attack speed (Kog for example), buy AD for easier last hit and better early game.

Demonatarms

07-18-2012

Understood but I feel that every time I get in an engagement with Darius he comes out on top because of his pull. Any counters to this besides range?

ExecutionerK

07-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonatarms View Post
Understood but I feel that every time I get in an engagement with Darius he comes out on top because of his pull. Any counters to this besides range?
Play a champion that he doesn't want to pull you, such as Jax with counterstrike, Malp with his armor, or Udyr for much stronger damage and crowd control.

Hyperike

07-18-2012

I actually have a couple of questions.

I'm level eleven, and so far the matches seem completely out of whack. There is no rhyme or reason to anyone's actions, or strategy besides 'Push here" or "Attack over here". When do these more complex componets, such as counter-jungling, come into play?

Also, what type of targets should Anivia go after or avoid? And would Mana regen or AP be better for her?

Thanks in advance.

ExecutionerK

07-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperike View Post
I actually have a couple of questions.

I'm level eleven, and so far the matches seem completely out of whack. There is no rhyme or reason to anyone's actions, or strategy besides 'Push here" or "Attack over here". When do these more complex componets, such as counter-jungling, come into play?

Also, what type of targets should Anivia go after or avoid? And would Mana regen or AP be better for her?

Thanks in advance.
Those strategy should start coming into play around level 20 and become really important by the time you reach 30s, although people with really low ELO tends to don't have the need to worry about it (aka, the people with more loss than wins)

Anivia should focus on whatever that threaten her the most, mostly melee bruisers who are diving her and the ad carry.

Mana regen is important on Anivia, however, you should use blue buff to make up the regen, buying any mana regen will tends to lower anivia's damage, something that you don't want to see.

Hyperike

07-18-2012

Oh, ok. Thanks, I had been focusing too much on the Mana Regen for Anivia, and Haven't been able to do enough damage.

Garlic Queen

07-19-2012

I am currently at the low 1400s elo and have been having some problems with raging teammates as you mentioned above. Do you know of any effective ways to avoid/stop people from raging and throwing the game?

ExecutionerK

07-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garlic Queen View Post
I am currently at the low 1400s elo and have been having some problems with raging teammates as you mentioned above. Do you know of any effective ways to avoid/stop people from raging and throwing the game?
Usually it involves with 2 steps, first of all you must be able to have a decent score, secondly you will have to make reasonable calls. If you can be the leader of your team, people will automatically trust you and won't argue as much.